Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

How much are you earning per annum?

Old 14-09-2014, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

So rude and arrogant, life will teach you a lesson one day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes please go to some third world and help the poor, make sure there is no internet so we don't have to hear your bla bla bla anymore

You will be a king there, everyone will kowtow do you and treat you like a messiah. this will be an experience that your office never gave you because you yourself are a judgmental and arrogant prick.

Now take the first flight out, take MAS please they also in need of charity, actually go Ukraine or something they need some real help there.

Now vamoosh b*tch

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 14-09-2014, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

What does that even mean anyway lol, why don't you put down here what lessons you like life to teach me.

You're the only arrogant person putting down everyone not meeting your ideal, damn commie.

Go buzz off, today Sunday best time to do your charity work.

Quote:
So rude and arrogant, life will teach you a lesson one day

Old 15-09-2014, 05:14 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnkngn View Post
Hello all,

new to the forum, seems like a great source of information!

Reason for joining the forum and posting in this thread is that I have a job offer on the table that would require me to relocate to Singapore.

I need a rough idea of compensation per annum for my potential new job (I believe this is the correct thread to ask this question, if not, pls let me know what other thread I should post this under, thx!).

Background information:

- 33 years old, German national, single, no kids
- been working for this stock exchange listed German engineering company for 8 years, 6 years in North America as a product manager, 2 years based in Germany as export sales manager responsible for Asian (SEA & China & Japan & Korea) market
- already familiar with local Singapore based staff and general company situation due to current job

Potential new job is MD for sales, heading the company together with MD Finance.
Singapore office is centralized office for SEA market, existing satellite offices in KL, Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh, Taipeh, Jakarta with staff between 5-10 ppl each, total shared responsibility of about 40 staff.
Mostly responsible for managing sales staff in above mentioned offices, very frequent travel (minimum 2 out of 4 weeks in a month on the road) within SEA required.

What would be an adequate salary to ask for considering above mentioned points?
If you need more information than provided above to give a suggestion, please let me know.

Thanks for any feedback!
Take your EUR salary x 1.7 then add 30% uplift. As MD, you should be in > S$300,000 p.a. range.

Old 15-09-2014, 08:36 AM
Unregistered

Talking

It is funny when 2 unregistered posters fight each other .... And a 3rd one pokes fun about it.
So who am I? Am I really a third fellow or am I one of the 2 posters?

Perhaps the first 2 posters are the same guy, Jekyll and Hyde or am I the one who is .....

If want to fight, register and leave behind contacts e
In each other's post...
Old 15-09-2014, 09:29 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
It is funny when 2 unregistered posters fight each other .... And a 3rd one pokes fun about it.
So who am I? Am I really a third fellow or am I one of the 2 posters?

Perhaps the first 2 posters are the same guy, Jekyll and Hyde or am I the one who is .....

If want to fight, register and leave behind contacts e
In each other's post...
This thread provides me comic relief when I read the posts. I think all these posters are just some unemployed youngsters dreaming their fantasies. The guy who claims to earn $700k pa and the old man who said he is worth $5m are just fictitious characters. Just know that the real person is what in the statistics. The household median income is $7.8k pm so the median income is $3.9k pm so if you are earning $3.9k pm, be happy. You are doing ok, not too high and not too low. The typical Singaporean lives in a 4 room HDB flat, so if you live in one, you are perfectly ok. If you are living in a condo, then you are top of your class.
Old 15-09-2014, 09:30 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Take your EUR salary x 1.7 then add 30% uplift. As MD, you should be in > S$300,000 p.a. range.
Too little. Someone here claims he earns $700k pa and he is not even in senior management.

Old 15-09-2014, 10:39 AM
Verified Member

ks55 is on a distinguished road
Default Correct way of assessing financial independence when you retire

From what I observed in this forum, many tend to use the term how much they earn, how much they save, how much net asset worth now etc.

Financial independence when you retire does not take into consideration all these things. Mike Tyson may earn millions in a single fight, that doesn't make him live comfortably in later part of his life.

Many stated in this forum their net worth is more than 1.0m. Look carefully, the 1.0m comprises mainly of condo at present value 1.5m less 600k loan outstanding. Other assets presumably comprise of cash, share, car, and CPF saving.

Please take note property price may go up and down. Property needs maintenance, need to pay taxes and insurance.

To achieve financial independence means that you can live with the quality of life similar to what you have while in full employment. Need not think thrice to spend extra few dollar here and there. Able to replace household items and mode of transport when necessary. Up keep and house maintenance as usual.

Simple test whether you have achieve financial independence will be :

1. You have a mortgage-free home.
2. If you have cash asset equivalent to 100 times last draw monthly gross pay (i.e before tax, CPF contribution, or what ever deduction).
3. If you can generate 65% replacement income from your nest eggs.
4. If you are paying 20% income tax at the time of retirement.
5. If you have been saving in what ever form (or commitment) at 15% of your last drawn gross pay and nil when retire.
6. If you can earn 10% ROI pa on your nest eggs consistently.
7. If inflation does not exceed 4% pa.
8. If you only spend up to the replacement income every year (already inclusive of 4% inflation per year);
9. If you do not intend to leave anything to your children other than the house you are staying.
10. If you do not live longer than 79 years (4 year longer than life expectancy right now).

So, when you already achieved the above criteria, regardless of your age (age 40, 50, 60 up to you), you should be able to live the same quality of life at the time of your retirement.

Note: Cash asset to include CPF, cash, FD, share, bonds, unit trusts, second house that can generate income. By no means contribution from children to be included.
Old 15-09-2014, 10:50 AM
Verified Member

Default Clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks55 View Post
From what I observed in this forum, many tend to use the term how much they earn, how much they save, how much net asset worth now etc.

Financial independence when you retire does not take into consideration all these things. Mike Tyson may earn millions in a single fight, that doesn't make him live comfortably in later part of his life.

Many stated in this forum their net worth is more than 1.0m. Look carefully, the 1.0m comprises mainly of condo at present value 1.5m less 600k loan outstanding. Other assets presumably comprise of cash, share, car, and CPF saving.

Please take note property price may go up and down. Property needs maintenance, need to pay taxes and insurance.

To achieve financial independence means that you can live with the quality of life similar to what you have while in full employment. Need not think thrice to spend extra few dollar here and there. Able to replace household items and mode of transport when necessary. Up keep and house maintenance as usual.

Simple test whether you have achieve financial independence will be :

1. You have a mortgage-free home.
2. If you have cash asset equivalent to 100 times last draw monthly gross pay (i.e before tax, CPF contribution, or what ever deduction).
3. If you can generate 65% replacement income from your nest eggs.
4. If you are paying 20% income tax at the time of retirement.
5. If you have been saving in what ever form (or commitment) at 15% of your last drawn gross pay and nil when retire.
6. If you can earn 10% ROI pa on your nest eggs consistently.
7. If inflation does not exceed 4% pa.
8. If you only spend up to the replacement income every year (already inclusive of 4% inflation per year);
9. If you do not intend to leave anything to your children other than the house you are staying.
10. If you do not live longer than 79 years (4 year longer than life expectancy right now).

So, when you already achieved the above criteria, regardless of your age (age 40, 50, 60 up to you), you should be able to live the same quality of life at the time of your retirement.

Note: Cash asset to include CPF, cash, FD, share, bonds, unit trusts, second house that can generate income. By no means contribution from children to be included.
1. If you are not paying 20% tax, say 10%, replacement income to be 75%.
2. If you are still having commitment, eg children's education, maintenance of aged parents, then these criteria do not apply.
Old 15-09-2014, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks55 View Post
1. If you are not paying 20% tax, say 10%, replacement income to be 75%.
2. If you are still having commitment, eg children's education, maintenance of aged parents, then these criteria do not apply.
This is stupid people thinking. The way to retire well is to retire somewhere cheaper. So many people are now retired in Malaysia. They have a paid up flat and now renting them out at $3k pm. They also have passive income of $2k pm from dividends, CPF, etc. So they get $5k pm or RM12.5k pm. They rent a nice condo in KL for RM2k pm and spends RM5k pm for food, car, utilities, holidays, etc and can save the rest. No need to think too much.
Old 15-09-2014, 03:25 PM
Verified Member

Default Now you have a bright idea

Quote:
This is stupid people thinking. The way to retire well is to retire somewhere cheaper. So many people are now retired in Malaysia. They have a paid up flat and now renting them out at $3k pm. They also have passive income of $2k pm from dividends, CPF, etc. So they get $5k pm or RM12.5k pm. They rent a nice condo in KL for RM2k pm and spends RM5k pm for food, car, utilities, holidays, etc and can save the rest. No need to think too much.
Everybody should say a big thank you to the Singapore Government!
Singaporean must be the most pampered child on earth to have a farsighted and forward looking policies by PAP government.

Yes! You are absolutely right! Relocation to a lesser place to stay is one option where Japanese old folk has been doing for so long.

By selling your fully paid HDB flat, coupled with CPF annuity, you may be qualify to participate in MM2H.

Otherwise you should consider lesser place like Philippines, Cambodia, Indonesia, India or Bangladesh that will require lesser budget still.

If you save a little bit more, why not you relocate to a better world like Switzerland, Austria, NZ, Australia, Canada or US ? Think about it.