How much are you earning per annum? - Page 865 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

How much are you earning per annum?

Old 03-10-2015, 05:41 PM
Unregistered_101

So whats the extent of your fortune? Are you the same chap asking the tax question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I said I'm busy "managing my fortune". This doesn't mean I do day trading like some people do. I don't need to do day trading. I buy undervalued stocks and sell overvalued stocks. I can hold onto my stocks for a long time if it remains attractive to me. I enjoy trading gains (but not via day trading) as well as dividends.

I manage my stocks, multi properties and other assets across global markets. Spends a lot of time reading through reports, research pieces, attending shareholders meetings, etc.

I am just like a businessman and my business is managing my wealth.

Old 03-10-2015, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

You don't get it do you?

He is putting the rest of us hardworking folks down.

He said he does not have to go through what the rest of us have to, just because he had a few million.

It is like a person driving a Mercedes telling the masses why you all so poor thing, squeezing in like packed and smelly sardines everyday in the mart trains.

Quote:
Thanks for sharing. Most importantly, you're happy. Don't let others judge you. Congratulations.

Old 03-10-2015, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
You don't get it do you?

He is putting the rest of us hardworking folks down.

He said he does not have to go through what the rest of us have to, just because he had a few million.

It is like a person driving a Mercedes telling the masses why you all so poor thing, squeezing in like packed and smelly sardines everyday in the mart trains.
From what I understand, he is working hard too, just like the rest of us. I supposed he has worked even harder and smarter than us to be able to manage his wealth like a business. He didn't say he is retired, he is still working but not for others but working for himself. He is just like an entrepreneur. Nothing wrong with that. I admire his success.

Old 03-10-2015, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

Not likely. The income tax query guy complained that the $20k+ pa is a bit much for him. But this guy thinks nothing of the $12k pa employer CPF contribution. Can't be the same poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered_101 View Post
So whats the extent of your fortune? Are you the same chap asking the tax question?
Old 03-10-2015, 06:34 PM
Unregistered_101

Hard to say, I would still like to have him confirm it then others.

Quote:
Not likely. The income tax query guy complained that the $20k+ pa is a bit much for him. But this guy thinks nothing of the $12k pa employer CPF contribution. Can't be the same poster.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:55 AM
Unregistered

Apparently, you're the most successful guy in this forum, given your age and achievements, among us all. I'm inspired by you, even though I'm much older than you. Respect.

Quote:
I said I'm busy "managing my fortune". This doesn't mean I do day trading like some people do. I don't need to do day trading. I buy undervalued stocks and sell overvalued stocks. I can hold onto my stocks for a long time if it remains attractive to me. I enjoy trading gains (but not via day trading) as well as dividends.

I manage my stocks, multi properties and other assets across global markets. Spends a lot of time reading through reports, research pieces, attending shareholders meetings, etc.

I am just like a businessman and my business is managing my wealth.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:12 AM
Unregistered

What exactly do you respect him for?

He didnt divulge any useful details other than that he is unemployed and managing his "multi-million" (which could be anything from $2m upwards)

In this day and age, $2m doesnt go very far especially when you are 46 and has a long time horizon to live out.

Most of the things he said he was doing eg. buying stocks and holding them, reading reports and attending AGM -- are what many working professionals can also do without quitting their day jobs.

For example what income tax is he paying? What is his passive income? Could be less than $100K pa.

Many other posters here have hit that figure and are still happily working.

Quote:
Apparently, you're the most successful guy in this forum, given your age and achievements, among us all. I'm inspired by you, even though I'm much older than you. Respect.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:57 AM
Unregistered

Why are you so jealousy of this guy who retire early? If others respect him, let it be. I bet u must be the pax who told this guy to go back to work n when on to say, but to me you r a nut, to ride on the company free $$ to visit the doctor and so forth. This guy who retired has an option to retire but you don't cos you r just clinging on to the company freebies n selling your soul to puker up the bosses, just like a dog pandering to the master every whims n fancies. Lets face it, u simply don't have a choice to retire n try to soothe yourself otherwise. ....Oops, I think your boss is calling you. Quickly better answer his call else u will be fired!
Old 04-10-2015, 09:59 AM
Unregistered

What's your problem? If he is richer than you and earning more than you through his fortune, what's wrong with that? You must be very jealous of him. Stop judging others.

Quote:
What exactly do you respect him for?

He didnt divulge any useful details other than that he is unemployed and managing his "multi-million" (which could be anything from $2m upwards)

In this day and age, $2m doesnt go very far especially when you are 46 and has a long time horizon to live out.

Most of the things he said he was doing eg. buying stocks and holding them, reading reports and attending AGM -- are what many working professionals can also do without quitting their day jobs.

For example what income tax is he paying? What is his passive income? Could be less than $100K pa.

Many other posters here have hit that figure and are still happily working.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

Aiyoh, you guys, being unemployed at a young age is not something inspiring nor something to be proud of.

That is not to say it is impossible for a young person to be very successful in doing business. There are many young people who did make good when they are young, but very few, if any, would retire.

To quit when young after making $1m - $2m through working for others is very risky. If you are single, you are only responsible for yourself. Then I say, you go ahead and do what you want with your life.

But when you have a family with young children in tow, it would be an irresponsible thing to do. At 46, you have yet to see your expenses peaking. There are still many unknowns that can upset your financial plans.

That's for the guy who is unemployed.

Now, for the other guy who blindly respect people who quit their jobs without knowing the details behind it, I can only conclude either you are the same guy as the unemployed guy, i.e. praising yourself, or you are just happy to see people being unemployed.

The company benefits are there to ensure the employees well being. They are there because the company value the employees and need their services. How did it become the case of a dog pandering to its master?

Quote:
Why are you so jealousy of this guy who retire early? If others respect him, let it be. I bet u must be the pax who told this guy to go back to work n when on to say, but to me you r a nut, to ride on the company free $$ to visit the doctor and so forth. This guy who retired has an option to retire but you don't cos you r just clinging on to the company freebies n selling your soul to puker up the bosses, just like a dog pandering to the master every whims n fancies. Lets face it, u simply don't have a choice to retire n try to soothe yourself otherwise. ....Oops, I think your boss is calling you. Quickly better answer his call else u will be fired!