Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Really that bad for engineers? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/866-really-bad-engineers.html)

poor and stupid 03-12-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 31140)
Why do I have this feeling the whole thread has become poor and stupid talking to himself?

Because most of the rest are unregistered "guest" spewing rubbish anonymously

Unregistered 03-12-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poor and stupid (Post 31100)
ok cool, didnt know firmware can give out so high pay. How come you jump from consumer to industrial? Industrial electronics pay higher? what skills more valuable? mcu? fpga? dsp? UNIX? x86? SoC?

is ok, i dun mind answering question..

I have been working on Soc on previous companies, for consumer printer.
Just joint a company doing optical solution, currently working on mcu.

personally i think consumer market margin is very flat, the previous companies i worked with though is giant, but profit is lazer thin, so did my bonus.

Unregistered 03-12-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 31150)
is ok, i dun mind answering question..

I have been working on Soc on previous companies, for consumer printer.
Just joint a company doing optical solution, currently working on mcu.

personally i think consumer market margin is very flat, the previous companies i worked with though is giant, but profit is lazer thin, so did my bonus.

sorry typoo, is *razor thin. my bad.

Unregistered 03-12-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poor and stupid (Post 31146)
Because most of the rest are unregistered "guest" spewing rubbish anonymously

You are the biggest rubbish spewer. You are just as anoynomous as any unregistered "guest". If you want to be identified, let us know your real name and the company you work for, registering yourself with a silly nick like "Poor and Stupid" does not make you anymore less anoynomous than an unregistered guest.

You started off condeming all engineers, then as more and more engineers reply to counter you, you back off and say those are not the kind of engineers you are refering to. In the end you are just not happy with your current job and trying to label all the other engineers as losers like you.

Unregistered 03-12-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 31153)
You are the biggest rubbish spewer. You are just as anoynomous as any unregistered "guest". If you want to be identified, let us know your real name and the company you work for, registering yourself with a silly nick like "Poor and Stupid" does not make you anymore less anoynomous than an unregistered guest.

You started off condeming all engineers, then as more and more engineers reply to counter you, you back off and say those are not the kind of engineers you are refering to. In the end you are just not happy with your current job and trying to label all the other engineers as losers like you.

Join apple.. hardware engineering.. 4,000 to 9,000...

Unregistered 03-12-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

aiya you yourself also another garbage spewer. anyhow talk. got cock just talk.

talk cock sing song play mahjong.. all those who use unregistered are probably punkster.. just come here play punk

Unregistered 03-12-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 31133)
can lookup glassdoor and recruitment firm salary report, it's around that range for upper management levels in most foreign banks and top technology companies

Upper management means like Cecilia's ex-boss Oracle Singapore MD?

JJChen 27-12-2012 01:33 PM

hello bros here,

i will probably be graduating with 2nd Lower Hons from NUS in EE.

What sort of jobs do you recommend me doing ?
I am comfortable with a career in engineering/IT/others so long as the health hazards isn't too much.

poor and stupid 02-01-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Why dun you let us know which bloody HR department you are working for.

poor and stupid 02-01-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 31154)
Join apple.. hardware engineering.. 4,000 to 9,000...

Given the caliber to be able to join apple as a hardware engineer, its best to be a FAE, can earn much more (maybe?). I know some HW engineers do go to the 7~10k range but not common.

Best is dun study electronics at all. super chuied.