How much are you earning per annum? - Page 923 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #9221 (permalink)  
Old 31-12-2015, 05:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Good retirement plan in JB (retire in luxury) for a retired couple at 55 years old
(assuming no dependents)

Passive income at 55
Rent out fully paid HDB flat S$2.5k pm
Stocks dividends S$1k pm
Total S$3.5k pm or RM10.5k pm

JB cost of living
Rent a 3 bedroom condominium RM2k pm
Car expenses RM500 pm (assume buy car in cash RM50k)
Food, groceries, restaurants and utilities RM2k pm
Medical and entertainment RM1k pm
Misc RM500 pm
Total spending RM6k pm
Savings RM4.5k pm

Passive income at 65
Rent out fully paid HDB flat S$2.5k pm
Stocks dividends S$1k pm
CPF Life (Enhanced Retirement Scheme), couple gets S$3.5k pm
Total income S$7k pm or RM21k pm
Total spending RM8k pm
Savings RM13k pm

This retirement plan allows you to live in a nice condo and drive a nice car. You can go holidays all over the world every year if you want to since you will have lots of savings.
Your retirement assets are: 1. HDB flat 2. CPF Life 3. Dividend blue chip stocks.

Reply With Quote
  #9222 (permalink)  
Old 31-12-2015, 06:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

37 year old single male
Earning 65k per annum

Reply With Quote
  #9223 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2016, 09:20 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

This is a brilliant idea. This means we don't have to own millions to retire in luxury. The ordinary Singaporean can retire in luxury as long as they own a HDB flat and a few hundred thousands to invest in dividend stocks. Besides JB, we can also retire in KL, Penang, Malacca, Chiang Mai, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Good retirement plan in JB (retire in luxury) for a retired couple at 55 years old
(assuming no dependents)

Passive income at 55
Rent out fully paid HDB flat S$2.5k pm
Stocks dividends S$1k pm
Total S$3.5k pm or RM10.5k pm

JB cost of living
Rent a 3 bedroom condominium RM2k pm
Car expenses RM500 pm (assume buy car in cash RM50k)
Food, groceries, restaurants and utilities RM2k pm
Medical and entertainment RM1k pm
Misc RM500 pm
Total spending RM6k pm
Savings RM4.5k pm

Passive income at 65
Rent out fully paid HDB flat S$2.5k pm
Stocks dividends S$1k pm
CPF Life (Enhanced Retirement Scheme), couple gets S$3.5k pm
Total income S$7k pm or RM21k pm
Total spending RM8k pm
Savings RM13k pm

This retirement plan allows you to live in a nice condo and drive a nice car. You can go holidays all over the world every year if you want to since you will have lots of savings.
Your retirement assets are: 1. HDB flat 2. CPF Life 3. Dividend blue chip stocks.

Reply With Quote
  #9224 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2016, 02:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Happy new year everyone!

I hope COE will crash down to $5k in 2016!

I can scrap my one year old car to buy a new car!

Huat Ah!
Reply With Quote
  #9225 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2016, 03:23 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Happy new year everyone!

I hope COE will crash down to $5k in 2016!

I can scrap my one year old car to buy a new car!

Huat Ah!
I will scrap my 2013 Eclass bought with $96k COE and I intend to upgrade to a new S Class when COE crash to $5k.

Huat ah everyone. Happy 2016!!
Reply With Quote
  #9226 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2016, 04:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I will scrap my 2013 Eclass bought with $96k COE and I intend to upgrade to a new S Class when COE crash to $5k.

Huat ah everyone. Happy 2016!!
If COE crash to $5k, can also upgrade to 7 series.
Reply With Quote

  #9227 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2016, 04:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If COE crash to $5k, can also upgrade to 7 series.
Question. If most people are scrapping their 2013 high COE cars, then what will happen when 2023 comes? Will there be no more replacement of COE since there are no more 2013 registered cars?
Reply With Quote
  #9228 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2016, 05:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Question. If most people are scrapping their 2013 high COE cars, then what will happen when 2023 comes? Will there be no more replacement of COE since there are no more 2013 registered cars?
Sorry to disappoint you but COE will be stopped with the erection of new government.
Reply With Quote
  #9229 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2016, 05:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry to disappoint you but COE will be stopped with the erection of new government.
Care to explain more?

I am waiting for COE to drop below $30k before I can afford my Altis dream car. Please don't tell me that government will implement some new rules, please!!
Reply With Quote
  #9230 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2016, 07:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 64
aplover is on a distinguished road
Default

If coe prices would hit it's low, it would be between 2016 and 2017 when the bulk of deregistrations take place. There after it is only up n up.

Govn has made it clear that a car light country is what it wants so it would eventually start to reduce vehicle population or keep it stagnant. Even if it keeps vehicle growth stagnant, because the population will keep growing with generally more middle class and higher, there will be more people who can afford cats so coe prices would go up still.

My opinion is anything at the 30k plus coe value is too good to miss already
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 23 06-08-2017 05:46 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,815 Replies, 1,057,110 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,568 Replies, 1,250,743 Views
Cold calls/emails to HR ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 1,002 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,294 Replies, 234,206 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
922 Replies, 739,038 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,656 Replies, 5,445,779 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 62,101 Views
Q: Management Associate at SGX ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
82 Replies, 11,723 Views
ITE lecturer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
121 Replies, 113,624 Views
Insurance Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
60 Replies, 16,155 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,699 Replies, 2,380,005 Views
Diploma in Digital Marketing at...
2 Replies, 977 Views
Mask price discount in cb period
0 Replies, 26 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
43 Replies, 4,173 Views
Pay grade at CSA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
102 Replies, 23,544 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
327 Replies, 240,207 Views
All about Home Affairs Senior... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
168 Replies, 169,199 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
244 Replies, 45,907 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,710 Replies, 779,721 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,156 Replies, 879,102 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,207 Replies, 1,858,366 Views
Dentist Salary
7 Replies, 6,031 Views
Fresh Grad from local U cant find... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
55 Replies, 10,332 Views
Our Poll Results: 45% Fresh... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
47 Replies, 21,170 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
124 Replies, 81,589 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
803 Replies, 533,474 Views
Possible to earn passive income... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 2,315 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,974 Replies, 917,266 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 13,491 Views
Salary working for SEA FP&A... ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 1,492 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2