Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How much are you earning per annum? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/831-how-much-you-earning-per-annum.html)

Unregistered 10-04-2023 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245786)
So for most of us, can only retire in Msia from 65 years old. And they have medical checkups, some medical conditions will not pass. So, it is not so easy to have early retirement in Msia or JB.

Huh, did u read the visa req? It's not a matter of age

Unregistered 10-04-2023 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245833)
Huh, did u read the visa req? It's not a matter of age

I know. But u need rm10k for mthly income and cannot be rental income. So unless u work, u cannot stay in Msia. And if u r working, it's not retirement anymore.

Unregistered 10-04-2023 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245834)
I know. But u need rm10k for mthly income and cannot be rental income. So unless u work, u cannot stay in Msia. And if u r working, it's not retirement anymore.

Bro what are u talking about lol

First u said 65 and above then now u say rm10k monthly?

Unregistered 10-04-2023 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245851)
Bro what are u talking about lol

First u said 65 and above then now u say rm10k monthly?

Go read up about the MM2H 10 year stay visa. Malaysia My Second Home. That is the proper legal visa if u as a sgpn want to stay in Malaysia.

Doing mthly visa runs is illegal and malaysian customs are clamping down on it.

Unregistered 10-04-2023 01:58 PM

U guys are really naive and clueless about staying in msia as a foreigner.

Unregistered 10-04-2023 02:55 PM

Life is hard, I work 6 days a week as IB. annual salary is 150k, but I have a debt of 100k. I can never afford to retire.

Unregistered 10-04-2023 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245856)
Life is hard, I work 6 days a week as IB. annual salary is 150k, but I have a debt of 100k. I can never afford to retire.

What is IB? S$150k was like my max salary. Why cannot retire? Are u the sole breadwinner and have kids?

Unregistered 10-04-2023 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245853)
Go read up about the MM2H 10 year stay visa. Malaysia My Second Home. That is the proper legal visa if u as a sgpn want to stay in Malaysia.

Doing mthly visa runs is illegal and malaysian customs are clamping down on it.

You said "can only retire in Msia from 65 years old"

That's not an actual requirement lol did u talk too much nonsense and forgot what you wrote yourself?

Go read MM2H req yourself, you're talking rubbish

Unregistered 10-04-2023 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245868)
You said "can only retire in Msia from 65 years old"

That's not an actual requirement lol did u talk too much nonsense and forgot what you wrote yourself?

Go read MM2H req yourself, you're talking rubbish

I wrote for most of us, can only retire at 65 years old In Malaysia with CPF life. Not for all of us. If u can fulfill the rm40k mthly income, u can but most of us don't have such passive income. Rental income not counted some more.

Read properly yrself.

Unregistered 10-04-2023 05:40 PM

I have been looking at MM2H for close to 10 years. U guys better read properly. And call up to enquire properly. Don't later rent out yr hdb and get caught by customs doing mthly visa runs and cry. They also only want the rich like sg.

So unless u can work from home, it is difficult to stay there and fulfill the rm 10k or 40k criteria.

Unregistered 10-04-2023 05:55 PM

So many SG families stay in JB and commute everyday to SG.
Ok what. What are you talking about?
Just go to SG every fortnight should be ok. Meet friends and family.

Unregistered 10-04-2023 05:57 PM

There is apparently another PVIP program now premium visa program which allows 20 yr stay through investment but also has financial requirements and 40k rm mthly income.

Unregistered 10-04-2023 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245875)
So many SG families stay in JB and commute everyday to SG.
Ok what. What are you talking about?
Just go to SG every fortnight should be ok. Meet friends and family.

They r at the mercy of the customs. There have been reports of people stopped and disallowed entry.

Unregistered 10-04-2023 06:22 PM

Just read Living in JB forum page 2 on prohibited immigrants. Sgpn were barred from entering Msia doing the visa runs. That was when Mahathir was in charge. Now might be better but without a proper longterm visa, u r at their mercy.

Unregistered 10-04-2023 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245786)
So for most of us, can only retire in Msia from 65 years old. And they have medical checkups, some medical conditions will not pass. So, it is not so easy to have early retirement in Msia or JB.

You are talking about the requirement VISA in Malaysia right?

There's no age requirement for that, it's not 65. Above and below 50 have some differences, best to check the website if you're not sure.

Unregistered 10-04-2023 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245887)
You are talking about the requirement VISA in Malaysia right?

There's no age requirement for that, it's not 65. Above and below 50 have some differences, best to check the website if you're not sure.

I know that of coz. Why I say 65 is because sgpn will only get their cpf life payout from 65 years old. With ERS combined, then can fulfill rm10k a mth criteria for MM2H Sarawak.

Unregistered 10-04-2023 06:54 PM

And MM2H Sarawak may increase their requirements from10k to 40k rm mthly income like the normal MM2H as more people know about it.

Unregistered 10-04-2023 07:01 PM

We r really at the mercy of the customs officer if we do the mthly visa runs. I know there are many people doing it cause they find it difficult to fulfill the mm2h criteria.

The Johor Sultan is quite welcoming of sg investments in the JB housing market and hopefully Anwar is more lenient than Mahathir. But really, I wouldn't do the mthly visa runs as it is technically can be deemed illegal. If they deem so.

Why put yrself through such stress? Not nice to be termed an illegal immigrant like some have.

Unregistered 10-04-2023 07:10 PM

There was once we entered JB without passport chops as the counter was empty. When we returned, they put us through long questionings like we r some criminals.

I cannot imagine how we will be treated if deemed illegal immigrants.

Unregistered 10-04-2023 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245878)
They r at the mercy of the customs. There have been reports of people stopped and disallowed entry.

I’ve not read such things in the newspaper. Why not you ask your reporter friend to write this story? The daily jam at Causeway means many Sporeans commuting. If custom really want to stop there will be no more jam. You don’t anyhow scare people who want to retire early.

Unregistered 10-04-2023 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245905)
I’ve not read such things in the newspaper. Why not you ask your reporter friend to write this story? The daily jam at Causeway means many Sporeans commuting. If custom really want to stop there will be no more jam. You don’t anyhow scare people who want to retire early.

U can read the personal accounts of people who were denied entry in Living in JB the forum. Just google search. It is in page 3.

I am not anyhow scaring people. I also want to retire early.

Unregistered 10-04-2023 09:40 PM

But the accounts were 2018 to 2020. Maybe nowadays no more.

Unregistered 11-04-2023 12:34 AM

220k pa basic, annual package around 260-270k, turning 37. Hope I can live through this period of tech layoffs..

Unregistered 12-04-2023 11:20 AM

52, 54 couple.
Hope to retire at 55.
Can downgrade from 5 room to 3 room flat.
Now HDB prices very high. Can cash out and make big profits.
Total cash savings + CPF collect at 55 + cash from downgrade maybe $700k.
Enough for retirement expenses from 55 to 65.
65 onwards will get CPF Life $5k pm.

Unregistered 12-04-2023 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246037)
52, 54 couple.
Hope to retire at 55.
Can downgrade from 5 room to 3 room flat.
Now HDB prices very high. Can cash out and make big profits.
Total cash savings + CPF collect at 55 + cash from downgrade maybe $700k.
Enough for retirement expenses from 55 to 65.
65 onwards will get CPF Life $5k pm.

How much to be in cpf to getcpflife payout of S$5k a mth?

Unregistered 12-04-2023 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246039)
How much to be in cpf to getcpflife payout of S$5k a mth?

$309k at 55 will give $2.5k pm at 65

So combined $309 x 2 = $618k to get $5k pm combined

Unregistered 13-04-2023 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246041)
$309k at 55 will give $2.5k pm at 65

So combined $309 x 2 = $618k to get $5k pm combined

I think a retiree needs $1.5k pm for basic expenses.

$2.5k pm is comfortable for a good retirement.

Unregistered 14-04-2023 01:27 AM

What’s the pay range for a c10 tech role in Citibank?

Unregistered 14-04-2023 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246165)
What’s the pay range for a c10 tech role in Citibank?

Not bad, you can live off your cpf retirement funds and relax. You've worked hard, good job.

Unregistered 15-04-2023 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246172)
Not bad, you can live off your cpf retirement funds and relax. You've worked hard, good job.

What’s considered not bad? 9-10K?

Unregistered 15-04-2023 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246241)
What’s considered not bad? 9-10K?

It depends on your definition of "not bad" and as long as you work hard, you deserve to take a break and enjoy your life with your cpf retirement funds.

Life is short, you should enjoy it.

Unregistered 16-04-2023 06:31 PM

Middle income family, $193k pa combined. Mid 50s. Children in universities. 3 BR condo fully paid.

Hopefully can retire in 3 years time if we sell our condo and move to a 5 room HDB flat. By then our children should start working and help with household expenses.

We have worked so hard for so many years. Getting tired, need to rest and enjoy life. We have sacrificed so much for our children. Need to reduce stress and take care of our health.

Our best investment is our condo. We bought cheap and now can sell high and get lots of cash for retirement. Singapore property market is now at record high so good time to sell and retire.

Unregistered 16-04-2023 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246356)
Middle income family, $193k pa combined. Mid 50s. Children in universities. 3 BR condo fully paid.

Hopefully can retire in 3 years time if we sell our condo and move to a 5 room HDB flat. By then our children should start working and help with household expenses.

We have worked so hard for so many years. Getting tired, need to rest and enjoy life. We have sacrificed so much for our children. Need to reduce stress and take care of our health.

Our best investment is our condo. We bought cheap and now can sell high and get lots of cash for retirement. Singapore property market is now at record high so good time to sell and retire.

Time to sell the Condo and buy another house,

Singapore property market is now at record high.

Good thing HDB is not a "property"

lmfao sibei jialat

Unregistered 16-04-2023 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246247)
It depends on your definition of "not bad" and as long as you work hard, you deserve to take a break and enjoy your life with your cpf retirement funds.

Life is short, you should enjoy it.

To me 15k /mth is average. Anything below is considered lazy/ stupid people.

Unregistered 16-04-2023 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246373)
To me 15k /mth is average. Anything below is considered lazy/ stupid people.

I think more like S$10k/mth is average. Median income only S$4k plus isn't it?

Unregistered 17-04-2023 11:02 AM

Quote:

You are absolutely right. SG private and HDB markets have peaked. Too high. Should go down over the next few years. Good time to cash out.

Unregistered 17-04-2023 06:16 PM

Quote:

So true, you are very wise.

Respect.

Unregistered 18-04-2023 01:08 PM

Quote:

Downgrading from private property to HDB property is an early retirement strategy. I know of people doing that as they are able to profit a lot. For instance selling a landed property for $3 million and then buy a HDB flat for $500k. They will profit $2.5 mil which they can use to enjoy life traveling first class and staying in 5 star hotels. Smart people.

Unregistered 18-04-2023 06:07 PM

Quote:

Very smart and intelligent decision.

For example you can sell your condo or even keep it and earn rent money upwards 10k a month. If you sell you will get lots of capital and you can enjoy life with family as a millionaire.

Sell condo for 3 million, buy a landed house in Thailand for 100k, that is a 2.9m profit, well done.

Unregistered 19-04-2023 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246391)
I think more like S$10k/mth is average. Median income only S$4k plus isn't it?

For c10 at citi?