Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   ITE Polytechnic Scheme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/8740-institute-technical-education-polytechnic-scheme.html)

Unregistered 18-04-2019 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117156)
really? which poly HR?

Yes, is poly not ITE. SG is small easily found
Yes still on contract not permanent after 5 years+

Unlucky Merit how good also 0 increment because hit ceiling years back.

Somehow boss loves boot lickers

Smart888 25-04-2019 03:18 PM

IPS5
IPS6
IPS6H
IPS7
IPS8H

Are there changes in the scheme?

Anyone can input the salary range?

Thanks.

Unregistered 24-06-2019 01:35 PM

Scale and Pay?

15 years experience in teaching (6 years part time lecturing in poly)
foreign degree
now planning to take up FT teaching in ITE
so roughly the pay and which scale?

Unregistered 24-06-2019 03:52 PM

ite grad. how much is the pay for nursing? career wise any bonuses?

Unregistered 12-07-2019 08:31 PM

Zap Zap Kaboom!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116527)
Are you in poly or ITE. 4 years still contract?
You should be offered a tenure at year 3, 6 mths before your 2nd contract is up right?
My personal experience, hired at AX5A, convert to ips6, promoted to ips 7 all within 3 years.
Maybe your performance not so ideal in your department.

I've been in polys and now adjunct - more than a decade of experience in the poly circuit. I'd like to point out that your example and other's are different because the system is very flawed and dependent upon a number of factors. Realistically, I'm not expecting the system to be perfect, but however due to it's flawed nature, the discrepancies can be big. I believed you have a good manager, or good management within your department, appreciative and strong presence, plus some unique factors that allowed you to be 'promoted' fast. Your pace of promotion is uncommon but not unrealistic as I have witnessed it more than once. I do have colleagues who received the shorter end of the stick, and I myself have experienced that too, never mind how much we have contributed, our deep experience - or even single-handedly contributed important things. The team/school within the institution can be very punishing, and in time, one will realized that another school/team ain't like that, but too bad, those are different fields. This is also the reason why some schools/teams have higher turnover rates while others are 'over-flowing'... all within the same institution.

Unregistered 23-07-2019 04:17 PM

Some has helicopter in as IPS 7 and IPS 8 and they are China or India foreigners with empty promises of able to do this and do that.

Their tactics is like get into the organization first with lies and obtain high posts.
Then after they just come in sit there be statute do nothing. Every month get salary of 6.8k to 7k plus.

When people like me join 10 years rose from IPS 5 and acting manager.
Always hit ceiling with zero increment for 4 years.

The system is flawed.
The gap of increment is only $40-80 dollars with C+ B grading.

Unregistered 23-07-2019 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121590)
I've been in polys and now adjunct - more than a decade of experience in the poly circuit. I'd like to point out that your example and other's are different because the system is very flawed and dependent upon a number of factors. Realistically, I'm not expecting the system to be perfect, but however due to it's flawed nature, the discrepancies can be big. I believed you have a good manager, or good management within your department, appreciative and strong presence, plus some unique factors that allowed you to be 'promoted' fast. Your pace of promotion is uncommon but not unrealistic as I have witnessed it more than once. I do have colleagues who received the shorter end of the stick, and I myself have experienced that too, never mind how much we have contributed, our deep experience - or even single-handedly contributed important things. The team/school within the institution can be very punishing, and in time, one will realized that another school/team ain't like that, but too bad, those are different fields. This is also the reason why some schools/teams have higher turnover rates while others are 'over-flowing'... all within the same institution.

I worked more than 4 years, to be exact 6 years.
Have stucked at PAX6 and changed to IPS5 for 5 years.

Increment zero dollars.
Promotion increase $40 dollars from ceiling bar.

renewed 4 times still contract. Boss likes indians and china foreigners too.
Very strange hardworking workers give up and leave one by one.
Local foreigners join and leave immediately after see the politics and "group politics" of individual sections.

The IPS system has divided the PAX into 2 to further delay the promotion.
Unlike early pioneers PAX4 to 3 is double jump in salary.

Now is not. Fresh graduates seems to fly in at IPS 7 getting 5k flat.

They need review the grading system based on experience, qualifications, age, expertise, amount of work and performance.

Everyone just asks for Managerial position with no experience or knowledge.
After they leave less than 2 years or contract not renewed because they fail to perform as expectation.

Horrible grading IPS System

Unregistered 12-08-2019 01:03 AM

Tenure

Is there increment for getting contract renewal/tenure?

Unregistered 12-08-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122586)
Is there increment for getting contract renewal/tenure?

Not sure about tenure but definitely no for contract renewal.

Unregistered 14-08-2019 12:06 AM

Hi peeps, Any idea when hr will release the news of the salary review? Last heard they start reviewing in June. TIA