How much are you earning per annum? - Page 304 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

How much are you earning per annum?

Old 29-10-2013, 09:11 AM
Unregistered

Me, 50, $70k pa. Wife, 48, $60k pa.
Lives in a 4 room HDB flat in Jurong East. No more mortgage loan.
Our retirement plan - rent out our two spare rooms to FTs (maybe nurses at the new hospital) at $800 per month per room plus payout from CPF Life $1000 per month each plus two children's contribution $800 per month in total ($400 each). So total retirement income for me and wife is $4400. Lessons learnt - need to own your home for retirement rental income, need to have good children to contribute, need to have forced savings in CPF. Our retirement income of $52,800 pa should be sufficient as we just need money for food, utilities, health care and public transport. No need to be a millionaire to retire comfortably.

Old 29-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Unregistered

I've been living in condo all my life and I've noticed something. People who live in condo in the past are more gracious. They do not think they are more atas and treat the security guards, cleaners as well as the mgmt staff with respect and would be polite to them. They would also try to clean up the facilities after using them for example the BBQ pit. But now, with the many of the upgraders, I've seen a total change. How do I recognize them? By the way they behave. These are the people who talk down to the cleaners and security guards and scream and shout at them over small small issues. They also invite a lot of their relatives to make use of the facilities and to show off. But the problem is that these pple leave a mess after using the facilities and do not bother to help clean up. Inconsiderate! Just proves that money can't buy you class! I think the two posters who keep looking down on pple who live in flats belong to the latter group of condo dwellers. Crass and shallow. Just because we live in condo doesn't mean we are so superior to others. Understand?*shake head*

Old 29-10-2013, 12:45 PM

lordlad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I've been living in condo all my life and I've noticed something. People who live in condo in the past are more gracious. They do not think they are more atas and treat the security guards, cleaners as well as the mgmt staff with respect and would be polite to them. They would also try to clean up the facilities after using them for example the BBQ pit. But now, with the many of the upgraders, I've seen a total change. How do I recognize them? By the way they behave. These are the people who talk down to the cleaners and security guards and scream and shout at them over small small issues. They also invite a lot of their relatives to make use of the facilities and to show off. But the problem is that these pple leave a mess after using the facilities and do not bother to help clean up. Inconsiderate! Just proves that money can't buy you class! I think the two posters who keep looking down on pple who live in flats belong to the latter group of condo dwellers. Crass and shallow. Just because we live in condo doesn't mean we are so superior to others. Understand?*shake head*
Where's the like button for this comment?

I know how you feel. This is similiar to those driving porsche or Ferrari or those sports luxury cars, that liked to pump their engine loudly......like trying to announce to the world they owned a sports car. We get it you owned a sports car. We have eyes to see. There's no need for my make sure a big fuss.

Old 29-10-2013, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
In my condo I saw a PRC resident let his grandchild pangsai on a grass patch...like a dog.
Old 29-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Our retirement plan - rent out our two spare rooms to FTs (maybe nurses at the new hospital) at $800 per month per room plus payout from CPF Life $1000 per month each plus two children's contribution $800 per month in total ($400 each). So total retirement income for me and wife is $4400. Lessons learnt - need to own your home for retirement rental income, need to have good children to contribute, need to have forced savings in CPF. Our retirement income of $52,800 pa should be sufficient as we just need money for food, utilities, health care and public transport. No need to be a millionaire to retire comfortably.
it's about making choices. plan is a plan and there's still need to prepare for the worst.
good children or not.. is out of question.. why should we be depending on contributions from our children?
Old 29-10-2013, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

Looks like a good plan to me. You are lucky to own a flat in JE, the Jurong Lake District (JLD) development will boost Jurong rentals and property values higher. There will be many FTs and expats working there. My retirement plan is to sell my landed in Bukit Timah and then buy a one bedroom condo near the Lakeside MRT station. I like the Jurong Lake as I can jog around the lake, also the area is very windy. I will have about $2.5m cash to invest to generate monthly dividends for me and wife. We plan to retire in 4 years time when we reach 65.

Quote:

Old 29-10-2013, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
These new condo peeps are nothing more than just average HDB people living in an expensive home fueled by cheap credit.
Old 29-10-2013, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
These new condo peeps are nothing more than just average HDB people living in an expensive home fueled by cheap credit.
Please don't look down on HDB people, I believe your ancestors also used to be poor and living in a flat. I myself upgraded after I sold my Queenstown HDB flat for $900k and bought a $1m condo (paid in full) in the Upper Bukit Timah district. My family and I are far from those behaviour you described.
Old 29-10-2013, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

issit true u r more likely to have weird/unreasonable neighbours if u live in a HDB flat (as compared to living in a condo) ?
Old 29-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
issit true u r more likely to have weird/unreasonable neighbours if u live in a HDB flat (as compared to living in a condo) ?
yes of course. if HDB is so good, nobody will stay in private housing.