How much are you earning per annum? - Page 57 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #561 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 20
chnrxn is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
is that so. i think its advertized that the median household income in singapore is a little more that 5k a month,
which makes it 60k per annum. are u sure 150k per annum shd classify as average ??

at least, its above average , infact it shd be reasonably good.
Haha... income disparity my friend. As you correctly pointed out, 5.3k is the median. The average should be higher.

My context is a graduate married couple in their early to mid 30s with decent progression, both should be at least in middle management or senior professional/executive. My gut feel is that these couples should comprise about 20% to 25% of the population.

At the typical lower end local companies: husband 5k wife 4k with AWS 13 * 9k => $117k.

At the typical higher end foreign MNCs/banks or local GLCs: husband 8k, wife 6k with AWS and 3 month bonus 16 * 14k => $224k.

Hee hee ... I'm starting to feel incredulous about these numbers I just worked out. But these are definitely possible given the salary levels I have been hearing about recently.

Now I know why housing prices are sky-rocketing.

Reply With Quote
  #562 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2011, 07:13 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 20
chnrxn is on a distinguished road
Default

Isn't there this 32yo navy major that they reported was making 100k annually? True, I would say this is above average, but definitely not surprising or out of this world. In fact this only puts him in the top 15% of men aged 35-40 in 2010.

Reply With Quote
  #563 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2011, 11:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chnrxn View Post
Isn't there this 32yo navy major that they reported was making 100k annually? True, I would say this is above average, but definitely not surprising or out of this world. In fact this only puts him in the top 15% of men aged 35-40 in 2010.
wow 32yo major doing 100K, must be one of them overseas scholars!

Reply With Quote
  #564 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2011, 03:39 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
wow 32yo major doing 100K, must be one of them overseas scholars!
why are you surprised? even teacher HODs make 100k.
Reply With Quote
  #565 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2011, 09:26 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 89
blackswan is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
why are you surprised? even teacher HODs make 100k.
Major earning $100k is normal. Its about $6700 per mth with 3 mths bonus (15 mths package)

He is might be reaching the ceiling of major gg to be LTC soon.
I heard last time my CO who is a LTC earns abt $7k+
Reply With Quote
  #566 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan View Post
Major earning $100k is normal. Its about $6700 per mth with 3 mths bonus (15 mths package)

He is might be reaching the ceiling of major gg to be LTC soon.
I heard last time my CO who is a LTC earns abt $7k+
7k is basic allowance only. With other pay components it should easily be 10k at least.
Reply With Quote

  #567 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2011, 10:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi .... I need some advise...

I am in the mid 30 and is making

-$9,000 per month as a sales cum manufacturing manager (responsibilities: sales 30%, manufacturing 70%) Is a newly set-up speciality fabric related company in Singapore. Head office in USA.

-No bonus, No AWS for about 3 years.

- Working hours : Average 11 hours daily

Shall I carry on working in this company? If not is there plenty of better offer than this?
Reply With Quote
  #568 (permalink)  
Old 14-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi .... I need some advise...

I am in the mid 30 and is making

-$9,000 per month as a sales cum manufacturing manager (responsibilities: sales 30%, manufacturing 70%) Is a newly set-up speciality fabric related company in Singapore. Head office in USA.

-No bonus, No AWS for about 3 years.

- Working hours : Average 11 hours daily

Shall I carry on working in this company? If not is there plenty of better offer than this?
Pay is pretty good but hours are long. Such is working life. Do you think it can last?
Reply With Quote
  #569 (permalink)  
Old 15-03-2011, 10:42 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5
orangeTorp is on a distinguished road
Default Hardware Engineeer

Any idea how much a electronics hardware engineer in the private sector should get? Typically what percentage increment does one ask for from the new employer?

5 Years experience. Previously from govt sector. Local Uni. Made ~5.4k per mth. Last year bonus was good so hit 91k. but normal years is around 80k.
Reply With Quote
  #570 (permalink)  
Old 15-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 20
chnrxn is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeTorp View Post
Any idea how much a electronics hardware engineer in the private sector should get? Typically what percentage increment does one ask for from the new employer?

5 Years experience. Previously from govt sector. Local Uni. Made ~5.4k per mth. Last year bonus was good so hit 91k. but normal years is around 80k.
80k-90k sounds decent for a local pte company for 5 years. (Venture?) Typical jump should be ard 10% in my opinion.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 23 06-08-2017 05:46 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,524 Replies, 1,005,555 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
129 Replies, 92,614 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
749 Replies, 383,446 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,472 Replies, 2,053,173 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,675 Replies, 1,374,255 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
286 Replies, 186,927 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
846 Replies, 583,510 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,059 Replies, 283,537 Views
MasterCard Graduate Developement... ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 7,059 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,407 Replies, 596,910 Views
How Much Do You Need to Earn... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
41 Replies, 18,894 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,111 Replies, 3,890,223 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,962 Replies, 1,817,926 Views
Software developers salary outlier ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 2,841 Views
Work culture in CPF board ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 35,087 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,803 Replies, 1,183,156 Views
Singapore LNG Pay
4 Replies, 1,412 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
85 Replies, 123,663 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,734 Replies, 3,180,700 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,916 Replies, 6,036,296 Views
Pay grade at CSA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
150 Replies, 40,203 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,055 Replies, 836,027 Views
Any Kaplan students here can land... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 2,320 Views
Part-time Higher NITEC in...
2 Replies, 1,978 Views
Allied educator scheme
2 Replies, 715 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,017 Replies, 1,161,218 Views
Advantages
3 Replies, 1,340 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
168 Replies, 18,188 Views
Credit Suisse - IB Academy
0 Replies, 119 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2