Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

How much are you earning per annum?

Old 29-10-2013, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
issit true u r more likely to have weird/unreasonable neighbours if u live in a HDB flat (as compared to living in a condo) ?
For newer estate like Sengkang Punggol not so bad, but the older ones high chance of problem neighbours as many are low income / sublet to foreign workers.

Old 29-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Please don't look down on HDB people, I believe your ancestors also used to be poor and living in a flat. I myself upgraded after I sold my Queenstown HDB flat for $900k and bought a $1m condo (paid in full) in the Upper Bukit Timah district. My family and I are far from those behaviour you described.
$1mil condo!? LOL even a Woodlands 1000 sqft condo cost more.

Must be a small studio near Bukit Gombak side trying to mislead by saying "Upper Bukit Timah district"

Old 29-10-2013, 06:38 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Please don't look down on HDB people, I believe your ancestors also used to be poor and living in a flat. I myself upgraded after I sold my Queenstown HDB flat for $900k and bought a $1m condo (paid in full) in the Upper Bukit Timah district. My family and I are far from those behaviour you described.
Ok, stop telling people u sold ur $900k flat and bought a $1m condo in Upper Bukit Timah. We know. Juz dun be so naive to think that juz because u own a $1m condo, u now have class and people look up to u! Pls! It is nothing! But you are not the worst. The worst is the guy who posted the below msgs! Wat a loser! Staying in a $1.4m condo which was bought at$600k and looking down on pple who live in HDB saying they low class and he is of higher social status! Wat a joker! He is one of those tat the earlier poster was talking about! Crass and shallow new condo dweller. Disgusting!

Quote:
You're a sore loser. Even though he earns lesser than you, he is richer than you since he owns a condo in a upper class location, paid up in full. Btw, you're still living in public housing, abode for the lower income group. Low class.
Quote:
As long as you stay in public housing, you're a nobody, no matter how much you claim you earn. The guy who is earning less than you but owns a fully paid condo is more successful than you as he lives in a condo, whereas you do not.
Quote:
You can babble until the cows come home, the universal fact is living in a condo is definitely of higher social status than living in a flat. Ask your MIL and she will definitely agree.

Old 30-10-2013, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

A condominium is the most desired "C" of all Singaporeans' 5 "C"s. If you can afford a condo, you have made it to the upper class of society. Every successful person, especially graduates, would want to own a condo as it is a symbol of success and prestige. Some in this forum gave reasons of why a condo is not attractive, these are just excuses for their inability to achieve.

While we should not look down at HDB flat dwellers, we should also not feel jealous and talk bad about those who have made it. I started off with a HDB flat and after working hard, saving hard and investing hard, I now manage to buy a condo at the age of 46. But I did not take a big loan. I only take a loan of 30% of my condo price and I can service the loan with my CPF without having to pay cash. I am very happy to have finally achieved the ultimate "C". I am indeed a success, someone my relatives can look up to since I am the only person in my family living in a condo.
Old 30-10-2013, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
A condominium is the most desired "C" of all Singaporeans' 5 "C"s. If you can afford a condo, you have made it to the upper class of society. Every successful person, especially graduates, would want to own a condo as it is a symbol of success and prestige. Some in this forum gave reasons of why a condo is not attractive, these are just excuses for their inability to achieve.

While we should not look down at HDB flat dwellers, we should also not feel jealous and talk bad about those who have made it. I started off with a HDB flat and after working hard, saving hard and investing hard, I now manage to buy a condo at the age of 46. But I did not take a big loan. I only take a loan of 30% of my condo price and I can service the loan with my CPF without having to pay cash. I am very happy to have finally achieved the ultimate "C". I am indeed a success, someone my relatives can look up to since I am the only person in my family living in a condo.
shallow hal
Old 30-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
A condominium is the most desired "C" of all Singaporeans' 5 "C"s. If you can afford a condo, you have made it to the upper class of society. Every successful person, especially graduates, would want to own a condo as it is a symbol of success and prestige. Some in this forum gave reasons of why a condo is not attractive, these are just excuses for their inability to achieve.*

Wah, you are one delusional dude! Owning a condo means you have made it to the upper class of society? Haha! Then wat do you call people living in landed property and dun have to work for a living? U are at most middle-class in terms of ur assets not ur mindset. If we're talking about ur mindset, I think it shld be at poverty level! Like so many pple here have been trying to tell you.....you can't buy class! Get it?*

And pple dun want to buy condo is a choice not excuses for their inability to achieve! U are 46 yr old b4 u got ur condo, nowadays any decent graduate couple in their 30s could afford a condo already. So wat does this say abt ur ability to achieve? Nobody is jealous of your puny "achievement" in fact they are having a good laugh at ur shallowness. Oh yah, u are the only one in ur family staying in a condo? Says a lot on ur family doesn't it?

The pple here are only trying to let u know the cold hard truth that it is not such a great achievement now even if u stay in a condo! Not looking down on u or anything, just wanna let u know so tat u dun become so big-headed!*

One last thing, make up ur mind! Have u paid in full or took up 30% loan? Get ur story straight b4 making stories here lah!*

To those who think I'm being harsh, sorry but u need to be harsh to knock some sense of reality into such delusional fellows. Truth hurts!*

Old 30-10-2013, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

most people see living in a condo as a destination in life...some folks worked their whole life just to fulfill that dream.. it's an achievement.. no doubt about it.. but not that big when you realise you are still trapped in the rat race...

but I would rather look at it differently.. key is not about owning any C... it's about being financially free..
Old 30-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

What a broad and sweeping statement and shallow observation.

Let me share my sweeping and broad observation. The later generations of condo owners bought their condos at much higher prices than the earlier generations. This means that the later generations condo owners are by and larger richer and also more educated. They are more in tune with tech development and progress and thus expected more.

When we, the newer condo owners wanted improvements and upgrading in our condo to keep up with the times, the older condo owner kpkb, resisting us at every turn. In my mind I was thinking, why dont they just go and stay in HDB if they just want to stay in their units all the time and not have better facilities?

The older generation condo owners also are very envious of new comers owning multiple cars, some even go to the extent of using old furnitures to block up car park lots. Unbelievable.

Quote:
I've been living in condo all my life and I've noticed something. People who live in condo in the past are more gracious. They do not think they are more atas and treat the security guards, cleaners as well as the mgmt staff with respect and would be polite to them. They would also try to clean up the facilities after using them for example the BBQ pit. But now, with the many of the upgraders, I've seen a total change. How do I recognize them? By the way they behave. These are the people who talk down to the cleaners and security guards and scream and shout at them over small small issues. They also invite a lot of their relatives to make use of the facilities and to show off. But the problem is that these pple leave a mess after using the facilities and do not bother to help clean up. Inconsiderate! Just proves that money can't buy you class! I think the two posters who keep looking down on pple who live in flats belong to the latter group of condo dwellers. Crass and shallow. Just because we live in condo doesn't mean we are so superior to others. Understand?*shake head*

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 30-10-2013, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
What a broad and sweeping statement and shallow observation.

Let me share my sweeping and broad observation. The later generations of condo owners bought their condos at much higher prices than the earlier generations. This means that the later generations condo owners are by and larger richer and also more educated. They are more in tune with tech development and progress and thus expected more.

When we, the newer condo owners wanted improvements and upgrading in our condo to keep up with the times, the older condo owner kpkb, resisting us at every turn. In my mind I was thinking, why dont they just go and stay in HDB if they just want to stay in their units all the time and not have better facilities?

The older generation condo owners also are very envious of new comers owning multiple cars, some even go to the extent of using old furnitures to block up car park lots. Unbelievable.
Haha! Think you are richer just cos you bought a condo at a higher price and have multiple cars? Fact is you only got yourself into more debt? Duh!

Many of the older generation condo dwellers are actually owners of several FULLY PAID properties! You think they've been idle all these while after they got their first condo? You wanna compare with them? Come on they already have a huge headstart considering they bought their properties at a much lower price and can sell at much higher profit. They are not envious of ur cars lah, if they wanted to they can buy more than u! Why upgraders always think people jealous of them?

Old people will definitely resist change! When u grow old, u will be the same. In the first place, why u go buy a property that needs to be upgraded? Should have looked ard properly b4 u bought.

Anyway, since u live in a condo, have to abide by the majority rules lor. The older gen people can resist but majority agrees, also nothing they can do wat.

End of the day, if they use the furniture to block car park lots, juz get the MA of MC to clear lor. Need to kpkb meh? But seriously lah, I have not seen people using furniture to block car park lots in condo. Must be a unique feature of ur condo.
Old 30-10-2013, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

Clearly, there is a sore loser in this forum who is jealous of people who are successful in owning a condo. He should just get a second job and save more money rather than spending time in this forum feeling bitter.