How much are you earning per annum? - Page 684 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #6831 (permalink)  
Old 22-02-2015, 11:44 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Fools rush in

Reply With Quote
  #6832 (permalink)  
Old 22-02-2015, 12:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
30% LTV??? U are v kiasi...
Even our gov stopped at 50% LTV for second housing loan, and in the old days it was 80%LTV no matter how many properties an individual buys.
In general, banks will allow us to keep the property as long as we can still service the monthly loan, it does not matter to the bank by how much the property value crashes as long as the individual can still service the loan.

As long as you can service your loan, banks welcome you like 財神爺. 100 properties also no problem.
What happen if you lose your job, still expecting to use CPF OA to pay for your mortgage?
One is ok, second investment property should make you try to came life insurance (why? commit suicide ma!).
Don't be greedy, be kiasi, think safe, play safe, you and your family will be safe.

Reply With Quote
  #6833 (permalink)  
Old 22-02-2015, 02:10 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I see many naive youngsters in this forum. Obviously they were not even born during the 85 recession or they were in school during the 98 crisis. Very naive, easily fooled. Don't want to take advice, up to them. Just don't come crying when they lose their home.

Reply With Quote
  #6834 (permalink)  
Old 22-02-2015, 03:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Current std of living in Singapore has become so high. Many folks cannot even retire after working all their live and bring up kids. Savings are so much more important than before. Because higher education now might not necessary bring you financial security. Nowadays plenty of people have degrees and plenty of foreigners want to compete with you. I would be happy enough if my kids could support themselves and have kids. Don't expect to rely on them to fund my retirement.
Reply With Quote
  #6835 (permalink)  
Old 22-02-2015, 03:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Read this article

h t t p : / / news.asiaone.com/news/business/peeling-away-spores-class-layers


You are in the upper class if your household income is $8k or more.

I think most of the forumers here are upper class. Huah Ah!!!!!

Be grateful.
Reply With Quote
  #6836 (permalink)  
Old 22-02-2015, 05:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

So many kiasi old men in this forum who prefer to buy cars rather than invest in property. In the long run property is the best way to make money in SG, if bought at a good price and continuously rented out. Some people do indeed have a secure job and bought their properties in the 2008/2009 dip, why shld they rush to sell if the property is rented out? Better than buying second and third car that only lasts 10 yrs.
Reply With Quote

  #6837 (permalink)  
Old 22-02-2015, 05:10 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I see many naive youngsters in this forum. Obviously they were not even born during the 85 recession or they were in school during the 98 crisis. Very naive, easily fooled. Don't want to take advice, up to them. Just don't come crying when they lose their home.
Won't happen because a forum is not a place to cry and look for genuine help. A forum is just a place to talk, exchange ideas, burn time, be entertained and to be a keyboard warrior.
Reply With Quote
  #6838 (permalink)  
Old 22-02-2015, 08:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

My wife and I are working professionals in our late 30s
Salary $220k pa salary and save about $60k pa
Own a 5-room HDB flat worth about $550k
Other savings and assets about $250k
CPF $150k
No loan except for 2 yr old car and loan left with $40k

Net worth about $400k excluding HDB flat

I donít intend to retire early before my 60s , my wife hopes to retire by early 50s, or maybe she will continue to take up some stress-free part-time jobs. I figure that would bring our savings target to $1.5 mil (before any investment returns).

Many grad couples are doing much better than us financially, but ut we are contented with our incomes and intend to lead a simple and balanced family life instead of pursue ambitious careers. Some people say that with 3 kids we should try to earn more for them. But my wife always say that kids should be independent and not rely on parents retirement nest egg. What do you think?
Reply With Quote
  #6839 (permalink)  
Old 22-02-2015, 09:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Your wife is absolutely right. Our children should not be pampered and must learn to be independent as early as possible. You can help them save from young so that they have some money for their university education. If this is not sufficient, they must find ways to earn money by doing part time work or giving tuition. When I was in Uni last time, I gave tuition to help fund my studies. We should also not be worried about their housing when they get married. They must work and save by themselves for marriage and for the downpayment of their BTO flat. Anyway, BTO flats are so cheap nowadays, they can surely afford to buy a 3 room flat for $150k only, which they can pay over 25 years.

You both can retire easily since you will have your CPF Life which gives you $1800 pm for one person or $3600 pm for two persons if each of you put in $241,500 in your CPF retirement account at 65. You can also rent out your rooms at $1,000 pm for each room and so if you rent out two rooms, you get $2,000 pm from room rentals. So your passive income will be $5,600 pm. A lot of money for a retired couple with no debt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My wife and I are working professionals in our late 30s
Salary $220k pa salary and save about $60k pa
Own a 5-room HDB flat worth about $550k
Other savings and assets about $250k
CPF $150k
No loan except for 2 yr old car and loan left with $40k

Net worth about $400k excluding HDB flat

I donít intend to retire early before my 60s , my wife hopes to retire by early 50s, or maybe she will continue to take up some stress-free part-time jobs. I figure that would bring our savings target to $1.5 mil (before any investment returns).

Many grad couples are doing much better than us financially, but ut we are contented with our incomes and intend to lead a simple and balanced family life instead of pursue ambitious careers. Some people say that with 3 kids we should try to earn more for them. But my wife always say that kids should be independent and not rely on parents retirement nest egg. What do you think?
Reply With Quote
  #6840 (permalink)  
Old 22-02-2015, 09:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Your wife is absolutely right. Our children should not be pampered and must learn to be independent as early as possible. You can help them save from young so that they have some money for their university education. If this is not sufficient, they must find ways to earn money by doing part time work or giving tuition. When I was in Uni last time, I gave tuition to help fund my studies. We should also not be worried about their housing when they get married. They must work and save by themselves for marriage and for the downpayment of their BTO flat. Anyway, BTO flats are so cheap nowadays, they can surely afford to buy a 3 room flat for $150k only, which they can pay over 25 years.

You both can retire easily since you will have your CPF Life which gives you $1800 pm for one person or $3600 pm for two persons if each of you put in $241,500 in your CPF retirement account at 65. You can also rent out your rooms at $1,000 pm for each room and so if you rent out two rooms, you get $2,000 pm from room rentals. So your passive income will be $5,600 pm. A lot of money for a retired couple with no debt.
What about helping my son with a new car? No money, No Honey. Girls nowadays look for guys with cars. Is that true?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 23 06-08-2017 05:46 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,828 Replies, 1,058,711 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,215 Replies, 1,860,761 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,708 Replies, 2,387,115 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,447 Replies, 746,669 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,709 Replies, 5,453,736 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
812 Replies, 534,336 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,982 Replies, 919,402 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
46 Replies, 4,415 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
96 Replies, 63,401 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
928 Replies, 740,234 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,664 Replies, 1,253,643 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
354 Replies, 274,913 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
70 Replies, 110,168 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
248 Replies, 47,030 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,570 Replies, 1,553,289 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,308 Replies, 235,719 Views
Pay grade at CSA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
104 Replies, 23,832 Views
Cold calls/emails to HR ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 1,247 Views
Q: Management Associate at SGX ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
84 Replies, 11,996 Views
Insurance Agent to Bancassurance...
7 Replies, 5,144 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
329 Replies, 240,671 Views
ITE lecturer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
121 Replies, 113,935 Views
Insurance Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
60 Replies, 16,321 Views
Diploma in Digital Marketing at...
2 Replies, 1,016 Views
Mask price discount in cb period
0 Replies, 93 Views
All about Home Affairs Senior... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
168 Replies, 169,358 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,710 Replies, 780,453 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,156 Replies, 880,249 Views
Dentist Salary
7 Replies, 6,084 Views
Fresh Grad from local U cant find... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
55 Replies, 10,524 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2