Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How much are you earning per annum? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/831-how-much-you-earning-per-annum.html)

Unregistered 03-03-2011 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 9915)
There is truth in the salary survey. I'm working in Financial Services 'governance' sector and earning a basic pay of $160K/annum. With bonus, I'm looking at around $200K/annum.

You can believe, or not, but IMO you should open your eyes/mind to what people are getting out there.

FYI, I'm in my early thirties, female local degree holder.

The ONLY way to settle all this is to post your payslip picture *minus ur name* for proof. :)

PRAHLAD 03-03-2011 10:27 PM

I am a chemcial engineer with 20 year experience and have a offer from singaporean company of 10k sg$ per month plus 2 month bonus.please let me know if it is a comfortable salary in singapore.we have a family of four.

Unregistered 04-03-2011 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRAHLAD (Post 9938)
I am a chemcial engineer with 20 year experience and have a offer from singaporean company of 10k sg$ per month plus 2 month bonus.please let me know if it is a comfortable salary in singapore.we have a family of four.

Low-balling you. Don't take it.

Unregistered 04-03-2011 12:18 AM

IT in an IB.
89K basic + bonus of less than a month usually.

chnrxn 04-03-2011 12:22 AM

Quote:

There is truth in the salary survey. I'm working in Financial Services 'governance' sector and earning a basic pay of $160K/annum. With bonus, I'm looking at around $200K/annum.

You can believe, or not, but IMO you should open your eyes/mind to what people are getting out there.

FYI, I'm in my early thirties, female local degree holder.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 9937)
The ONLY way to settle all this is to post your payslip picture *minus ur name* for proof. :)

Much as I am envious, this kind of salary indeed is possible, and actually quite "common" ... alas. There seem to be a lot more companies out there willing and able to hire many of these specialized or senior positions, especially in high revenue industries like financial services, real estate, oil/gas.

In fact, for 160k to 200k, I would say, is only mid-senior level.

chnrxn 04-03-2011 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 9941)
IT in an IB.
89K basic + bonus of less than a month usually.

Support/operations?

Or

App development/maintenance?

How many years of experience?

chnrxn 04-03-2011 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRAHLAD (Post 9938)

$10k for a local family is above average. The national median monthly family income is $5300. Young graduate couples in their 30's who are both working should be making about $8-$12k combined.

Obviously, comfortable or not depends on your lifestyle. As the previous poster commented, a $10k for a 20-year chemical engineer doesn't seem too high, but it is also not shabby by Singapore standards.

Renting a public 2 bedroom flat would cost you about $2000/mth at the low end. Private condominiums about $3000 (non-central locations). You should be asking for housing allowance.

Public transport is ard $2 per trip (including transfers). Taxis from $10-$20 per ride.

Cheap meals can be had for $3-$4. A MacDonalds meal costs about $8. Expect to pay from $12 and up (per person) at most restaurants.

Movie tickets are ard $10.

For expenditure on childcare or pre-school, the sky seems to be the limit. :)

I've given you the context, go figure. :)

PRAHLAD 04-03-2011 04:31 PM

xp

Quote:

Originally Posted by chnrxn (Post 9949)
$10k for a local family is above average. The national median monthly family income is $5300. Young graduate couples in their 30's who are both working should be making about $8-$12k combined.

Obviously, comfortable or not depends on your lifestyle. As the previous poster commented, a $10k for a 20-year chemical engineer doesn't seem too high, but it is also not shabby by Singapore standards.

Renting a public 2 bedroom flat would cost you about $2000/mth at the low end. Private condominiums about $3000 (non-central locations). You should be asking for housing allowance.

Public transport is ard $2 per trip (including transfers). Taxis from $10-$20 per ride.

Cheap meals can be had for $3-$4. A MacDonalds meal costs about $8. Expect to pay from $12 and up (per person) at most restaurants.

Movie tickets are ard $10.

For expenditure on childcare or pre-school, the sky seems to be the limit. :)

I've given you the context, go figure. :)

Thanks for the reply.By the way what is the best possible gross salary for Chemcial Engineer with 20years experience

Unregistered 06-03-2011 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chnrxn (Post 9945)
Support/operations?

Or

App development/maintenance?

How many years of experience?

App dev and support.

Unregistered 09-03-2011 02:58 PM

37 y.o. married with a kid
IT/telecom sector
$97,500 annual (included AWS excluding bonus)
bonus +2 months
stays in private apartment no maid
drives a jap small car fully paid
supports parent $1,050 monthly