How much are you earning per annum? - Page 238 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2371 (permalink)  
Old 17-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
$3K monthly income may be the median but according to the latest report, the per capita income in Singapore is $65K pa. Quote from the report :-

"Singapore has one of the highest concentrations of millionaires relative to its population, but the city-state's per capita income of more than S$65,000 in 2012 masks a sharp income gap between the richest and poorest"

Per capita income mean income per person. So for a family of 4, that implies a household income of $260K pa.
Per capita income is GDP divided by population. This is in no way representative of salary and personal income. Please don't mislead.

Reply With Quote
  #2372 (permalink)  
Old 17-05-2013, 07:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
$260k sounds pretty high, I suspect the actual household income is closer to 200k.
I think a typical Singaporean family's annual income is more like $300k? And most own two or three condos? It this true? Can someone verify this?

Reply With Quote
  #2373 (permalink)  
Old 17-05-2013, 09:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think a typical Singaporean family's annual income is more like $300k? And most own two or three condos? It this true? Can someone verify this?
Directly from Salary.sg - Your Salary in Singapore :

"
The average monthly income of households living in condos is $19,026. For those families living in landed properties, the figure is $25,419. This is according to the Key Household Income Trends 2012 report published by the Singapore Department of Statistics.

The median monthly household income is now $7,570, up from $7,040 last year. If you and your spouse make a combined income of more than $7,570, your family is better off than half the households here.
"

Link:
Benchmark Your Household Income 2013 | Salary.sg - Your Salary in Singapore

Reply With Quote
  #2374 (permalink)  
Old 18-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think a typical Singaporean family's annual income is more like $300k? And most own two or three condos? It this true? Can someone verify this?
you are WRONG. I am in charge of stats and data shows typical family income is around 400k. It used to be condos, but now many own several houses.

Verified by me, stats expert.
Reply With Quote
  #2375 (permalink)  
Old 18-05-2013, 07:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
you are WRONG. I am in charge of stats and data shows typical family income is around 400k. It used to be condos, but now many own several houses.

Verified by me, stats expert.
You are both right and wrong. You are right for the area under your "charge" - the landed property areas and maybe district 10 & 11. The other areas, the HDB areas do not have this kind of household incomes. They are typically below $250k pa.
Reply With Quote
  #2376 (permalink)  
Old 18-05-2013, 09:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

wake up your idea UNDERSTAND !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
you are WRONG. I am in charge of stats and data shows typical family income is around 400k. It used to be condos, but now many own several houses.

Verified by me, stats expert.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote

  #2377 (permalink)  
Old 19-05-2013, 09:14 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

We are a couple in our early 40s. Earning a combined annual salary of $150,000.
We live in a HDB Executive flat in Queenstown (I believe it is worth $1.2m at least) and now plans to upgrade to a condo in Bukit Timah. We have managed to save $500,000 and will need to save another $500,000 before making the upgrade.
Reply With Quote
  #2378 (permalink)  
Old 19-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
We are a couple in our early 40s. Earning a combined annual salary of $150,000.
We live in a HDB Executive flat in Queenstown (I believe it is worth $1.2m at least) and now plans to upgrade to a condo in Bukit Timah. We have managed to save $500,000 and will need to save another $500,000 before making the upgrade.
Lucky for you. Owning a choice location HDB is like striking the lottery. The owners of Duxton place are already expecting above $1M for their 5 room apartments. It will be easy for them to upgrade to a condo.

Having lived in both HDBs and Condo, I can say that my quality of life has improved by leaps when I moved to the condo. My current condo comes with full facilities (usual gym, squash, tennis, basket ball court, 2 pools, BBQ pits and a sundry shop). Car park lots are also plentiful. Since we moved into the condo, my whole family are exercising more because of the convenience. I have also sold off my country club membership - as there is nothing I need that I cannot get from the condo.

I still cringed as I recalled the troubles we have to go through when getting the children ready for swimming in the public pool when we were living in HDB. After all the packing, and then driving to the pool, only to find the pool packed with people. The worse case was when we reached the pool, it started to rain spoiling the mood. It happened often enough that my children lost interest in swimming. Now we just have to look out our window, and its "let's go for a swim - the pool is clear".

We also enjoy the evening stroll in and around the condo premises. The nicely landscaped ground, the fountains and lighting really make you feel you are in a resort. Very relaxing... In fact when we first moved in, we didnt go for our regular year end holiday preferring to relax and enjoy the condo.
Reply With Quote
  #2379 (permalink)  
Old 19-05-2013, 01:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lucky for you. Owning a choice location HDB is like striking the lottery. The owners of Duxton place are already expecting above $1M for their 5 room apartments. It will be easy for them to upgrade to a condo.

Having lived in both HDBs and Condo, I can say that my quality of life has improved by leaps when I moved to the condo. My current condo comes with full facilities (usual gym, squash, tennis, basket ball court, 2 pools, BBQ pits and a sundry shop). Car park lots are also plentiful. Since we moved into the condo, my whole family are exercising more because of the convenience. I have also sold off my country club membership - as there is nothing I need that I cannot get from the condo.

I still cringed as I recalled the troubles we have to go through when getting the children ready for swimming in the public pool when we were living in HDB. After all the packing, and then driving to the pool, only to find the pool packed with people. The worse case was when we reached the pool, it started to rain spoiling the mood. It happened often enough that my children lost interest in swimming. Now we just have to look out our window, and its "let's go for a swim - the pool is clear".

We also enjoy the evening stroll in and around the condo premises. The nicely landscaped ground, the fountains and lighting really make you feel you are in a resort. Very relaxing... In fact when we first moved in, we didnt go for our regular year end holiday preferring to relax and enjoy the condo.
You are behind times. The trend in SG now is semi-d & bungalows
Reply With Quote
  #2380 (permalink)  
Old 19-05-2013, 10:40 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Single bread winner, family of four. Annual salary only $50k. 46 years old.
Live in a 4 room HDB flat, fully paid. No car. Life is quite a struggle. Not easy to raise a family. Is my family considered among the poor here? Are there anywhere I can get financial assitance. Advice is much appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 25 23-04-2021 10:40 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,772 Replies, 4,637,410 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,643 Replies, 7,366,397 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,086 Replies, 2,532,887 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 1,652 Views
How is HTX Associate Programme... ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 7,312 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,023 Replies, 526,166 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
249 Replies, 111,557 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,016 Replies, 2,511,731 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,701 Replies, 4,363,127 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,787 Replies, 1,419,062 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
737 Replies, 201,912 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,718 Replies, 1,293,319 Views
Breaking the Letter Of Commitment... ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 26,381 Views
Process Engineer Salary
3 Replies, 5,157 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,914 Replies, 1,759,134 Views
Maybe it's rosy after all
1 Replies, 1,553 Views
Best-paying jobs in the US
1 Replies, 2,786 Views
Bad for dragon babies
1 Replies, 2,213 Views
NTU graduates starting pay
1 Replies, 5,427 Views
IT salary benchmark
1 Replies, 2,452 Views
Income tax child relief
1 Replies, 2,034 Views
Best paying jobs: Executive
2 Replies, 3,308 Views
Secret of Singapore's success
1 Replies, 1,836 Views
Get out of engineering
1 Replies, 2,529 Views
Top paying industry
1 Replies, 3,328 Views
Median income by age group
1 Replies, 8,093 Views
IT Salary Benchmarks
2 Replies, 1,592 Views
Salary Increment to be 5.2%
1 Replies, 3,668 Views
Millionaire Hawkers
3 Replies, 2,468 Views
Income Percentile
8 Replies, 2,706 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2