How much are you earning per annum? - Page 512 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

How much are you earning per annum?

Old 19-08-2014, 02:10 AM
Unregistered

Simply by the things you say, some bs about neighbors being miles away, I know pretty much where you've been. Or rather, have NEVER been. Brainwashed, third-world, ghetto microstate frog in the well with no concept of personal space and privacy - long a luxury of the first world. How are you different from the Banglas packed in the trains and hanging off the rails in India? The answer is you aren't.

Old 19-08-2014, 02:18 AM
Unregistered

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I believe soon enough you will want to go back to Singapore, because it's home. We will see.
I myself have been living abroad in US, Europe, Australia and other part of Asia. I understand exactly what you mean. Im fact, my family owned what you have mentioned, but i still feel city living in Singapore is the best for me.
Which cities did you live in? If you really lived in all these places, you wouldn't say "city living in Singapore" and thought it's a contrast. In normal countries, people live in what's called metro areas where there's a anchor city and then suburbs surrounding it, forming a metropolitan area. When I lived overseas I never lived more than 20 minutes from downtown. The population of the major metro areas in big countries are not low. That's a Singa bumpkin misconception. The population is big everywhere, what's the difference is over what land area population is spread. Singapore has no freaking metro area because it's that hilariously tiny, it's not even the size of one metro area (city and suburbs) of big countries. Lol. While other countries have over 100 metro areas to choose from.

Singapore the microstate should be the last to talk about population and pretend it's a big superpower kind of population like China or USA. Singapore the microstate has one of the lowest tiniest population in the world. Lol

Old 19-08-2014, 07:39 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

One thing I don't agree is expecting to get allowance from the children. The children will face increasing competition for jobs in an open and globalised world. Our neighbouring countries have many young, eager and increasingly better educated workers hungry and willing to work for less! Our children will probably earn less, have higher housing loans and have their own families to take care of.
A shocking statement....

I had given every dollar to my children, providing them expensive holidays, car, home, food and school...

If my business fail one day, and I will be running into some financial difficulties, so ended with not enough money to retire properly... but I shouldn't ask them to help???? or should I turn to loan shark???

Did you mean I am not working in an open and globalised world now, also facing competition for foreign companies????

孝。。。is gone, the parents gave it away....no the children fault

Old 19-08-2014, 07:48 AM
Unregistered

Study in Boston (nice place to live but not much career progression)
Work in London (too crowded for me)
Few families in Perth (too laid back i guess)
Work in South East Asia before coming to Singapore (Not too safe, crowded and jammed too)

I choose Singapore because of this is where my friends and my family (wife) are
I understand your points about Singapore being microstate. you can just earn money in Singapore and take a vacation few times a year oversea if you want.
Being too cynical about Singapore while you are earning money from it is kinda disrespect i feel.

Quote:
Which cities did you live in? If you really lived in all these places, you wouldn't say "city living in Singapore" and thought it's a contrast. In normal countries, people live in what's called metro areas where there's a anchor city and then suburbs surrounding it, forming a metropolitan area. When I lived overseas I never lived more than 20 minutes from downtown. The population of the major metro areas in big countries are not low. That's a Singa bumpkin misconception. The population is big everywhere, what's the difference is over what land area population is spread. Singapore has no freaking metro area because it's that hilariously tiny, it's not even the size of one metro area (city and suburbs) of big countries. Lol. While other countries have over 100 metro areas to choose from.

Singapore the microstate should be the last to talk about population and pretend it's a big superpower kind of population like China or USA. Singapore the microstate has one of the lowest tiniest population in the world. Lol
Old 19-08-2014, 08:59 AM
Unregistered

You can argue as much as you like, but the reality is owning and living in a condo in Singapore is one of the most coveted 5Cs. Only those who can't make it will try to justify otherwise until "the cow come home".

Only 15% of Singapore residents live in condos or landed. If 5% stays in landed, then only 10% of Singapore residents live in condos. So, if you are among the 15%, you are in the top 15% of Singapore society. This is a FACT. Period.
Old 19-08-2014, 12:06 PM
Millionaire Member

Hermit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I choose Singapore because of this is where my friends and my family (wife) are
I understand your points about Singapore being microstate. you can just earn money in Singapore and take a vacation few times a year oversea if you want.
Being too cynical about Singapore while you are earning money from it is kinda disrespect i feel.
Good honest reply, mate.

Everyone is entitled to vote with their feet - lots of flights out of Changi everyday to escape our microstate.

But while we are making a living here, let us try to be civil.

Old 19-08-2014, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
You can argue as much as you like, but the reality is owning and living in a condo in Singapore is one of the most coveted 5Cs. Only those who can't make it will try to justify otherwise until "the cow come home".

Only 15% of Singapore residents live in condos or landed. If 5% stays in landed, then only 10% of Singapore residents live in condos. So, if you are among the 15%, you are in the top 15% of Singapore society. This is a FACT. Period.
I don't think he's ever disputed the figures. All that's said is if your condo is a mass market unit that you took a loan out for, you have no bragging rights because it's damn common. Its like somebody bragging about carrying a Bonia bag. That's how funny you look. You should be relieved you're posting these Sia suay things anonymously. You'd get laughed in the face. Either that or you must mix with mostly heartlanders, unworldly people as your colleagues and friends. And people who had never lived in a developed country. Never got to study overseas, went to Ching Boon Sec and NTU. Etc. Everybody I know stays in a condo now. Including those whom I considered poor when we compared salaries in our early 30s (they made half of what our top earning friends did), and even they bought a condo in their late 30s or early 40s.

If you buy your condo with a 80% mortgage, you're definitely not rich compared to somebody who buys their resale flat in cash. Thats all there is to it. No need to argue. It's how much money you have. That's all. No need to talk cock. This is salary.sg, ($$$$$) not wannabe.sg or Bonia.appearances.sg

I know a couple who paid for their retirement executive flat in cash of over $700k after their old condo went en bloc. They're my parents. And I know taxi driver who lives in condo. My neighbour now. There are many condos than cost more than landed. And there are still people who are "gian" for "landed". Just part of the aspirant thing which looks desperate and sad compared to first world people. There are many poor people in condos with low incomes taking 80 per cent loans. It's obvious you're one of them.
Old 19-08-2014, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up

Quote:
I don't think he's ever disputed the figures. All that's said is if your condo is a mass market unit that you took a loan out for, you have no bragging rights because it's damn common. Its like somebody bragging about carrying a Bonia bag. That's how funny you look. You should be relieved you're posting these Sia suay things anonymously. You'd get laughed in the face. Either that or you must mix with mostly heartlanders, unworldly people as your colleagues and friends. And people who had never lived in a developed country. Never got to study overseas, went to Ching Boon Sec and NTU. Etc. Everybody I know stays in a condo now. Including those whom I considered poor when we compared salaries in our early 30s (they made half of what our top earning friends did), and even they bought a condo in their late 30s or early 40s.

If you buy your condo with a 80% mortgage, you're definitely not rich compared to somebody who buys their resale flat in cash. Thats all there is to it. No need to argue. It's how much money you have. That's all. No need to talk cock. This is salary.sg, ($$$$$) not wannabe.sg or Bonia.appearances.sg

I know a couple who paid for their retirement executive flat in cash of over $700k after their old condo went en bloc. They're my parents. And I know taxi driver who lives in condo. My neighbour now. There are many condos than cost more than landed. And there are still people who are "gian" for "landed". Just part of the aspirant thing which looks desperate and sad compared to first world people. There are many poor people in condos with low incomes taking 80 per cent loans. It's obvious you're one of them.
Clap clap... thank for whacking that condo fellow hard....an insane fellow.... condo is so common nowadays, don't mean much at all...
Old 19-08-2014, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

I knew some friends who spent so much to repay his condo loan, till no much money to spend on simple restaurant, Car and holiday. It's crazy to call people like them top 5% or 10% rich people in Singapore.
Old 19-08-2014, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

I don't want to have a normal non microstate and first world life when on "vacation". I could have it everyday as my normal life when I go back to my real home and join everybody else in the real world. Everybody not in a microstate. (3.5 million out of 7 billion)

Most microstate sheep hope to "own" an EC/condo because they're part of the 5C aspirants, the work of pap propaganda. The 5C thing is widespread in SG, but it doesn't work on the rare few residents who either have years of overseas experience (socially mobile people with skills in demand globally) or who are expats. You're just getting fleeced and the rare few see it. You're conditioned by your ruling party to chase the 5Cs which the same ruling party has inflated to 10-25 times its cost compared to everywhere (yes everywhere) outside Singapore, so that you're trapped for three decades to keep working to run the economy. Your entire worldview is based on something that's microscopic in the big world. So you think your reality is real but it's actually unreal for most people around the whole globe that's alive today.

You're renting your ghetto little apartment from the PAP for 99 years. PAP didn't give you land rights. So to say you even "own" a condo/HDB/anything here is a far cry from the reality globally. Only autocratic regimes in Asia (eg.China and Singapore) have leases for land use imposed on citizens, so citizens are deprived of basic liberties, so that the state "re-owns" the land every 99 years, in the sense, the state makes you rent it, and then takes it back like a tenant who leaves. Why is this unique to autocratic regimes? because land rights is considered a form of personal liberty, which I suppose western democracies are inclined to uphold. To have rights to own ones land in perpetuity, not as privilege of luxury but as rights, was linked to the ideals of democracy, liberty and respect for individualism. Do you know who else didn't have rights to own land? Slaves.
http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/found...v1ch16s23.html

If you think about it (which I know you never), land belongs to citizens. It's a right bestowed upon a citizenship, as people are the settlers of a piece of land that forms a country. And people vote in their policy makers who are their workers, and not their feudal lords. Why does China's land that's 5000 years old belong to a random ruling party like the communist party that's only been around for 60 years? So a despot in power is simply being a despot. And the sheep remain in oppressed. Good luck in a non-country half the size of London.