Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

How much are you earning per annum?

Old 12-06-2016, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you need to buy a new car, go the car showrooms today. Go early as there will be crowds. COE prices are on an up trend. Buy with guaranteed COE.

Huat Ah !!!!!!!!
I booked an appointment with my favourite SE Mindy, she will be servicing me tomorrow when there is nobody around as most working class folks will be at work. No need to rush with the peasantry on weekends.

Old 12-06-2016, 11:03 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
I booked an appointment with my favourite SE Mindy, she will be servicing me tomorrow when there is nobody around as most working class folks will be at work. No need to rush with the peasantry on weekends.
What car you buying? Got special service?

Old 12-06-2016, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Are you the 50 yo retired high flyer who is enjoying retirement life?

Old 12-06-2016, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Are you the 50 yo retired high flyer who is enjoying retirement life?
On the contrary, I am the 35 year old high flyer who is enjoying working life. What is there to enjoy about retirement? A life without aim or purpose is no life at all. I feel sorry for the 50 year old "high flyer" who can only sit around on his sofa in his luxury condo all day with nothing to do. I wonder if he is simply waiting for his time to be up?

I will be purchasing a simple B&B car from Stuttgart. Crossovers are the latest trend so I will be getting the Macan. It is cheaper than the Cayenne yet perfect for my needs. Mindy will be letting me test drive tomorrow, hopefully it will be more than the car.
Old 13-06-2016, 07:45 AM
Unregistered

We are a very fortunate, blessed and contented middle class couple. We have good news to share with everyone - we are totally debt free! We cleared our home mortgage, car loan and personal loan! We are so happy!

We feel so blessed to be living in a beautifully decorated luxury condo in a good district in beautiful Singapore. In Singapore, you are among the lucky few if you own and live in a condo. More than that we also own a new car! And it's totally paid off!

We are in our 40s and we own both a condo and a car which are paid off. Not many families who own both condo and car in Singapore can achieve this. Many are still paying their condo mortgage and car loan.

Even though our combined household income is only $160k pa (low by this forum's standard), we are fortunate to be able to own a fully paid condo and a car. We enjoy the typical middle class lifestyle of eating at nice restaurants, shopping, going overseas holidays twice a year, etc.

We will save as best as we can and hope to retire in 10 years times at 55. We will use our savings to buy annuities for our retirement. Upon reaching 65, we will receive monthly payouts from our CPF Life. We are very happy, contented and feel so blessed. We do social volunteer work to help others in need.
Old 13-06-2016, 09:24 AM
Unregistered

hahahaha look at all the trolls. this thread is useless without pics.

Old 13-06-2016, 09:45 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
We are a very fortunate, blessed and contented middle class couple. We have good news to share with everyone - we are totally debt free! We cleared our home mortgage, car loan and personal loan! We are so happy!

We feel so blessed to be living in a beautifully decorated luxury condo in a good district in beautiful Singapore. In Singapore, you are among the lucky few if you own and live in a condo. More than that we also own a new car! And it's totally paid off!

We are in our 40s and we own both a condo and a car which are paid off. Not many families who own both condo and car in Singapore can achieve this. Many are still paying their condo mortgage and car loan.

Even though our combined household income is only $160k pa (low by this forum's standard), we are fortunate to be able to own a fully paid condo and a car. We enjoy the typical middle class lifestyle of eating at nice restaurants, shopping, going overseas holidays twice a year, etc.

We will save as best as we can and hope to retire in 10 years times at 55. We will use our savings to buy annuities for our retirement. Upon reaching 65, we will receive monthly payouts from our CPF Life. We are very happy, contented and feel so blessed. We do social volunteer work to help others in need.
Did you read this thread? Those with income above 150k are not supposed to post their details or you will be labelled as a YA YA PAPAYA. Please go back to your social work if you can't be a quiet observer here.
Old 13-06-2016, 11:12 AM
Unregistered

I was surprised this time around the 50 yo dude didnt reply to his own post to congratulate himself, to say that he inspired himself, to say that he was the most successful in this forum etc..

I guessed reality has sunk in that it was no fun sitting around at home aimlessly and having to depend on his wife for support. It is no joke when the passive income just about cover your expenses. With each passing year, the expenses can only go up while the passive income stays constant or even decrease.

Worse is that at 50, going back to work is near impossible. Maybe drive for Uber or grab.

Thats why for my buddies and I, even at 56, with passive income above $100k pa, we are still working. We recognised this period is the golden period for saving up for retirement. It really accelerates your savings rate!

Quote:
On the contrary, I am the 35 year old high flyer who is enjoying working life. What is there to enjoy about retirement? A life without aim or purpose is no life at all. I feel sorry for the 50 year old "high flyer" who can only sit around on his sofa in his luxury condo all day with nothing to do. I wonder if he is simply waiting for his time to be up?

I will be purchasing a simple B&B car from Stuttgart. Crossovers are the latest trend so I will be getting the Macan. It is cheaper than the Cayenne yet perfect for my needs. Mindy will be letting me test drive tomorrow, hopefully it will be more than the car.
Old 13-06-2016, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
I was surprised this time around the 50 yo dude didnt reply to his own post to congratulate himself, to say that he inspired himself, to say that he was the most successful in this forum etc..

I guessed reality has sunk in that it was no fun sitting around at home aimlessly and having to depend on his wife for support. It is no joke when the passive income just about cover your expenses. With each passing year, the expenses can only go up while the passive income stays constant or even decrease.

Worse is that at 50, going back to work is near impossible. Maybe drive for Uber or grab.

Thats why for my buddies and I, even at 56, with passive income above $100k pa, we are still working. We recognised this period is the golden period for saving up for retirement. It really accelerates your savings rate!

Care to share yr sources of passive income n how did u achieve it?
Old 13-06-2016, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

You are an inspiration to all. We should not be selfish with our 20-30 years of working and life experience. The 50s-60s are the golden age for us to give back to society and nurture our younger generation. We should not be like that selfish 50 year old dude who rather laze around at home and selfishly keep his knowledge to bring to the grave.