Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Really that bad for engineers? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/866-really-bad-engineers.html)

Unregistered 21-01-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 19922)
u r really a joker - gic & temasek blue chips ?!?

you should try applying and see if you get call up for interview. he's right. imagine if you tell your friends you work for gic, what do you think their reaction will be? this is a simple verification on what is blue chip

Unregistered 22-01-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 19928)
you should try applying and see if you get call up for interview. he's right. imagine if you tell your friends you work for gic, what do you think their reaction will be? this is a simple verification on what is blue chip

Yeah, can boost during varsity reunion,e.g an average jp morgan and goldman sachs employee earned usd340k and usd360k for 2011 total compensation. Gic is not too far from these numbers.
384 out of 1000 top singaporeans come from finance sector, most of them come from gic, ubs, gs, jpm, blackrock, credit sussie.

Unregistered 22-01-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 19922)
u r really a joker - gic & temasek blue chips ?!?

if they are not, what is? singapore does not have many world class companies to shout about

Unregistered 24-01-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 19933)
Yeah, can boost during varsity reunion,e.g an average jp morgan and goldman sachs employee earned usd340k and usd360k for 2011 total compensation. Gic is not too far from these numbers.
384 out of 1000 top singaporeans come from finance sector, most of them come from gic, ubs, gs, jpm, blackrock, credit sussie.

temasek not inside the list ?
u have the percentage by the dfferent banks ?

Unregistered 26-01-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 19561)
You are trying to use the examples of several black sheep to prove your point that there are few/no talent, which doesn't make sense. It's like saying most apples are bad because I can show you a few bad apples. Yes, those are bad apples, but there are also many good apples too. I dare say in the teaching service, there are many more good teachers, HODs and principals, than there are bad.

The IDA example - are you seriously expecting senior management to understand technical jargon? Come on. While I respect senior management that worked their way from the ground up, these days most are parachuted in. Even in the private sector, most CEOs would not know the nitty gritty details. They leave it to the technical pp. Rather, they are some MBA folks who are supposedly trained in business strategy. In any case, if you were serious about solving the issue you should have spoken to the IDA staff. I don't buy the scapegoat excuse.

I would be the first to agree that the public service tends to use seemingly old and dated technology that does not seem to be value for money. What to do? public service organisations tend to be very large and changing technology is a slow and tedious process. By the time they decide to adopt a technology after all the 'assessment', technology has already evolved to something else. Is this a critical flaw that totally prevents a good teacher from performing his/her role? My wife is a dedicated teacher. I often lament that the school doesn't provide her with enough resources. She simply works around the problems, and doesn't waste time on such things. Her email is working fine, btw.

MOE example - perhaps that IDA chap was really lousy. You seem to suggest that there was some conspiracy going on which led to your being kicked out. Did they tell you why you were out of the committee? Surely they would have given a reason? Mind sharing here?

You seem to be suggesting that the folks at IDA are pretty useless, don't even know how many access points are needed. Considering that there are many local engineers in IDA, and that many of them probably came from the same school as you, I find it hard to fathom that there isn't a single person in IDA who could have 'discovered' such a significant over-provision. Hard to tell, we don't have the tender specs, and the relevant papers, etc. Everything here, including your views, are all guess work.


In my previous post, I raise issues about MOE edumail. One clown keep on attacking me trying venomously.

To that clown, everything government do must be right consider so many talent inside government, and they must be better than individuals nobody like me,

Recently, cases of corrupt pops up regarding big shot of SCDF and CNB screwing IT sales woman that supply IT product to government.

//////
According to The New Paper, the female IT executive developed a close working relationship with both former CNB director Ng Boon Gay, 45, and former SCDF commissioner Peter Lim Sin Pang, 51.
/////

Now you know why government cannot buy good equipment given so many screwing around.


I also raise my experience of screwing rumors inside MOE. The clown attack me as below.

///
You can't even justify your point properly and you have to drag individuals' personal conduct into the picture to justify the lack of talent. You say this as though there are fewer of such cases in the private sector. Fact is, scandals exist everywhere. It has got nothing to do with general competencies which is the issue here.
///

I think in Singapore, there are really dickhead who are clueless about anything, other than supporting PAP. They should go and eat ****.

Anonymous 27-01-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 20026)
In my previous post, I raise issues about MOE edumail. One clown keep on attacking me trying venomously.

To that clown, everything government do must be right consider so many talent inside government, and they must be better than individuals nobody like me,

Recently, cases of corrupt pops up regarding big shot of SCDF and CNB screwing IT sales woman that supply IT product to government.

//////
According to The New Paper, the female IT executive developed a close working relationship with both former CNB director Ng Boon Gay, 45, and former SCDF commissioner Peter Lim Sin Pang, 51.
/////

Now you know why government cannot buy good equipment given so many screwing around.


I also raise my experience of screwing rumors inside MOE. The clown attack me as below.

///
You can't even justify your point properly and you have to drag individuals' personal conduct into the picture to justify the lack of talent. You say this as though there are fewer of such cases in the private sector. Fact is, scandals exist everywhere. It has got nothing to do with general competencies which is the issue here.
///

I think in Singapore, there are really dickhead who are clueless about anything, other than supporting PAP. They should go and eat ****.

No point dragging in politics when I don't even think you really understand what politics is all about, besides echoing some anti-ruling party slogans. Aren't you tired?

In the end whether or not one goes far in his career is about one's attitude, social skills and ability. It doesn't matter where you are. When you see people do well in the public sector, you automatically assume they are backstabbers. I'm sure when you see others doing better than you in the private sector, you will give similar negative comments. It all stems from your underlying disappointment in your own performance/career progression, as you see people leapfrog over you.

Suck it up. With your kind of negative disposition, always out to put people down, I'm not surprised if you are screwing up your career. I don't have anything else to add to this because at the end of the day, you're the one who has to deal with your screwed up career. Not me. And THAT is what really matters.

Unregistered 27-01-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 20032)
No point dragging in politics when I don't even think you really understand what politics is all about, besides echoing some anti-ruling party slogans. Aren't you tired?

In the end whether or not one goes far in his career is about one's attitude, social skills and ability. It doesn't matter where you are. When you see people do well in the public sector, you automatically assume they are backstabbers. I'm sure when you see others doing better than you in the private sector, you will give similar negative comments. It all stems from your underlying disappointment in your own performance/career progression, as you see people leapfrog over you.

Suck it up. With your kind of negative disposition, always out to put people down, I'm not surprised if you are screwing up your career. I don't have anything else to add to this because at the end of the day, you're the one who has to deal with your screwed up career. Not me. And THAT is what really matters.

I am a millionaire. I was well-loved by everyone and are having a high social standing. So, how about that?

I do not know how you form opinon about my wealth, and that makes me despise your intelligent. To you, anyone who voice dissent are screwed-up.

So what conclusion can you gather when I tell you I am rich?

Anonymous 27-01-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 20033)
I am a millionaire. I was well-loved by everyone and are having a high social standing. So, how about that?

I do not know how you form opinon about my wealth, and that makes me despise your intelligent. To you, anyone who voice dissent are screwed-up.

So what conclusion can you gather when I tell you I am rich?

Hahahahaha..

Unregistered 27-01-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 20034)
Hahahahaha..

you are just a stooge. No brain dont anyhow make conclusion. Don anyhow assume that anti government people are just bunch of beggars.

And even beggars are better than prostitute like you.

Anonymous 27-01-2012 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 20035)
you are just a stooge. No brain dont anyhow make conclusion. Don anyhow assume that anti government people are just bunch of beggars.

And even beggars are better than prostitute like you.

:D [10 chars]


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2