Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How much are you earning per annum? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/831-how-much-you-earning-per-annum.html)

Unregistered_101 01-12-2015 08:24 PM

Depends on the exposure of the forummers and audience really, what is considered extraordinary achievements to some is mediocre at best to others.

Personally any working stiff made good IMO is just a guy made good, his achievements are nothing to scoff at but nothing to really wow over either. The ones I find extraordinary are people who created organisations/companies which in turn impacts the lives of hundreds if not thousands.

I own more properties then I have fingers to count , some are paid of and those that are not are due to my choice though I can pay off anytime, I won't bother discussion cars because its just a question of choice and not affordability. And yet I find my achievements pale a lot when I think about my relatives running small business employing people and providing a service back to society even something as simple as a chicken rice stall (not charities but actual businesses). Alas I don't have what it takes so I remain a salaried employee.

So where do you stand in this oasis of achievers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76200)
Indeed, there are immature forummers who are not open minded and cannot appreciate others' extraordinary achievements due to jealousy.

The way to earn more is to upgrade your skills and be at the top of your game. You can also gain more wealth by investing in the right assets at the right time.

I was lucky. I invested my big salary and bonuses and made my fortune. Today, I'm comfortably retired. My passive income more than covers my expenses.

Unregistered 01-12-2015 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76200)
Indeed, there are immature forummers who are not open minded and cannot appreciate others' extraordinary achievements due to jealousy.

The way to earn more is to upgrade your skills and be at the top of your game. You can also gain more wealth by investing in the right assets at the right time.

I was lucky. I invested my big salary and bonuses and made my fortune. Today, I'm comfortably retired. My passive income more than covers my expenses.

As immature as people who reply their own replies? Good gracious

Unregistered 01-12-2015 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered_101 (Post 76205)
Depends on the exposure of the forummers and audience really, what is considered extraordinary achievements to some is mediocre at best to others.

Personally any working stiff made good IMO is just a guy made good, his achievements are nothing to scoff at but nothing to really wow over either. The ones I find extraordinary are people who created organisations/companies which in turn impacts the lives of hundreds if not thousands.

I own more properties then I have fingers to count , some are paid of and those that are not are due to my choice though I can pay off anytime, I won't bother discussion cars because its just a question of choice and not affordability. And yet I find my achievements pale a lot when I think about my relatives running small business employing people and providing a service back to society even something as simple as a chicken rice stall (not charities but actual businesses). Alas I don't have what it takes so I remain a salaried employee.

So where do you stand in this oasis of achievers?

I own more properties than I have hair to count.

Unregistered_101 01-12-2015 11:04 PM

You shave botak ah? Lol kidding,

If that's the case good for you, and if that's true I'll be interested to hear how you did it and what I can learn from it.

I only make exceptions for egoistic/self conceited asses to whom I totally have no interest in listening too LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76210)

Unregistered 02-12-2015 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76210)

what type of hair? straight or curly type?

Unregistered 02-12-2015 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered_101 (Post 76211)
You shave botak ah? Lol kidding,

If that's the case good for you, and if that's true I'll be interested to hear how you did it and what I can learn from it.

I only make exceptions for egoistic/self conceited asses to whom I totally have no interest in listening too LOL

I started work when I'm 24, then I realised my salary was too low, so I gave tuitions after work. After 5 years, I paid for my first condo deposit with the proceeds from my HDB, salary and tuition.

During the financial crisis, Citigroup shares dropped to $1. I sold my condo and put in all the money on Citigroup. While waiting for the share price to recover, I gave more tuition and earn more. My more successful friends even become consultants outside their work! But eventually they become less successful because they suffer in their day jobs, and some lost their jobs via poor appraisals.

After the financial crisis, I become rich again after I earn all the tuition income. It's strange how much tuition can change my life!

Notwithstanding tuition income, my share value from Citigroup mutiplied. I sold all the shares and donated all the shares money to charity. I never felt this good donating so much.

With my tuition income, I bought 10 properties during the crisis, then the values also increased. I sold some to bought a lot more. Then I gave more tuition. I'm super rich now.

Unregistered 02-12-2015 11:13 AM

There are many old sour grapes in this thread. LOL.

Unregistered 02-12-2015 11:18 AM

Some of us come here to share our mini successes in our wealth building journey and we do it because it is anonymous here. If you want to poke fun at it and derive strange satisfaction from this immature act, go ahead. But the joke is on you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76217)
I started work when I'm 24, then I realised my salary was too low, so I gave tuitions after work. After 5 years, I paid for my first condo deposit with the proceeds from my HDB, salary and tuition.

During the financial crisis, Citigroup shares dropped to $1. I sold my condo and put in all the money on Citigroup. While waiting for the share price to recover, I gave more tuition and earn more. My more successful friends even become consultants outside their work! But eventually they become less successful because they suffer in their day jobs, and some lost their jobs via poor appraisals.

After the financial crisis, I become rich again after I earn all the tuition income. It's strange how much tuition can change my life!

Notwithstanding tuition income, my share value from Citigroup mutiplied. I sold all the shares and donated all the shares money to charity. I never felt this good donating so much.

With my tuition income, I bought 10 properties during the crisis, then the values also increased. I sold some to bought a lot more. Then I gave more tuition. I'm super rich now.

Unregistered 02-12-2015 12:17 PM

+1. I agree with you that giving tuitions, upgrading to PHD while being a salaried worker will never enable one to have more than 10 properties in Singapore. That anonymous retiree is not credible with his success story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76217)

Unregistered 02-12-2015 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76230)
+1. I agree with you that giving tuitions, upgrading to PHD while being a salaried worker will never enable one to have more than 10 properties in Singapore. That anonymous retiree is not credible with his success story.

Thanks bro. That successful retiree is probably reading free newspaper and surfing net at the library now.