Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 08-07-2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 13730)
Frankly, your chances are almost zero. The only mid-career guy hired into AS is Finian Tan. In all likelihood, you aren't even half of Finian Tan's calibre.

Quite an amazing fella: News

Thanks for the tip, just reading about him is quite an inspiration. The article mentioned two, not one person being recruited into the AS mid-career - wonder how the other guy is doing now.

Unregistered 08-07-2011 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 13730)
Frankly, your chances are almost zero. The only mid-career guy hired into AS is Finian Tan. In all likelihood, you aren't even half of Finian Tan's calibre.

Thanks for the tip, just reading about him is quite an inspiration. Became Deputy Secretary at MTI almost immediately. The article mentioned two, not one person being recruited into the AS mid-career - wonder how the other guy is doing now.

Unregistered 08-07-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 14028)

Thanks for the tip, just reading about him is quite an inspiration. Became Deputy Secretary at MTI almost immediately. The article mentioned two, not one person being recruited into the AS mid-career - wonder how the other guy is doing now.

Before Finian Tan became DS at MTI, he was Executive Director at Goldman Sachs (the best of the best investment banks).

Unregistered 09-07-2011 12:28 PM

From Mr.Bean

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 14024)
Wow, assume that this is true, you have quite a good offer. But I find it quite amazing that they offered such a big jump in pay as a 1yr plus experience would probably give you an additional 300plus from your previous salary.

My 4 years experience (2 years in the private sector + 2 years as DXO) with NTU 2nd lower + MBA (in progress) = the same pay as yours???

My data
NTU 2nd lower Engineering
Have 3.5 years of engineering (aviation industry exp) in local GLC since fresh grad

I had applied for a position (non engineering) in a certain ministry. My previous aviation exp is totally not relevant. They offer me a job since the position I had applied in this ministry need some "project management" exp and people skills.

They offer $3700 basic with average annual package of about 15 months (could be more if perform well)

Unregistered 10-07-2011 10:48 PM

Question to ask!

I see that all you guys talking bout MX 12,13 and stuff but from what i understand organizations seem to go by grades, IE: Grade 5. Is there a difference btw MX and Grade?

keith_3891 11-07-2011 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 14076)
Question to ask!

I see that all you guys talking bout MX 12,13 and stuff but from what i understand organizations seem to go by grades, IE: Grade 5. Is there a difference btw MX and Grade?

of course.

most ministries go by MX. except for the professional schemes like economist or foreign officer.

most stat boards go by their own grades, which are determined by themselves, although some are modelled after the MX scheme.

any other more knowledgable folks in civil svc pls feel free to correct me if i am wrong

Unregistered 14-07-2011 02:08 PM

Annual Increment in Government Sector

Hi,

Anyone knows what is the annual increment for Ministries and Stat. Board? I heard it is 3 to 5% for Stat. Board. How about Ministries ($200 to $300 for Fresh grads to few years experience?)?

Thank you

Unregistered 16-07-2011 11:29 AM

Anyone know what is the starting salary for fresh grad with the ministry of home affair with 2nd lower degree with NS today?

How much is he expected to get after 3 years with the ministry if he is average performer?

anon 20-07-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 14225)
Hi,

Anyone knows what is the annual increment for Ministries and Stat. Board? I heard it is 3 to 5% for Stat. Board. How about Ministries ($200 to $300 for Fresh grads to few years experience?)?

Thank you

in ministry for degree holder. it is fixed at 150 each year.
consider good . after 10 years u can get about 3500 + 1500 =5000

Unregistered 20-07-2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anon (Post 14436)
in ministry for degree holder. it is fixed at 150 each year.
consider good . after 10 years u can get about 3500 + 1500 =5000

Pay increments are not fixed. I received varying increments over the years working in a Ministry. This year, I received nearly $500 and I recall i received around 200 when I started out many years back.