Born in 1983, Career headed no Where – Please help me - Page 2 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Born in 1983, Career headed no Where – Please help me

Old 07-01-2017, 11:55 AM
Verified Member

angusmoo is on a distinguished road

School based student care teacher salary $1800/mth:

Pasteboard — Uploaded Image

Old 07-01-2017, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

Some posters here are just disgusting. They think everyone here has all the time in the world to be a troll.

OP I think you should go back to teaching. You have experience, you can pick it up gradually again, and it will probably also lead to a greater sense of self-fulfillment. GT&O is not where you want to be in the long term at UOB.

Old 07-01-2017, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Some posters here are just disgusting. They think everyone here has all the time in the world to be a troll.

OP I think you should go back to teaching. You have experience, you can pick it up gradually again, and it will probably also lead to a greater sense of self-fulfillment. GT&O is not where you want to be in the long term at UOB.
You are saying that because you not here long enough. This guy has been posting the same story for many times. Every few months he will apply a new ID with a new thread then repost the same story again with the usual details of what fantastic grades he got in exams and how much money he made in the past as tuition teacher. He also likes to make comparison with his 'peers' about how much they make compare to him etc.

Posters in the past few threads always advise him to move on and stop thinking about how glorious he was. His usual response is to get defensive and claim he has already move on and he just want to find his 'passion' in a job. Many people already advise more or less the same thing like continue tuition, just be content and teach with normal salary, find a less stressful corporate admin job etc.

But think about it yourself - Would a guy who has already move on keep posting the same thing in detail what exam score you had, how much you made, how much net worth you use to have etc.? This must be the 4th or 5th time he has done that in just this forum alone. I also saw somewhat similar story in a few Singapore frequented forums that I suspect is the same guy.

I predict the same thing will happen again. He will deny he wants money, he wants past glory etc, but invariably no advice other than some 'secret' to making big money will be accepted.

Old 07-01-2017, 06:55 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
You are saying that because you not here long enough. This guy has been posting the same story for many times. Every few months he will apply a new ID with a new thread then repost the same story again with the usual details of what fantastic grades he got in exams and how much money he made in the past as tuition teacher. He also likes to make comparison with his 'peers' about how much they make compare to him etc.

Posters in the past few threads always advise him to move on and stop thinking about how glorious he was. His usual response is to get defensive and claim he has already move on and he just want to find his 'passion' in a job. Many people already advise more or less the same thing like continue tuition, just be content and teach with normal salary, find a less stressful corporate admin job etc.

But think about it yourself - Would a guy who has already move on keep posting the same thing in detail what exam score you had, how much you made, how much net worth you use to have etc.? This must be the 4th or 5th time he has done that in just this forum alone. I also saw somewhat similar story in a few Singapore frequented forums that I suspect is the same guy.

I predict the same thing will happen again. He will deny he wants money, he wants past glory etc, but invariably no advice other than some 'secret' to making big money will be accepted.
1. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I AM POSTING THIS HERE FYI.

2. PLEASE ALSO POST IT IN THE FORUM HERE WHICH OTHER TIMES HAVE I CHANGED MY USER NAME AND POSTED HERE JUST TO CLARIFY THINGS.

3. I AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE WITH YOU, BUT WOULD YOU PLEASE KINDLY USE YOUR REGISTERED ID TO POST HERE SO EVERYONE CAN VERIFY IF YOU ARE AND I AM THE CLONE

4. PLEASE POST HERE FOR THE EVIDENTIAL PROOF THAT THIS IS MY 4TH OR 5TH TIME POSTING HERE. YOU ARE MAKING THINGS UP OBVIOUSLY. PLEASE DO IT OR YOU HAVE TO STOP YOUR GROUNDLESS ACCUSATIONS.

It is no wonder many people claim that Singaporeans do not have a heart. There I am, having a genuine problem posting here to seek help. It is fine if you do not want to help, you can just move on and stop posting your unconstructive comments. Please fulfill the 4 steps above if you are not a troll yourself. Please reveal yourself, clone
Old 07-01-2017, 07:00 PM
Verified Member

I have a question here, is that if i were to apply for a new job what is the right thing to do?

1. I am unable to reveal that I did not work for 5 years. It would be worse if I were to tell them that I have met with a car accident and they would question my work abilities.

2. Should I just lie to them that during this 5 years, I am giving private tuition. But it does not help that most of them still brush this off as a zero experience activity.

Please advise what should I do
Old 07-01-2017, 07:03 PM
Verified Member

Quote:

2. PLEASE ALSO POST IT IN THE FORUM HERE WHICH OTHER TIMES HAVE I CHANGED MY USER NAME AND POSTED HERE JUST TO CLARIFY THINGS.

3. I AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE WITH YOU, BUT WOULD YOU PLEASE KINDLY USE YOUR REGISTERED ID TO POST HERE SO EVERYONE CAN VERIFY IF YOU ARE AND I AM THE CLONE

4. PLEASE POST HERE FOR THE EVIDENTIAL PROOF THAT THIS IS MY 4TH OR 5TH TIME POSTING HERE. YOU ARE MAKING THINGS UP OBVIOUSLY. PLEASE DO IT OR YOU HAVE TO STOP YOUR GROUNDLESS ACCUSATIONS.

It is no wonder many people claim that Singaporeans do not have a heart. There I am, having a genuine problem posting here to seek help. It is fine if you do not want to help, you can just move on and stop posting your unconstructive comments. Please fulfill the 4 steps above if you are not a troll yourself. Please reveal yourself, clone

Please understand that I do not have so much time to argue with you on who is a troll here when i have no itention trolling. I will like to put much better use to time to re-study my O level stuff which I am currently going to embark on tuition assignments.

thanks but no thanks

Old 07-01-2017, 07:06 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
to what extent have u recovered? why didn't u try giving private tuition again?
I would like to go for more stable jobs that allow me to start a family soon as I am an uncle to be for my old age
Old 08-01-2017, 01:31 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by angusmoo View Post

Please understand that I do not have so much time to argue with you on who is a troll here when i have no itention trolling. I will like to put much better use to time to re-study my O level stuff which I am currently going to embark on tuition assignments.

thanks but no thanks
://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/7602-33-year-old-helpless-please-advise.html#.WHElC1yJc7w

seems like you are still far from recovery.
Old 08-01-2017, 01:43 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/7602-33-year-old-helpless-please-advise.html#.whelc1yjc7w

seems like you are still far from recovery.
thanks i have read this.

But it seems this person and me are very different personalities, we ccome from the same school thats all, but very different work and jobs.

You can gloat at me all you want but ultimately in our last days of our lifes, i should be the more successful one as i borther to try, thanks for that sir.

Also you have mentioned i have posted this 4th or 5th time. Please post it in this forum where have i posted it for 4th or 5th time, if not, the troll is you.

Please use your registered account to talk and stop hiding behind unregistered id. Have balls:d
Old 08-01-2017, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

I am a different poster (first time on this thread). Don't have an account on this forum and thus lack the 'balls', as you put it, to post using one.

Just a quick note - if you are being sincere in your post (and you seem to be), and have no recollection of posting the earlier thread from Jul 2016 listing the (almost) exact same birth year / age, school history, job history and salary (both before and after accident); you might want to consider the possibility instead that you are suffering from some memory issues which might possibly impair your ability to perform at certain jobs as well.

This might be something to take into account in your job search.

That aside, why won't you consider a tuition centre job to a be a stable one? It seems to me that the market is very much thriving and (practically) recession-proof. Even an entry-level job in a centre would probably pay better than most of your recent positions.

If still considering teaching at pre-school level, I imagine that the MOE kindergartens might pay better; this is something I haven't looked into yet though. Perhaps you might want to explore that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angusmoo View Post
thanks i have read this.

But it seems this person and me are very different personalities, we ccome from the same school thats all, but very different work and jobs.

You can gloat at me all you want but ultimately in our last days of our lifes, i should be the more successful one as i borther to try, thanks for that sir.

Also you have mentioned i have posted this 4th or 5th time. Please post it in this forum where have i posted it for 4th or 5th time, if not, the troll is you.

Please use your registered account to talk and stop hiding behind unregistered id. Have balls:d

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app