Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How much are you earning per annum? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/831-how-much-you-earning-per-annum.html)

Unregistered 16-02-2016 11:18 PM

What's your personal annual income and personal net worth?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazyplane (Post 79907)
Ok. I think i know where you are coming from. From what i gather, you basically have sufficient excess cash to bank for new investments in shares, 2nd or 3rd ? property and your CPF. Hence your need to bank into CPF for further risk free returns. That makes sense. :)

But i am much younger than you at 40+ and i dont have so much excess cash that i can plonk on new 2nd property which i think will set me back around by estimated S$2m , do new share investments (another S$1m ) and still have more CPF to play around. Hence a more "risker" approach for use of my CPF money and cash.

I think you are doing well in this interest arbitrage game and will consider your strategy when i am also above 55 .

By the way, max tax relief for CPF cash top up is $7 k not S$6k.

Unregistered 17-02-2016 07:12 AM

Has the Bear run out of steam?

The STI has rebounded stoutly the last 2 days and possibly will climb some more today taking the lead from DJIA. Does this point to the end of the bear market?

More importantly, have you guys pick up any gems during the recent sell down?

Because of my topping up my CPF RA to the full ERS with cash, I have only enough cash to grab 500 DBS shares (at $13.20), and 500 OCBC shares (at $7.56).

Nevertheless I was relieved that the rebound has "put back" $43k into my stock value in just 2 days. Overall the value of my holding is still down by $200k plus. Dividend wise, it seems to be holding up with some stock cutting dividends like sembmarine and kepcorp but others have increased theirs like SGX, Singpost and some of my REITs. As at Feb, I have collected $6k in dividends.

Unregistered 17-02-2016 08:56 AM

thank God for this good news. My portfolio dropped 20%, quite a sum as I had generated stock earnings since 99/2000. I just bite the bullet n hold for upturn, like in past.

lazyplane 17-02-2016 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79928)
What's your personal annual income and personal net worth?

According to SG law, I am worth only one half of my wife :)

Unregistered 17-02-2016 04:52 PM

Cat B COE rebounded strongly as expected. Prices will go higher and higher.

Huat ah!!!!!!

Unregistered 17-02-2016 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79977)
Cat B COE rebounded strongly as expected. Prices will go higher and higher.

Huat ah!!!!!!

With strong pent up demand from buyers who have scrapped their old cars, not surprising that COE prices will trend up.

By 2018 or 2019, with the drought in COEs at that time, COE is expected to rise to $100k. So, now is the time to buy cheap cars while COE price is still low. COE now is considered still cheap.

Unregistered 18-02-2016 07:56 AM

My advice to younger forumers here is to choose your course of study and careers carefully. Avoid low paying sectors and jobs, especially engineering. If you work in these low paying sectors, you will have to work until you're 65 or older.

Choose high paying sectors and careers which will allow you to earn a lot. Then invest wisely with your huge salaries. Be a top performer in these high paying sectors. You can become a multi millionaire, retire early and become your own boss.

I'm 50 and happily retired. No longer need to report every morning to some bossy bosses. LOL.

Unregistered 18-02-2016 08:58 AM

Pekin

Good for U coz u HV bossy boss n had left him/her. Most of us at ur age would have learned to manage them - part n parcel of living whether with friends family or community n I dun think most are poor (when one plan well financially)

Unregistered 18-02-2016 09:40 AM

I think that guy has a serious mental issue. If he is really retired, it just goes to show that the mind regressed when not challenged and stimulated constantly.

You would have noticed that he cant really argue his case and just kept reposting those short paragraphs.

Sometimes it is not about money anymore. Retiring young and withdrawing into your turtle shell is not natural and not a good outcome. You suddenly lose that social circle of friends in your cohort who are still working. They will have no time for you. Even at home, your wife and kids will be out working or at school.

You will also suffer anxiety and insecurity because you see all the younger people are earning more. For eg, in the late 80s, early 90s, a person earning $5k is somebody. Nowadays fresh grad ENGINEERS can already command $4.5k pm. Together with bonuses (say 3 months), they are easily getting $67k in their first year.

You also see your CPF savings stopped growing, the moment you stopped working. And then you see other people (ENGINEERS) talked about their CPF savings crossing $1m at 56.

Without work income you also find you cannot take advantage of new opportunities that come up especially during market cycles, while at the same time, seeing your investments get decimated.

Worry seeps in and you are no longer "happy".

At the end of the day, we all want to retire to enjoy the fruits of our labour. Retiring too young is just not it. Retiring at 55 is a good age, but this is a time where your earning peaks and your expenses decline. So ride on it for a few years more to earn that extra $1m. It will go a long way - no need to downgrade, still have a car, have maid, travel etc..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80001)
Good for U coz u HV bossy boss n had left him/her. Most of us at ur age would have learned to manage them - part n parcel of living whether with friends family or community n I dun think most are poor (when one plan well financially)

Unregistered 18-02-2016 11:29 AM

Put things into perspective, retirement is no fun if there is no plans for anything constructive. Imagine reflect think. Unless one has a purpose, having money does not naturally equate to getting out of work. But let's not dampen others who chose different path or follow typical mindset of early retirement. Though I had posted a few comments stating I won't retire early I m afraid I might be really restless, bored, because I ain't the atypical action-focused type that have impactful plans with others. I know of one who does travel embassador work n he's enjoying it