How much are you earning per annum? - Page 289 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2881 (permalink)  
Old 20-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Bro u are not poor , me more poor living in jurong hdb with mother.

Me annual salary only $41K ,wife annual 23K living with mum and have a boy every month no money saved in the bank , sometime no money to eat lunch also , I'm almost 40 bank book never more then $100 after paying all the bill .


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
46, annual salary $53k. Wife, 35, annual salary $36k.
We are a poor family, living in a 3 room BTO flat.
Any advice how can I earn more? Some people say become property agent.
Is this good? Or shall I just stay in my current boring but stable job?
I only have poly diploma.
For those who are earning $250k, how did you do it?

Reply With Quote
  #2882 (permalink)  
Old 20-09-2013, 10:50 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Me annual salary only $41K ,wife annual 23K living with mum and have a boy every month no money saved in the bank , sometime no money to eat lunch also , I'm almost 40 bank book never more then $100 after paying all the bill .
You and your wife earn a combined salary of $5k a month. Can you share the breakdown of your monthly expenses? Maybe we can discuss to see how we can reduce our monthly expenditures. Thanks.

Reply With Quote
  #2883 (permalink)  
Old 20-09-2013, 10:51 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

29 yo male

110k pa all-in

50+k in CPF OA

not planning to get married. hope to buy my own condo and car within the next 3-5 yrs

Reply With Quote
  #2884 (permalink)  
Old 20-09-2013, 11:04 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
29 yo male

110k pa all-in

50+k in CPF OA

not planning to get married. hope to buy my own condo and car within the next 3-5 yrs
Why are you not getting married and have kids? How will our country's future be?

If we have too many singles and gays, then we will need to bring in more FTs to work here.
Reply With Quote
  #2885 (permalink)  
Old 20-09-2013, 03:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You and your wife earn a combined salary of $5k a month. Can you share the breakdown of your monthly expenses? Maybe we can discuss to see how we can reduce our monthly expenditures. Thanks.
Both of us after CPF take home around $3800 per month.

PUB Bill - $200
Singtel Bill -$240
Boy school fees include drawing class, maths class and swimming lesson around -$550
whole family cook/eat at home expenses around $400
AIA -$300
Car which (wanted to sell away) instalment /Petrol about $1200
Food for myself -$120
Wife transport + food $150
Give my Mum - $400

Left around $240 for both of us to spend for the whole month .
Reply With Quote
  #2886 (permalink)  
Old 20-09-2013, 03:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Both of us after CPF take home around $3800 per month.

PUB Bill - $200
Singtel Bill -$240
Boy school fees include drawing class, maths class and swimming lesson around -$550
whole family cook/eat at home expenses around $400
AIA -$300
Car which (wanted to sell away) instalment /Petrol about $1200
Food for myself -$120
Wife transport + food $150
Give my Mum - $400

Left around $240 for both of us to spend for the whole month .
It's the car. Quickly sell it while there's still a good market.
Reply With Quote

  #2887 (permalink)  
Old 20-09-2013, 04:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It's the car. Quickly sell it while there's still a good market.
I wish to sell away the car but I still need to pay the finance company about $4800 which I don't have the cash now .
Reply With Quote
  #2888 (permalink)  
Old 20-09-2013, 04:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I wish to sell away the car but I still need to pay the finance company about $4800 which I don't have the cash now .
You shouldn't have bought the car in the first place.

Your household income of 5k is not sufficient, especially when you have a kid.

I don't think you need to top your for your loan unless you bought in late 2009 onwards. Cars bought before the spike in COE are selling at profits.

What is your car btw?
Reply With Quote
  #2889 (permalink)  
Old 20-09-2013, 04:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I wish to sell away the car but I still need to pay the finance company about $4800 which I don't have the cash now .
Anyway, try to borrow from friends/relatives to pay off the 4.8k if you can. Then repay the 4.8k loan in 4 months, from the 1.2k saved by selling the car.

Otherwise, you will never have enough money.
Reply With Quote
  #2890 (permalink)  
Old 20-09-2013, 05:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You shouldn't have bought the car in the first place.

Your household income of 5k is not sufficient, especially when you have a kid.

I don't think you need to top your for your loan unless you bought in late 2009 onwards. Cars bought before the spike in COE are selling at profits.

What is your car btw?
I brought the 2nd hand car is due to my new job needs me to move around to do sales , who knows I only stay at the company for around six months, and found this current job which pay much lower , in the result I'm stuck with the car till now lor .

My car is Honda Fit .
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 25 23-04-2021 10:40 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,859 Replies, 1,546,692 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,824 Replies, 2,467,933 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,881 Replies, 1,495,802 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,985 Replies, 5,271,435 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,481 Replies, 2,477,200 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
182 Replies, 235,452 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
834 Replies, 442,052 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,978 Replies, 4,810,875 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,476 Replies, 12,747,572 Views
Civil Service Current Estimated... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
189 Replies, 322,664 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
939 Replies, 547,054 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,474 Replies, 3,541,847 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,418 Replies, 6,992,833 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,312 Replies, 669,573 Views
CIMB Apprentice 2024
0 Replies, 102 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,230 Replies, 3,885,411 Views
Dillema: University of Melbourne... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
65 Replies, 67,235 Views
Civil Servant Bonus Mid-2023 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
161 Replies, 163,124 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,594 Replies, 1,436,894 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,371 Replies, 1,192,695 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,269 Replies, 10,635,992 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,866 Replies, 1,617,963 Views
Work in SMU ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 6,980 Views
Anyone from Ministry of Social and... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 19,010 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
517 Replies, 280,160 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,432 Replies, 4,901,749 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,937 Replies, 2,956,927 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
144 Replies, 55,339 Views
Software Engineer 0-3 YOE pay? ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 23,208 Views
Should I take up the P/T...
1 Replies, 3,362 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2