How much are you earning per annum? - Page 588 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

How much are you earning per annum?

Old 09-11-2014, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

43 & 45, middle class working professionals with two primary school kids.
Combined income, $260k pa.
Condo worth $1m, mortgage $800k.
Expenses, $200k pa, includes mortgage payment, conti car loan payment, maid costs, tuition and enrichment for kids, holidays to europe or anz twice a year, dining at high end restaurants, groceries and utilities, parents' allowances, etc.
Savings, $60k pa.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

39 living in Thailand with Thai wife and 2 children studying at international school, wife is not working.

Sg stocks dividends about $121k+ per annum.

Thai stocks dividends about 2 mil+ thai baht per annum.

I own 2 condos in Bangkok, one we stay, one I rent out, rental income around 20 to 30k baht depending on demand.

I also own a condo in Singapore, rent out to expat family, one month 3.5k.

I run a small tourist business in Bangkok, monthly profit between 70 to 120k baht.

I also run a car rental business, monthly profit 70 to 90k baht.

I also own several cars mostly fully paid, personally I drive a 4 door isuzu dmax highlander for work, during leisure I drive a mazda 3, my wife has a mini cooper to travel around when I'm at work.

My wife also has about 100 rai land growing a few types of crops for exporting to neighbouring countries, annual revenue is around 1 to 1.2 mil baht, not much though.

I also currently have about 5.5mil thai baht in a thai bank, the interest rate is good compared to singapore, my sg dollars are mainly in stocks.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

Hi

My wife and I are thinking of retiring in Chiang Mai. We can get a passive income of S$3k per month by renting out whole unit of our HDB flat. Is it true that a retired couple can retire comfortably in Chiang Mai with S$2k per month? I understand that it is quite cheap to rent a condo in Chiang Mai. Are there many Singaporeans retired in Chiang Mai? Hope to hear from you. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
39 living in Thailand with Thai wife and 2 children studying at international school, wife is not working.

Sg stocks dividends about $121k+ per annum.

Thai stocks dividends about 2 mil+ thai baht per annum.

I own 2 condos in Bangkok, one we stay, one I rent out, rental income around 20 to 30k baht depending on demand.

I also own a condo in Singapore, rent out to expat family, one month 3.5k.

I run a small tourist business in Bangkok, monthly profit between 70 to 120k baht.

I also run a car rental business, monthly profit 70 to 90k baht.

I also own several cars mostly fully paid, personally I drive a 4 door isuzu dmax highlander for work, during leisure I drive a mazda 3, my wife has a mini cooper to travel around when I'm at work.

My wife also has about 100 rai land growing a few types of crops for exporting to neighbouring countries, annual revenue is around 1 to 1.2 mil baht, not much though.

I also currently have about 5.5mil thai baht in a thai bank, the interest rate is good compared to singapore, my sg dollars are mainly in stocks.

Old 09-11-2014, 11:05 PM

reggaez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi

My wife and I are thinking of retiring in Chiang Mai. We can get a passive income of S$3k per month by renting out whole unit of our HDB flat. Is it true that a retired couple can retire comfortably in Chiang Mai with S$2k per month? I understand that it is quite cheap to rent a condo in Chiang Mai. Are there many Singaporeans retired in Chiang Mai? Hope to hear from you. Thanks.
SGD 2K = 50k Baht

this 50k for daily expenses for a retired couple should be enough (depends on your lifestyle though)

i am also married with thai wife but we are staying in singapore at least till my son finishes his education

we have already bought a small condo at bangkok for 1.5 Million Baht (60K SGD) as a vacation/retirement home

currently i am the sole breadwinner earning ~50K SGD per annum. to be honest our finances can be tight especially when my son falls sick.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:58 AM
Unregistered

Thanks for sharing.
I discovered that you can rent a one bedroom condo in CM for S$200 pm.
Monthly salary in CM is about S$400 pm so a household earns about S$800 pm.
I'm sure our S$2k pm passive income goes a long way in CM.
We are thinking of moving from one city to another in Thailand.
After staying in CM for one year, we may then move to Phuket, Chiang Rai, Koh Samui, etc.
After Thailand, we can then live in Vietnam.
Basically, we will be explorers while we are still young.
Once we reach 75 and become weak, we can then go back to Singapore.
We then will retire with our CPF Life plus rental income from renting our two spare rooms.
Our kids may also give us a monthly allowance.
We are currently 58, 57 years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggaez View Post
SGD 2K = 50k Baht

this 50k for daily expenses for a retired couple should be enough (depends on your lifestyle though)

i am also married with thai wife but we are staying in singapore at least till my son finishes his education

we have already bought a small condo at bangkok for 1.5 Million Baht (60K SGD) as a vacation/retirement home

currently i am the sole breadwinner earning ~50K SGD per annum. to be honest our finances can be tight especially when my son falls sick.
Old 10-11-2014, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Thanks for sharing.
I discovered that you can rent a one bedroom condo in CM for S$200 pm.
Monthly salary in CM is about S$400 pm so a household earns about S$800 pm.
I'm sure our S$2k pm passive income goes a long way in CM.
We are thinking of moving from one city to another in Thailand.
After staying in CM for one year, we may then move to Phuket, Chiang Rai, Koh Samui, etc.
After Thailand, we can then live in Vietnam.
Basically, we will be explorers while we are still young.
Once we reach 75 and become weak, we can then go back to Singapore.
We then will retire with our CPF Life plus rental income from renting our two spare rooms.
Our kids may also give us a monthly allowance.
We are currently 58, 57 years old.
If you rent out your HDB and retire overseas, where will you keep your stuff accummulated over the years? Are you going to dispose of most of the stuff, or move them overseas? I ask this because I'm also exploring the option of retiring oversesa by renting out my apartment. But I've not found a solution with regard to where to keep my stuff.

Old 10-11-2014, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
If you rent out your HDB and retire overseas, where will you keep your stuff accummulated over the years? Are you going to dispose of most of the stuff, or move them overseas? I ask this because I'm also exploring the option of retiring oversesa by renting out my apartment. But I've not found a solution with regard to where to keep my stuff.
I will be renting out my flat fully furnished so I don't need to dispose my furnitures. As for my clothings, etc, I will bring them along overseas. Anyway, I plan to throw away all the clutter and unnecessary stuff, the good ones can be donated away. I don't see this as a big issue at all. There are also companies that offer storage solutions of your things if you really need.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

Thanks for sharing I'm living in China with chinese wife.

I'm a pimp and I own 2 brothels in Beijing, passive income around 50 to 80k rmb per month.

I also own a condo in Beijing, rent out to expat family, one month 3.5k.

I run a small tourist scamming business in Beijing, monthly profit between 50 to 80k rmb.

I also run a kiddie ride rental business, monthly profit 70 to 90k rmb.

I also own several bicycles mostly fully paid, personally I ride a trishaw for work, during leisure I cycle a mountain bike, my wife has a bicycle to travel around when I'm at work.

My wife also has over 100 kidnapped slaves for exporting to neighbouring countries, annual revenue is around 1 to 1.2 mil rmb, not much though.

I also currently have about 5.5mil rmb in a China bank, the interest rate is good compared to singapore, my sg dollars are mainly in stocks.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:01 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
I will be renting out my flat fully furnished so I don't need to dispose my furnitures. As for my clothings, etc, I will bring them along overseas. Anyway, I plan to throw away all the clutter and unnecessary stuff, the good ones can be donated away. I don't see this as a big issue at all. There are also companies that offer storage solutions of your things if you really need.
I'm 55 and planning to retire overseas next year. My condo is paid up and I am able to rent it out for S$5k pm (RM12k pm) as it is located in a good location. I will be retiring in Penang next year and expected to spend in total RM6k pm, inclusive of condo rental, car expenses, food, utilities, entertainment, etc. I will save RM6k pm. When I reach 65, I will get an additional S$1.2k pm (RM3k pm) from my CPF Life monthly payout, so I can then save RM9k pm (RM108k pa) when I reach 65. I can use part of the annual savings to travel the world.
Old 11-11-2014, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

Default People with unsound mind

Quote:
I'm 55 and planning to retire overseas next year. My condo is paid up and I am able to rent it out for S$5k pm (RM12k pm) as it is located in a good location. I will be retiring in Penang next year and expected to spend in total RM6k pm, inclusive of condo rental, car expenses, food, utilities, entertainment, etc. I will save RM6k pm. When I reach 65, I will get an additional S$1.2k pm (RM3k pm) from my CPF Life monthly payout, so I can then save RM9k pm (RM108k pa) when I reach 65. I can use part of the annual savings to travel the world.
You think S'pore condo made of gold?
Penang condo made of dirt?
You should be ok with 5k in S'pore. Expect to have quality life with RM 6k in Penang inclusive of condo rent? Must be dreaming!