How much are you earning per annum? - Page 933 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #9321 (permalink)  
Old 14-01-2016, 05:03 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

This kind of debate is really meaningless. That is our typical Asian culture, comparing each other to validate ourselves. I do believe there are some high earners here. But they represent a sad group of insecured, nothing-to-do,mid-life crisis, bald and fat men. Who drop here to show off and try so hard to impress. Living a condo? So what. drive a car? So what. If you have monthly income of 3000. That is enough to live decent life. Every time I see some hopeless people who are yapping along crap and playing mobile to kill every day. That is sad. Really sad!

Reply With Quote
  #9322 (permalink)  
Old 14-01-2016, 08:41 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Absolutely true. There is much more to life than the pursuit and accumulation of wealth. At your death bed, does it matter whether you are a millionaire or a billionaire? Once you die, all your wealth will be splurged by your children and grandchildren. What matters most is how you have contributed to humanity. Did you spend all your wealth just for you and your family? Did you waste millions of dollars on expensive cars and condos while billions in the world are living in abject poverty?

Lead a meaningful life. Care for the old, needy, poor and orphans. They need you. Billions of people need you. Instead of spending years and years working just for you to splurge your wealth, do spend a good chunk of the years you have in this world to do good to humanity. True wealth is not how much fortune you have but how much you give all that towards humanity. Don't be greedy and arrogant.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This kind of debate is really meaningless. That is our typical Asian culture, comparing each other to validate ourselves. I do believe there are some high earners here. But they represent a sad group of insecured, nothing-to-do,mid-life crisis, bald and fat men. Who drop here to show off and try so hard to impress. Living a condo? So what. drive a car? So what. If you have monthly income of 3000. That is enough to live decent life. Every time I see some hopeless people who are yapping along crap and playing mobile to kill every day. That is sad. Really sad!


Reply With Quote
  #9323 (permalink)  
Old 14-01-2016, 11:28 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You must get rid of the mindset that being rich is mutually exclusive to being charitable. In fact the rich are in a much better position to help the poor and they often do.

If all the rich people live frugally, sack their maids, sell of their cars, sell off their condos and stay in HDBs, stop eating out at restaurants, you will see widespread unemployment and poverty will deepen.

People who have the means must continue to keep the economy humming. And they do that best by consuming. It is a win-win situation.

The poor needs jobs more than anything else. When the economy is booming, everyone benefits. Employ a maid or even two if you can afford. This will enable 2 poor families in the Philippines, Indonesia or Myanmar to get out of poverty.

Go and buy that car when you can afford it, you will keep the car salesman in his job and feed his family. Go overseas for your holidays and you will keep the air stewardesses employed and bring tourist money to the host countries. Many of the poorer countries in our region depend on tourist dollars.

And the best is, if you can start a business and employ people, please do. And for the business to survive, people must buy your products or services. If they all live frugally and dont buy your products/services, your business will collapse.

So who can help the economy and the poor, the most? It is the wealthy people.

So long as the rich dont use their money to suppress and trample on the less fortunate, we should not begrudge them and their lifestyle.

People earn more because they are valued more for their abilities, and contribution. In most countries, people who earn also contribute more to the countries' tax revenues.

Most of important of all, do not be judgemental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This kind of debate is really meaningless. That is our typical Asian culture, comparing each other to validate ourselves. I do believe there are some high earners here. But they represent a sad group of insecured, nothing-to-do,mid-life crisis, bald and fat men. Who drop here to show off and try so hard to impress. Living a condo? So what. drive a car? So what. If you have monthly income of 3000. That is enough to live decent life. Every time I see some hopeless people who are yapping along crap and playing mobile to kill every day. That is sad. Really sad!

Reply With Quote
  #9324 (permalink)  
Old 14-01-2016, 11:38 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Sure, how much did you donate to charity last year? Did you donate to the poor and needy? 1% of your income? Or 20%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You must get rid of the mindset that being rich is mutually exclusive to being charitable. In fact the rich are in a much better position to help the poor and they often do.

If all the rich people live frugally, sack their maids, sell of their cars, sell off their condos and stay in HDBs, stop eating out at restaurants, you will see widespread unemployment and poverty will deepen.

People who have the means must continue to keep the economy humming. And they do that best by consuming. It is a win-win situation.

The poor needs jobs more than anything else. When the economy is booming, everyone benefits. Employ a maid or even two if you can afford. This will enable 2 poor families in the Philippines, Indonesia or Myanmar to get out of poverty.

Go and buy that car when you can afford it, you will keep the car salesman in his job and feed his family. Go overseas for your holidays and you will keep the air stewardesses employed and bring tourist money to the host countries. Many of the poorer countries in our region depend on tourist dollars.

And the best is, if you can start a business and employ people, please do. And for the business to survive, people must buy your products or services. If they all live frugally and dont buy your products/services, your business will collapse.

So who can help the economy and the poor, the most? It is the wealthy people.

So long as the rich dont use their money to suppress and trample on the less fortunate, we should not begrudge them and their lifestyle.

People earn more because they are valued more for their abilities, and contribution. In most countries, people who earn also contribute more to the countries' tax revenues.

Most of important of all, do not be judgemental.
Reply With Quote
  #9325 (permalink)  
Old 14-01-2016, 12:27 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sure, how much did you donate to charity last year? Did you donate to the poor and needy? 1% of your income? Or 20%?
I don't think he meant out right donations. He is referring to trickle down economics.....

Charity is best (for poor folks) in the form of a decent paying job...
Reply With Quote
  #9326 (permalink)  
Old 14-01-2016, 12:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I don't think he meant out right donations. He is referring to trickle down economics.....

Charity is best (for poor folks) in the form of a decent paying job...
Typical excuses
Reply With Quote

  #9327 (permalink)  
Old 14-01-2016, 02:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I do not see why being rich automatically means you must be charitable to help the poor. It is just the icing on the cake for that to happen.

the poor must be helped by the government, either thru money or social support.

The rich are rich because they sacrifice their lives for it to happen. they should just enjoy their lives and no need to bother about the poor.

Look at how much taxes they pay.
Look at how much employees they hire.
Look at how much money they spend.
Look at the wider spillover economic contributions they make.
YOU STILL EXPECT THEM TO DO CHARITY?
Reply With Quote
  #9328 (permalink)  
Old 14-01-2016, 05:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Middle income couple in late 40s.
Total income $180k pa. Home is an HDB EA, paid up.
We own a nice new car with no car loan.
We consider ourselves as lucky since we are debt free, able to own a nice home, nice car, go holidays twice a year, eat at nice restaurants once a week and lead a happy and harmonious family life.
We love Singapore, our home.
For retirement we have CPF Life and cash savings (to buy annuity).
We don't need to downgrade as we are happy living in our home which is well renovated.
Reply With Quote
  #9329 (permalink)  
Old 14-01-2016, 07:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Middle income couple in late 40s.
Total income $180k pa. Home is an HDB EA, paid up.
We own a nice new car with no car loan.
We consider ourselves as lucky since we are debt free, able to own a nice home, nice car, go holidays twice a year, eat at nice restaurants once a week and lead a happy and harmonious family life.
We love Singapore, our home.
For retirement we have CPF Life and cash savings (to buy annuity).
We don't need to downgrade as we are happy living in our home which is well renovated.
Congratulations on your success. You are definitely a lucky person. Please help the poor and needy. Billions of poor and needy needs you. Just google "global poverty", "hungry poor" and you will see how lucky you are. Don't be proud, greedy and arrogant.
Reply With Quote
  #9330 (permalink)  
Old 15-01-2016, 05:41 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

We have to constantly watch out the language we used here. Poor, rich, maid etc. the term of maid really ticks me off. We should not have a class system here. If we trace our root, most of us are poor migrants from all over SEA. Please don't think too much our little income and quickly distance yourself from the "poor". If being rich have a lots of reasons behinds, linking to your own abilities is worst of all kind of self indulgence. Please Be kind and gentle in this shallow and impatient society.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You must get rid of the mindset that being rich is mutually exclusive to being charitable. In fact the rich are in a much better position to help the poor and they often do.

If all the rich people live frugally, sack their maids, sell of their cars, sell off their condos and stay in HDBs, stop eating out at restaurants, you will see widespread unemployment and poverty will deepen.

People who have the means must continue to keep the economy humming. And they do that best by consuming. It is a win-win situation.

The poor needs jobs more than anything else. When the economy is booming, everyone benefits. Employ a maid or even two if you can afford. This will enable 2 poor families in the Philippines, Indonesia or Myanmar to get out of poverty.

Go and buy that car when you can afford it, you will keep the car salesman in his job and feed his family. Go overseas for your holidays and you will keep the air stewardesses employed and bring tourist money to the host countries. Many of the poorer countries in our region depend on tourist dollars.

And the best is, if you can start a business and employ people, please do. And for the business to survive, people must buy your products or services. If they all live frugally and dont buy your products/services, your business will collapse.

So who can help the economy and the poor, the most? It is the wealthy people.

So long as the rich dont use their money to suppress and trample on the less fortunate, we should not begrudge them and their lifestyle.

People earn more because they are valued more for their abilities, and contribution. In most countries, people who earn also contribute more to the countries' tax revenues.

Most of important of all, do not be judgemental.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 25 23-04-2021 10:40 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,465 Replies, 7,015,386 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,481 Replies, 12,770,184 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
17,307 Replies, 5,306,964 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,284 Replies, 10,662,989 Views
INL Agency? Brand Communication...
2 Replies, 152 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,499 Replies, 2,492,132 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,853 Replies, 2,481,838 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,268 Replies, 730,362 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,323 Replies, 674,372 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,493 Replies, 1,946,598 Views
Civil Servant Bonus Mid-2023 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
169 Replies, 165,530 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
898 Replies, 425,963 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,605 Replies, 1,442,768 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,487 Replies, 3,553,097 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
343 Replies, 392,296 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,240 Replies, 3,896,556 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,194 Replies, 1,130,985 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
734 Replies, 572,553 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,885 Replies, 1,551,942 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,902 Replies, 1,503,602 Views
CIMB Apprentice 2024 ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 582 Views
SEA (Garena) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
69 Replies, 97,105 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
835 Replies, 445,596 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
777 Replies, 454,078 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
430 Replies, 516,949 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
145 Replies, 55,598 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,860 Replies, 1,261,195 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,868 Replies, 1,622,772 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,992 Replies, 4,824,183 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,938 Replies, 2,962,272 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2