Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How much are you earning per annum? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/831-how-much-you-earning-per-annum.html)

Unregistered 24-01-2011 08:53 PM

Hawker table cleaner

$9,600 per year with no bounus, no 13th Month & no sick leave

Unregistered 26-01-2011 01:03 PM

Step 1 - Bored at work so come into salary.sg and look at salary thread.

Step 2 - Read posts. If salary stated is lower than own salary, feel smug and find something else to do. If salary of posters is higher than own salary, take offence and go to step 3.

Step 3 - EITHER:

a. criticise the post which offended you and claim that the poster is lying. Depending on amount of free time, engage in flame war

OR

b. create own ******** post with an outrageously high fantasy salary to piss other people off.

Step 4 - 'Rebel' by posting outrageously low salary to make political statement about the plight of the poor in Singapore.

Unregistered 26-01-2011 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 9129)
Step 1 - Bored at work so come into salary.sg and look at salary thread.

Step 2 - Read posts. If salary stated is lower than own salary, feel smug and find something else to do. If salary of posters is higher than own salary, take offence and go to step 3.

Step 3 - EITHER:

a. criticise the post which offended you and claim that the poster is lying. Depending on amount of free time, engage in flame war

OR

b. create own ******** post with an outrageously high fantasy salary to piss other people off.

Step 4 - 'Rebel' by posting outrageously low salary to make political statement about the plight of the poor in Singapore.

Very accurate description, especially "Step 3b"!

"Step 3b" is a very weird psychological phenomenon.

Similar examples are someone telling you that your garden here in Singapore is smaller than their cousin's horse shed in Australia, when that someone himself is staying in an HDB flat, or someone perpetually concerned about the lack of Nobel Prize winners from our top schools, when that someone didn't even go to a top school.

Unregistered 28-01-2011 12:54 AM

Engineer no honours

Year 2011
Engineer
No honours Singapore University
Fresh

Monthly basic pay
$2600
$2000 take home
$600 CPF

Unregistered 28-01-2011 01:32 AM

SA at regional boutique.
M&A
100k pro-rated.

Unregistered 01-02-2011 01:09 PM

Hr consultant
Graduate with civil engineering degree in 2005

$180k per annum
Plus about 7 months bonus

Unregistered 01-02-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 9156)
SA at regional boutique.
M&A
100k pro-rated.

Hi, I know what's M&A but what's SA? Care to share how many years of working exp do u have?

And the number of hours you work on average in a week?

Unregistered 01-02-2011 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 9243)
Hi, I know what's M&A but what's SA? Care to share how many years of working exp do u have?

And the number of hours you work on average in a week?

Senior Analyst, 3 yrs exp. Peak period maybe 50 hrs / week off peak sometimes I just stay home to answer some email

Unregistered 03-02-2011 03:50 PM

Pay or title

Director (my company is full of directors, the title is good for someone who likes to show off in front of friends)

Yearly package (SGD 200,000, excluding bonus which is usually 2 months)

I am fine with the pay but heck care the title.

Call me anything you want, just give me my pay :)

Unregistered 03-02-2011 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 8632)
(soon to be) fresh grad (23 yo local) with a masters (no exp) got an offer for about 70k basic at an intl bank in a middle office role. Figured After bonus should be about 80-85. Reasonable for mid office or should I look for better?

They are low-balling you.
Go elsewhere.