How much are you earning per annum? - Page 304 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3031 (permalink)  
Old 29-10-2013, 09:11 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Me, 50, $70k pa. Wife, 48, $60k pa.
Lives in a 4 room HDB flat in Jurong East. No more mortgage loan.
Our retirement plan - rent out our two spare rooms to FTs (maybe nurses at the new hospital) at $800 per month per room plus payout from CPF Life $1000 per month each plus two children's contribution $800 per month in total ($400 each). So total retirement income for me and wife is $4400. Lessons learnt - need to own your home for retirement rental income, need to have good children to contribute, need to have forced savings in CPF. Our retirement income of $52,800 pa should be sufficient as we just need money for food, utilities, health care and public transport. No need to be a millionaire to retire comfortably.

Reply With Quote
  #3032 (permalink)  
Old 29-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I've been living in condo all my life and I've noticed something. People who live in condo in the past are more gracious. They do not think they are more atas and treat the security guards, cleaners as well as the mgmt staff with respect and would be polite to them. They would also try to clean up the facilities after using them for example the BBQ pit. But now, with the many of the upgraders, I've seen a total change. How do I recognize them? By the way they behave. These are the people who talk down to the cleaners and security guards and scream and shout at them over small small issues. They also invite a lot of their relatives to make use of the facilities and to show off. But the problem is that these pple leave a mess after using the facilities and do not bother to help clean up. Inconsiderate! Just proves that money can't buy you class! I think the two posters who keep looking down on pple who live in flats belong to the latter group of condo dwellers. Crass and shallow. Just because we live in condo doesn't mean we are so superior to others. Understand?*shake head*

Reply With Quote
  #3033 (permalink)  
Old 29-10-2013, 12:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 50
lordlad is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I've been living in condo all my life and I've noticed something. People who live in condo in the past are more gracious. They do not think they are more atas and treat the security guards, cleaners as well as the mgmt staff with respect and would be polite to them. They would also try to clean up the facilities after using them for example the BBQ pit. But now, with the many of the upgraders, I've seen a total change. How do I recognize them? By the way they behave. These are the people who talk down to the cleaners and security guards and scream and shout at them over small small issues. They also invite a lot of their relatives to make use of the facilities and to show off. But the problem is that these pple leave a mess after using the facilities and do not bother to help clean up. Inconsiderate! Just proves that money can't buy you class! I think the two posters who keep looking down on pple who live in flats belong to the latter group of condo dwellers. Crass and shallow. Just because we live in condo doesn't mean we are so superior to others. Understand?*shake head*
Where's the like button for this comment?

I know how you feel. This is similiar to those driving porsche or Ferrari or those sports luxury cars, that liked to pump their engine loudly......like trying to announce to the world they owned a sports car. We get it you owned a sports car. We have eyes to see. There's no need for my make sure a big fuss.

Reply With Quote
  #3034 (permalink)  
Old 29-10-2013, 01:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I've been living in condo all my life and I've noticed something. People who live in condo in the past are more gracious. They do not think they are more atas and treat the security guards, cleaners as well as the mgmt staff with respect and would be polite to them. They would also try to clean up the facilities after using them for example the BBQ pit. But now, with the many of the upgraders, I've seen a total change. How do I recognize them? By the way they behave. These are the people who talk down to the cleaners and security guards and scream and shout at them over small small issues. They also invite a lot of their relatives to make use of the facilities and to show off. But the problem is that these pple leave a mess after using the facilities and do not bother to help clean up. Inconsiderate! Just proves that money can't buy you class! I think the two posters who keep looking down on pple who live in flats belong to the latter group of condo dwellers. Crass and shallow. Just because we live in condo doesn't mean we are so superior to others. Understand?*shake head*
In my condo I saw a PRC resident let his grandchild pangsai on a grass patch...like a dog.
Reply With Quote
  #3035 (permalink)  
Old 29-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Me, 50, $70k pa. Wife, 48, $60k pa.
Lives in a 4 room HDB flat in Jurong East. No more mortgage loan.
Our retirement plan - rent out our two spare rooms to FTs (maybe nurses at the new hospital) at $800 per month per room plus payout from CPF Life $1000 per month each plus two children's contribution $800 per month in total ($400 each). So total retirement income for me and wife is $4400. Lessons learnt - need to own your home for retirement rental income, need to have good children to contribute, need to have forced savings in CPF. Our retirement income of $52,800 pa should be sufficient as we just need money for food, utilities, health care and public transport. No need to be a millionaire to retire comfortably.
it's about making choices. plan is a plan and there's still need to prepare for the worst.
good children or not.. is out of question.. why should we be depending on contributions from our children?
Reply With Quote
  #3036 (permalink)  
Old 29-10-2013, 03:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Looks like a good plan to me. You are lucky to own a flat in JE, the Jurong Lake District (JLD) development will boost Jurong rentals and property values higher. There will be many FTs and expats working there. My retirement plan is to sell my landed in Bukit Timah and then buy a one bedroom condo near the Lakeside MRT station. I like the Jurong Lake as I can jog around the lake, also the area is very windy. I will have about $2.5m cash to invest to generate monthly dividends for me and wife. We plan to retire in 4 years time when we reach 65.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Me, 50, $70k pa. Wife, 48, $60k pa.
Lives in a 4 room HDB flat in Jurong East. No more mortgage loan.
Our retirement plan - rent out our two spare rooms to FTs (maybe nurses at the new hospital) at $800 per month per room plus payout from CPF Life $1000 per month each plus two children's contribution $800 per month in total ($400 each). So total retirement income for me and wife is $4400. Lessons learnt - need to own your home for retirement rental income, need to have good children to contribute, need to have forced savings in CPF. Our retirement income of $52,800 pa should be sufficient as we just need money for food, utilities, health care and public transport. No need to be a millionaire to retire comfortably.
Reply With Quote

  #3037 (permalink)  
Old 29-10-2013, 04:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I've been living in condo all my life and I've noticed something. People who live in condo in the past are more gracious. They do not think they are more atas and treat the security guards, cleaners as well as the mgmt staff with respect and would be polite to them. They would also try to clean up the facilities after using them for example the BBQ pit. But now, with the many of the upgraders, I've seen a total change. How do I recognize them? By the way they behave. These are the people who talk down to the cleaners and security guards and scream and shout at them over small small issues. They also invite a lot of their relatives to make use of the facilities and to show off. But the problem is that these pple leave a mess after using the facilities and do not bother to help clean up. Inconsiderate! Just proves that money can't buy you class! I think the two posters who keep looking down on pple who live in flats belong to the latter group of condo dwellers. Crass and shallow. Just because we live in condo doesn't mean we are so superior to others. Understand?*shake head*
These new condo peeps are nothing more than just average HDB people living in an expensive home fueled by cheap credit.
Reply With Quote
  #3038 (permalink)  
Old 29-10-2013, 05:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
These new condo peeps are nothing more than just average HDB people living in an expensive home fueled by cheap credit.
Please don't look down on HDB people, I believe your ancestors also used to be poor and living in a flat. I myself upgraded after I sold my Queenstown HDB flat for $900k and bought a $1m condo (paid in full) in the Upper Bukit Timah district. My family and I are far from those behaviour you described.
Reply With Quote
  #3039 (permalink)  
Old 29-10-2013, 05:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

issit true u r more likely to have weird/unreasonable neighbours if u live in a HDB flat (as compared to living in a condo) ?


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #3040 (permalink)  
Old 29-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
issit true u r more likely to have weird/unreasonable neighbours if u live in a HDB flat (as compared to living in a condo) ?
yes of course. if HDB is so good, nobody will stay in private housing.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 25 23-04-2021 10:40 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,299 Replies, 2,419,030 Views
Civil Service Current Estimated... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
125 Replies, 204,575 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
441 Replies, 162,238 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,623 Replies, 3,508,589 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,223 Replies, 8,924,701 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,784 Replies, 963,107 Views
Jumping into the tech private... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
36 Replies, 6,416 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
467 Replies, 242,814 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,157 Replies, 256,597 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
960 Replies, 632,845 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
17,154 Replies, 6,455,620 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,061 Replies, 377,349 Views
Changi Airport Group ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
458 Replies, 457,673 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,158 Replies, 571,254 Views
Official 2022 Retrechment thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
87 Replies, 10,103 Views
Bnp paribas graduate ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
190 Replies, 99,894 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,799 Replies, 848,729 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,178 Replies, 858,195 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
632 Replies, 159,850 Views
Open Government Products (under... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 1,369 Views
2022 Full time/Summer internship... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 2,536 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,064 Replies, 2,939,120 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
514 Replies, 143,848 Views
Alibaba
1 Replies, 302 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,603 Replies, 2,028,579 Views
Polytechnic lecturer salary range ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 79,392 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
231 Replies, 253,210 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,972 Replies, 1,925,330 Views
Band 4 and Band 5 in Standard... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
49 Replies, 70,388 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,613 Replies, 3,099,256 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2