Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How much are you earning per annum? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/831-how-much-you-earning-per-annum.html)

Unregistered 07-09-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 42125)
Looks like you don't love your kids. I rather sacrifice my living space for my kids' safety.

Yes, you are right. I don't.
I need to re-evaluate my thinking.

Unregistered 07-09-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 42130)
Yes, you are right. I don't.
I need to re-evaluate my thinking.

that post is obviously not from me but the previous guy with the shallow thinking prob.

Unregistered 07-09-2013 08:12 PM

I don't understand why some people got their priorities in life all wrong. Why expose the high safety risk of your family members? Why need to show off owning private properties? I used to own a bungalow and condo. Now I stay in a HDB flat after selling those. I use the money for my kids and charity. Life is short. You need to think of the hereafter. Work for paradise, you don't want to be near hellfire by all means.

Unregistered 07-09-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 42133)
I don't understand why some people got their priorities in life all wrong. Why expose the high safety risk of your family members? Why need to show off owning private properties? I used to own a bungalow and condo. Now I stay in a HDB flat after selling those. I use the money for my kids and charity. Life is short. You need to think of the hereafter. Work for paradise, you don't want to be near hellfire by all means.

You used to own private properties too. Pot calling kettle? :)

Unregistered 07-09-2013 11:37 PM

earn 4.8k public servant.
35 year

Unregistered 07-09-2013 11:39 PM

This thread is stupid. I can't believe it lasted this long?

You mean you guys seriously believe what people (anonymous) posted above about what they earn and are worth?

Unregistered 08-09-2013 09:36 AM

What's your problem? Such remarks are uncalled for.

If people want to write, share, boast, lie and whatnot, let them do it. It is at times entertaining, at times thought provoking. It is also an avenue to vent, make some comparison and laugh.

Everyone has a choice, including a choice of not reading.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 42144)
This thread is stupid. I can't believe it lasted this long?

You mean you guys seriously believe what people (anonymous) posted above about what they earn and are worth?

Unregistered 08-09-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 42142)
earn 4.8k public servant.
35 year

Congrats! That's a lot.

What's your profile like? How many children? Do you stay in a condominium? What's your net worth?

Unregistered 08-09-2013 10:45 PM

Sole bread winner:-
Annual Salaried income - S$125K After Tax before Bonus
Savings - S$ 60K per annum(exclude bonus)
Excluding passive incomes.

But somewhat i still feel that this amount of savings is still not enough in the fast paced singapore....

Unregistered 08-09-2013 11:26 PM

What age group you belong to? What about your net worth?

If you are still young (< 45 yr old) you still have time on your side to accumulate a healthy nest egg. Your savings of 50% for a single income family is admirable. Keep it up!

On the other hand, if you are >50, and your net worth is below $2.5m, it is normal to feel insecure.

A quick run with any financial calculator found on the Internet will show you that to retire at age 60 and to live for another 25 yrs, living on just $5k a month, with an eroding inflation of 3.5%, you will need $2.5m at least. If this sum includes your home, it means that by 85, you will be homeless and nothing to pass on to your children.

Single income families should be a thing of past generations. In these challenging times and highly educated population, both spouses should come out and work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 42172)
Sole bread winner:-
Annual Salaried income - S$125K After Tax before Bonus
Savings - S$ 60K per annum(exclude bonus)
Excluding passive incomes.

But somewhat i still feel that this amount of savings is still not enough in the fast paced singapore....