How much are you earning per annum? - Page 900 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #8991 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2015, 02:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What if I know earning more is a solution but I simply cannot increase my earning? Is it as simple as turning on a tap and my earning will flow?

You advice is as good as asking the 100m sprint runner-up to beat the champion by running faster.
Agreed. Some people posting here earn 420k per annum but has an IQ and logic of a 5-year old.

Reply With Quote
  #8992 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2015, 02:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Don't listen to those with low IQ. If you listen to their do called "advice", then your IQ is lower than theirs.

Reply With Quote
  #8993 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2015, 05:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You already know the answer that you cannot save more if you cannot earn more. So why are you asking?

It is like the 100m sprint runner-up asking how he can beat the champion?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What if I know earning more is a solution but I simply cannot increase my earning? Is it as simple as turning on a tap and my earning will flow?

You advice is as good as asking the 100m sprint runner-up to beat the champion by running faster.

Reply With Quote
  #8994 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2015, 05:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You already know the answer that you cannot save more if you cannot earn more. So why are you asking?

It is like the 100m sprint runner-up asking how he can beat the champion?
Thanks Mr Obvious.

Does that mean someone who earn more will have more savings? There is no need to be frugal at all? In any event more money is required, just go and "earn more"?

I wish my world is as simple as your world.
Reply With Quote
  #8995 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2015, 05:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I dont see it like that. It is not an IQ issue. It is where you are coming from.

It is like 2 persons with different level of swimming skills discussing how to cross a deep and wide river. It is obvious to the strong swimmer that to cross the river, you swim across.

But to the weak swimmer, he cannot see himself swimming across it.

When asked how to cross the river, it is not wrong (and not IQ issue) for the strong swimmer to suggest swimming across the river.

For the guy who has seen his savings increase with his pay, it is thus obvious you need to earn more to save more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Agreed. Some people posting here earn 420k per annum but has an IQ and logic of a 5-year old.
Reply With Quote
  #8996 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2015, 05:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You already know the answer that you cannot save more if you cannot earn more. So why are you asking?

It is like the 100m sprint runner-up asking how he can beat the champion?
Can explain how to earn more?
Reply With Quote

  #8997 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2015, 05:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I dont see it like that. It is not an IQ issue. It is where you are coming from.

It is like 2 persons with different level of swimming skills discussing how to cross a deep and wide river. It is obvious to the strong swimmer that to cross the river, you swim across.

But to the weak swimmer, he cannot see himself swimming across it.

When asked how to cross the river, it is not wrong (and not IQ issue) for the strong swimmer to suggest swimming across the river.

For the guy who has seen his savings increase with his pay, it is thus obvious you need to earn more to save more.
Is there a need to swim across the river?
Reply With Quote
  #8998 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2015, 05:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

No, from where you are coming from, it is like the champion asking the runner-up why he cannot beat him. If the runner-up has the know-how or ability, he would not be the runner-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You already know the answer that you cannot save more if you cannot earn more. So why are you asking?

It is like the 100m sprint runner-up asking how he can beat the champion?
Reply With Quote
  #8999 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2015, 05:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Ah, this is a better and more open-minded question. I dont know why some forummers like to throw insults.

With open minds, we can learn from each other. Insults kill exchange of ideas, show immaturity and a narrow mind.

When I first started working, my pay was low and I wanted a car. I saw that my savings was too low and that it would take too long for me to save sufficiently to buy a car. I took to giving tuition after office hours and during weekends to earn extra money. Within 1.5 years, I saved enough to buy myself a second hand car.

Career wise, I upgraded myself by going for post grad studies and took on more responsibilities. With that came promotion and higher pay.

Some of my more capable colleagues have consultancy jobs outside of their full time job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can explain how to earn more?
Reply With Quote
  #9000 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2015, 06:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Indeed, there are immature forummers who are not open minded and cannot appreciate others' extraordinary achievements due to jealousy.

The way to earn more is to upgrade your skills and be at the top of your game. You can also gain more wealth by investing in the right assets at the right time.

I was lucky. I invested my big salary and bonuses and made my fortune. Today, I'm comfortably retired. My passive income more than covers my expenses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ah, this is a better and more open-minded question. I dont know why some forummers like to throw insults.

With open minds, we can learn from each other. Insults kill exchange of ideas, show immaturity and a narrow mind.

When I first started working, my pay was low and I wanted a car. I saw that my savings was too low and that it would take too long for me to save sufficiently to buy a car. I took to giving tuition after office hours and during weekends to earn extra money. Within 1.5 years, I saved enough to buy myself a second hand car.

Career wise, I upgraded myself by going for post grad studies and took on more responsibilities. With that came promotion and higher pay.

Some of my more capable colleagues have consultancy jobs outside of their full time job!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 23 06-08-2017 06:46 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
842 Replies, 422,570 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,951 Replies, 5,183,949 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,607 Replies, 984,211 Views
Top degree programmes in SG 2020
0 Replies, 70 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,280 Replies, 1,034,700 Views
Which degree is the best return on... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
55 Replies, 10,432 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 15,847 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,779 Replies, 494,972 Views
Pacific Refreshments - The Coca...
3 Replies, 351 Views
Stat board tiers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
53 Replies, 26,205 Views
Cost of living in singapore will... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 4,065 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
341 Replies, 260,320 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
189 Replies, 60,367 Views
Pay for digital marketing agencies
5 Replies, 1,575 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,791 Replies, 841,406 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
332 Replies, 58,288 Views
Schneider Electric - EGP (Grad... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
54 Replies, 15,676 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,875 Replies, 2,126,832 Views
Anyone work for Casino (RWS/MBS) ?... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 5,397 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,174 Replies, 206,192 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,908 Replies, 1,761,180 Views
Bad times?
9 Replies, 976 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
53 Replies, 50,754 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
616 Replies, 312,741 Views
DBS BANK Interview replies ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
423 Replies, 252,612 Views
Working at Changi Business Park ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 1,683 Views
UBS Graduate Talent Program ( 1 2 3)
27 Replies, 20,685 Views
Mother looking for a job ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 962 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2