Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SIA AO grades (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/8526-singapore-airlines-ao-grades.html)

Barqui 05-02-2017 01:16 AM

SIA AO grades

Hello!

Anyone here worked at SIA before?

How long does it take for typical fresh grad to get to grade 2b and roughly what is the typical entry pay at that grade?

:D

Unregistered 05-02-2017 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barqui (Post 94285)
Hello!

Anyone here worked at SIA before?

How long does it take for typical fresh grad to get to grade 2b and roughly what is the typical entry pay at that grade?

:D

from what i gather from friend

fresh degree grad
entry - 1A
yr 1 - 1B
yr 2 - 2A
yr 3 - 2B

after that is grade 3, asst mgr level........dependent on performance

Unregistered 05-02-2017 12:30 PM

Promotion every year???

They promote everyone every year from 1A to 2B?? Than what is the value in the promotion? That means the pay scale also quite messed up?

Just wondering cos I am a mid career person thinking of joining the company.

Unregistered 05-02-2017 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94289)
They promote everyone every year from 1A to 2B?? Than what is the value in the promotion? That means the pay scale also quite messed up?

Just wondering cos I am a mid career person thinking of joining the company.

Most GLCs have very inflated job titles. Many of their so call senior managers, directors & vp are just assistant or junior managers in proper mncs.

Unregistered 05-02-2017 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94292)
Most GLCs have very inflated job titles. Many of their so call senior managers, directors & vp are just assistant or junior managers in proper mncs.

I know a "manager", M3 grade, in my GLC, with ntu degree, with 15-17exp in same company getting 6k - 6.5k only...

Barqui 05-02-2017 05:42 PM

So can I say for a mid career person going in the grade and title doesn't really matter as long as salary matches expectation?

Unregistered 05-02-2017 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barqui (Post 94305)
So can I say for a mid career person going in the grade and title doesn't really matter as long as salary matches expectation?

Short term wise doesn't matter, long term wise need to consider glass ceiling. Most GLCs if you are not a scholar or a 'horse' taken care of by a big shot in Temasek/GIC or ministry, the career ceiling is roughly real mid level manager. Actual title for middle manager is usually a Sr Director or SVP depending on the GLC itself.

Unregistered 05-02-2017 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94296)
I know a "manager", M3 grade, in my GLC, with ntu degree, with 15-17exp in same company getting 6k - 6.5k only...

Not surprising, it is common knowledge among those who work in GLC long enough that M4 is the bare minimum to be even considered "manager" in real terms.

Unregistered 06-02-2017 11:22 AM

Glass ceiling = pay ceiling??

For a person who is not power hungry (don't like to climb ladder) and focus more on scope and job satisfaction from doing the work - and of course the pay package must be reasonable.

Does the glass ceiling have big impact on progression in terms of salary? What is a typical increment % for "ok" performance in SIA AO?

Unregistered 06-02-2017 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94321)
For a person who is not power hungry (don't like to climb ladder) and focus more on scope and job satisfaction from doing the work - and of course the pay package must be reasonable.

Does the glass ceiling have big impact on progression in terms of salary? What is a typical increment % for "ok" performance in SIA AO?

It will be more helpful if you can elaborate your age, exp and what sort of salary you looking for now. Also 10-20 years down the road what sort of career & pay progression you looking for.

Very hard to advise if you use general words like job satisfaction, ok performance and reasonable pay package. This is very personal and everyone will have different expectations on what is ok & reasonable.