Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How much are you earning per annum? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/831-how-much-you-earning-per-annum.html)

Unregistered 06-07-2015 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69531)
Can a couple in late 40s having current networth of $5 million with HH income $450k retires at 55 given the high inflation and lower returns from investment tool such as rental, stocks, etc, but not compromising on lifestyle. Two kids with one mid and the other late teens.

You can retire NOW.
Move to a 3 bedroom, $1m condo, paying in full.
Invest $4m in a 5% dividend yield portfolio.
This will give you a dividend income of $200k pa.
Relax and enjoy your early retirement.

Unregistered 06-07-2015 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69536)
You can retire NOW.
Move to a 3 bedroom, $1m condo, paying in full.
Invest $4m in a 5% dividend yield portfolio.
This will give you a dividend income of $200k pa.
Relax and enjoy your early retirement.

Yes. Congrats to the couple. You can retire early. Huat ah!

Unregistered 07-07-2015 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69531)
Can a couple in late 40s having current networth of $5 million with HH income $450k retires at 55 given the high inflation and lower returns from investment tool such as rental, stocks, etc, but not compromising on lifestyle. Two kids with one mid and the other late teens.

if you cannot, then 99% will never retire...count your blessings and don't show off.

Unregistered 07-07-2015 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69503)
You may think it's no big deal.
But employers think otherwise.
Especially government sector

Yes, we know that the government sector values honours. This has been since donkey years - no change.
But there are so many options out there.
In fact, its no big deal.
A degree is just a stepping stone. A honours degree, fantastic.
I dare say my friends who also having honours working in the gov sector are also earning the same if not less. Of course if you are a scholar, that's a different matter.
There's so many other alternatives out there apart from boring & bureaucratic gov sector.
Once again if you are a scholar on the way to perm sec, then yes, kudos. You did well for your honours, but that role came with other facets, not only education.

Unregistered 07-07-2015 07:55 AM

2nd upper NUS

6 years exp

now drawing around 120k per annum

Unregistered 07-07-2015 08:43 AM

We have to be realistic when one has decided to retire from active income. You will have to continue to pay for insurance premium, expenses such as holidays, etc, without compromising on lifestyle. I observed many people in this forum talks about downsizing to liquidate to fund retirement. Is there any better option?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69551)
if you cannot, then 99% will never retire...count your blessings and don't show off.

Unregistered 07-07-2015 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69555)
2nd upper NUS

6 years exp

now drawing around 120k per annum

Well done. You have profited from the government policy in the 80s and 90s.
Now it's time for you to donate some wealth back to the society as you are earning so comfortably.

Maybe start with 0.5% as recommended by ESM Goh.

Unregistered 07-07-2015 08:52 AM

Graduated from RMIT at SIM
33 this year, currently drawing 132k p.a
Thinking of buying a flat/condo for myself soon.

Unregistered 07-07-2015 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69558)
Graduated from RMIT at SIM
33 this year, currently drawing 132k p.a
Thinking of buying a flat/condo for myself soon.

Is your degree readily accepted by employers? Did you find any difficulty getting a job after graduation or were you already working and did the degree part time?

Unregistered 07-07-2015 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69561)
Is your degree readily accepted by employers? Did you find any difficulty getting a job after graduation or were you already working and did the degree part time?

Throughout my adult working life, they have never asked about my education background. I was working part time in a retail store when I was studying for my degree full time. It was quite tiring but well worth it cos immediately after graduation they promoted me to corporate.