How much are you earning per annum? - Page 952 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

How much are you earning per annum?

Old 18-02-2016, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

Correction I ain't the typical ...... To me 50 is still v young in these day and age of medical advancement social family landscape

Old 18-02-2016, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

I just lost a 62 year old friend who retired 6 months ago to cancer only yesterday. And she did not even know she had it. It came as a shock to everyone. So what if you have money? Work so hard for the whole of your life (she wasnt treated well at work), only to end up on your death bed 6 months later? I havent gotten over the fact shes gone now.

Old 18-02-2016, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I just lost a 62 year old friend who retired 6 months ago to cancer only yesterday. And she did not even know she had it. It came as a shock to everyone. So what if you have money? Work so hard for the whole of your life (she wasnt treated well at work), only to end up on your death bed 6 months later? I havent gotten over the fact shes gone now.
Sorry to hear that. Life is unpredictable. Make the best use of your time to do good on this earth. If you are financially independent, you can retire and live life to the fullest. If you can afford it, travel the world and help others.

Old 18-02-2016, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

Default Life's Choices

We can all argue until the cow comes home. At the end of the day you make the decision alone regarding your life. You make the wrong choice, you suffer for it, and sometimes your family is dragged along with it. You make the right choice and you reap the rewards and your family gets to enjoy it.

Death can strike anyone at any time. Whether you are working, retired young and cycling in the park, or playing games. The right way to deal with death is to prepare for it. Quitting work young and withdrawing from society is not a solution.

If you are a family man, ensure you have sufficient savings and insurance cover for your loved ones. Make sure you have a will drawn up. If you don't enough savings for your family to continue living with dignity when you are gone, then you jolly well work! And work hard.

If your current job stresses you out, go and find a less stressful one, take a pay cut if necessary, but copping out totally? No!

One more thing, I know for a fact that as a working person, I looked forward and thoroughly enjoyed all the holidays and annual leave. But if you are not working, each and every day is the same. One year like that may be ok, but 30 to 50 years like that?
Old 18-02-2016, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

Not all engineer has lowest paying job. There are many engineers such as Liew Man Leong, etc as long as you are the best in the field.
Quote:
My advice to younger forumers here is to choose your course of study and careers carefully. Avoid low paying sectors and jobs, especially engineering. If you work in these low paying sectors, you will have to work until you're 65 or older.

Choose high paying sectors and careers which will allow you to earn a lot. Then invest wisely with your huge salaries. Be a top performer in these high paying sectors. You can become a multi millionaire, retire early and become your own boss.

I'm 50 and happily retired. No longer need to report every morning to some bossy bosses. LOL.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 18-02-2016, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

Don't worry.

For those retrenched ex-PMETs out there, such as ex-engineers and ex-bankers, do not be sad. Instead of worrying so much, you can just retire assuming you no longer have any dependents at age 55.

Good retirement plan in KL or Penang for a 55 years old retired couple.

Passive income
Rent out fully paid HDB flat S$2.5k pm or RM7.5k pm

KL or Penang cost of living
Rent a 2 bedroom condominium RM1.5k pm
Car expenses RM500 pm (assume buy used car in cash RM30k)
Food, groceries and utilities RM1.5k pm
Misc RM1k pm
Total spending RM4.5k pm
Savings RM3k pm

This retirement plan allows you to live in a condo and drive a car.

Your key retirement asset: HDB flat (we are very fortunate since we all get to buy cheap BTO HDB flats when we got married)

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app

Old 19-02-2016, 08:37 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Sad case.

My wife boss who is unmarried, died at age 42 due to breast cancer.
Has a condo and 2 Europe car. But no use.
Old 19-02-2016, 09:25 AM
Unregistered

Today is a blessed day. It is raining. Rain is a blessing.

As I look out the window, I feel blessed as I can afford to enjoy the morning, lying on my bed. I recalled my earlier days as a high flying corporate executive. Those days were crazy days, rushing early in the morning, stuck in traffic, rushing from one meeting to another, flying from one city to another, rain or shine.

But it was worth it as the hard work enables me to earn a fortune. I had plenty of cash to invest. My many years of investments paid off extremely well. I'm now happily retired, my passive income from investments easily sustains my family. They are enjoying a good life too - living in a nice condo, going overseas holidays, driven around in a car, enjoying good food at restaurants, etc.

As a multi millionaire, I'm still busy, busy managing and growing my wealth, busy pursuing the many interests I had no time for previously, busy taking good care of my family, busy spending time with my very old parents and busy volunteering at charities and non profit organisations. Life is more meaningful and fulfilling. I'm healthier and happier.

In life, you have to make tough choices. Choose the wrong career and you can be working all your life. There are many people who did not enjoy a single day of retirement. They died before they retired. That's sad.

Choose the right high paying career, work hard, be the best in your field and become a multi millionaire. You can then afford to retire early and enjoy a full life.
Old 19-02-2016, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Today is a blessed day. It is raining. Rain is a blessing.

As I look out the window, I feel blessed as I can afford to enjoy the morning, lying on my bed. I recalled my earlier days as a high flying corporate executive. Those days were crazy days, rushing early in the morning, stuck in traffic, rushing from one meeting to another, flying from one city to another, rain or shine.

But it was worth it as the hard work enables me to earn a fortune. I had plenty of cash to invest. My many years of investments paid off extremely well. I'm now happily retired, my passive income from investments easily sustains my family. They are enjoying a good life too - living in a nice condo, going overseas holidays, driven around in a car, enjoying good food at restaurants, etc.

As a multi millionaire, I'm still busy, busy managing and growing my wealth, busy pursuing the many interests I had no time for previously, busy taking good care of my family, busy spending time with my very old parents and busy volunteering at charities and non profit organisations. Life is more meaningful and fulfilling. I'm healthier and happier.

In life, you have to make tough choices. Choose the wrong career and you can be working all your life. There are many people who did not enjoy a single day of retirement. They died before they retired. That's sad.

Choose the right high paying career, work hard, be the best in your field and become a multi millionaire. You can then afford to retire early and enjoy a full life.
i smell bullsh*t
Old 19-02-2016, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Death can strike anyone at any time. Whether you are working, retired young and cycling in the park, or playing games. The right way to deal with death is to prepare for it. Quitting work young and withdrawing from society is not a solution.

If your current job stresses you out, go and find a less stressful one, take a pay cut if necessary, but copping out totally?
Less stressful work yet with guarantee reasonable retirement life... Rarely happen to Singapore common folks.

Since death strike anyone anytime, common sense to retire early if possible.