Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

How much are you earning per annum?

Old 04-12-2015, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I agree with most of the points here, but why not job hop? Job hop provides the most % increment, even with promotion, its quite little.
Apologies for the spelling error "hob" vs "hop".

Most employers will not even want to interview candidates who have jumped around several times in the past 3-5 years. Most prefer candidates who are stable and loyal? When you stay at a place for a long time, you gave interviewers the impression that you are a proven employee in your last job, through good and bad times.

You can choose to disagree and do the hop in the next few years. Good luck!

Old 05-12-2015, 10:32 AM
Unregistered

Default Millionaire Households and Individuals

Interesting facts extracted from 2014 news articles:

Individual Millionaires
This article was first published in TODAY on 23 January 2014.
"Are you a high-net-worth individual? Going by the definition of Capgemini and RBC’s joint publication, World Wealth Report 2013, a high-net-worth individual is someone with investable assets of US$1m or more (excluding their principal residence, collectibles, consumables and consumer durables). This is split further into three bands: your millionaire next door (US$1 to US$5m), the mid-tier millionaire (US$5m to US$30m) and the ultra-high-net-worth individuals (US$30m or more). It was reported in The Straits Times on 20 June 2013 that new numbers showed that Singapore had 101,000 millionaires by the end of 2012.

According to the Singapore tax authorities’ annual report for 2012/2013, there were 4,220 resident and 34 non-resident taxpayers earning taxable income of S$1m or more for the 2012 tax year"

Houehold Millionaires

Just how Wealthy are Singaporean Households? 20 February 2014
"It is commonly quoted that Singapore has the most millionaires per capita in the world. Depending on which report we use, there are about 160,000 households (Wealth-X) who have USD$1M in investible assets or more. This is net of debt and excludes the primary residence. In total, there are 1.16M or so households resident in Singapore." In 2012, there are thus 17% of households which are millionaire households.

To sum up the 2 reports:

In 2012, Singapore has 101,000 individual millionaires and 160,000 household millionaires. To qualify, their networth of USD1M are not to include their principal residence, collectibles, consumables and consumer durables. It is important to note the individual millionaires are not necessary subsets of the HH millionaires, as some of the individuals may not form households.

So far in this forum, there seems to be 3 forummers who "qualify" to be called millionaires:
1. The 40+ yr old married man with no kids but with passive income of $250K-$400k
2. The mid 50 man with HH networth of $5.8M
3. The early 50 man who called himself uncle M

What about the rest?

Old 05-12-2015, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

I'm in my late 40s, a retired millionaire. I own a paid up 3 bedroom condo, located at a short drive to the city. I drive a new car. Happy to be debt free. My income covers more than expenses. My passive income comes mainly from my portfolio of investments.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:56 PM
Unregistered_101

Hah why am I not surprised, 5 mins of your time to back YOUR OWN words is something you can't do? Lets make it easy for you one more chance to prove you're not a pussy (this task no editing needed). Log into your tax portal and click on the below and show me where on that screen does it say IC number and NAV as per your claim below. (2nd chance to back your own words)

- View My Property Portfolio/Change mailing address

The only titles I can see are Property Description, Property Tax Reference Number, Annual Value, Tax Balance. (Hint: Annual value is not NAV, its annual value of estimated rental income)

Or maybe your some super high net-worth chap got more details than the average man

Quote:
You have covered at last 50% of the IRAS statement, with no name from IC to cross-reference to. No details of properties and no NAV shown. With 1 line or 11 lines, they are so easy to replicate across. I will do that if I want to prove a point to you, but not going to waste my time on a blithering fool like your good self. You are not worth 5 min of my life.

I'll give you the benefit of doubt and assume you're not either Mr superiority or the Mr Pussy until proven otherwise.

Firstly I have no desire to be treated seriously on this thread anyway, I come here to poke fun at people with inflated egos or just a have a good laugh

Secondly my initial exchanges with anyone usually starts off civil playing along on their fantasy world about making their cash. However once I post evidence which they can't seem to prove as fake they start calling calling you dense and what not. They are Pussies lah through and through. Maybe you're very civil about treating cowards who accuse you with no evidence but I am not. If I were that easy how to make money?

Btw explain me this who do you want exactly to treat you seriously? Would it be the Unregistered guy who posted the day before or the Unregistered guy that posted this morning or the Unregistered guy that posted this evening?

IMO anyone who wants to be treated seriously on this thread is a IMH patient so I hope for your sake you're not one of them.

Quote:
You are using "major tosser", "insignificant speck", "dufus", "prissy gu niang" and "pure Pussy" here in this forum.. people would not treat you seriously, even if you claimed you have 1 million properties.

Personally, I see you as a IMH patient who has access to internet.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:07 AM
Unregistered

Yaaawn.

Knowing a few computer tricks will not qualify you as a millionaire. Grow up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered_101 View Post
Hah why am I not surprised, 5 mins of your time to back YOUR OWN words is something you can't do? Lets make it easy for you one more chance to prove you're not a pussy (this task no editing needed). Log into your tax portal and click on the below and show me where on that screen does it say IC number and NAV as per your claim below. (2nd chance to back your own words)

- View My Property Portfolio/Change mailing address

The only titles I can see are Property Description, Property Tax Reference Number, Annual Value, Tax Balance. (Hint: Annual value is not NAV, its annual value of estimated rental income)

Or maybe your some super high net-worth chap got more details than the average man

I'll give you the benefit of doubt and assume you're not either Mr superiority or the Mr Pussy until proven otherwise.

Firstly I have no desire to be treated seriously on this thread anyway, I come here to poke fun at people with inflated egos or just a have a good laugh

Secondly my initial exchanges with anyone usually starts off civil playing along on their fantasy world about making their cash. However once I post evidence which they can't seem to prove as fake they start calling calling you dense and what not. They are Pussies lah through and through. Maybe you're very civil about treating cowards who accuse you with no evidence but I am not. If I were that easy how to make money?

Btw explain me this who do you want exactly to treat you seriously? Would it be the Unregistered guy who posted the day before or the Unregistered guy that posted this morning or the Unregistered guy that posted this evening?

IMO anyone who wants to be treated seriously on this thread is a IMH patient so I hope for your sake you're not one of them.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:10 AM
Unregistered

You should not have responded to the IMH escapee. It will encourage him further.

Quote:
Yaaawn.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:33 AM
Unregistered_101

I never claimed I was a millionaire......

Quote:
Yaaawn.

Old 06-12-2015, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

Alamak, so there were only 3 bonafide millionaires here and all the rest were wannabes, pretenders and computer cheats. All with bags full of hot air and sh*t

Quote:
Interesting facts extracted from 2014 news articles:

Individual Millionaires
This article was first published in TODAY on 23 January 2014.
"Are you a high-net-worth individual? Going by the definition of Capgemini and RBC’s joint publication, World Wealth Report 2013, a high-net-worth individual is someone with investable assets of US$1m or more (excluding their principal residence, collectibles, consumables and consumer durables). This is split further into three bands: your millionaire next door (US$1 to US$5m), the mid-tier millionaire (US$5m to US$30m) and the ultra-high-net-worth individuals (US$30m or more). It was reported in The Straits Times on 20 June 2013 that new numbers showed that Singapore had 101,000 millionaires by the end of 2012.

According to the Singapore tax authorities’ annual report for 2012/2013, there were 4,220 resident and 34 non-resident taxpayers earning taxable income of S$1m or more for the 2012 tax year"

Houehold Millionaires

Just how Wealthy are Singaporean Households? 20 February 2014
"It is commonly quoted that Singapore has the most millionaires per capita in the world. Depending on which report we use, there are about 160,000 households (Wealth-X) who have USD$1M in investible assets or more. This is net of debt and excludes the primary residence. In total, there are 1.16M or so households resident in Singapore." In 2012, there are thus 17% of households which are millionaire households.

To sum up the 2 reports:

In 2012, Singapore has 101,000 individual millionaires and 160,000 household millionaires. To qualify, their networth of USD1M are not to include their principal residence, collectibles, consumables and consumer durables. It is important to note the individual millionaires are not necessary subsets of the HH millionaires, as some of the individuals may not form households.

So far in this forum, there seems to be 3 forummers who "qualify" to be called millionaires:
1. The 40+ yr old married man with no kids but with passive income of $250K-$400k
2. The mid 50 man with HH networth of $5.8M
3. The early 50 man who called himself uncle M

What about the rest?
Old 06-12-2015, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I'm in my late 40s, a retired millionaire. I own a paid up 3 bedroom condo, located at a short drive to the city. I drive a new car. Happy to be debt free. My income covers more than expenses. My passive income comes mainly from my portfolio of investments.
Welcome to the millionaire club, sir. You are the most successful among us as you are already retired and you no longer have any debt. Many of us are still working in our 50s as we can't afford to retire so early as our passive income is not enough. You're our role model, sir.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:29 PM
Unregistered-working hard

Default Hard Working Couple

Both myself and wife are 37 years old, both are employees with combined annual income S$190k (12 mth salary).
Staying in a fully paid up 5 room HDB (now worth around $650k)
Own a condo and rent out to earn monthly rental income of $3.5k (valued at around $1.5mil, outstanding loan $1mil)
Combined CPF balance (OA) and cash savings $180k
Have two children still in pre-school - monthly expenses $2.6k
Parents monthly allowance - $2k
Monthly insurance premiums - $1.5k
Monthly combined savings - $5.6k
Any Variable bonuses will be saved for rainy days and children's university

We don't own a car and seldom eat in restaurants unless with parents and children. We both come from humble families and understand the importance of saving $$, we don't own any shares/bonds.

Are we doing fine? Appreciate any advice on safe investings tips.