Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

How much are you earning per annum?

Old 13-05-2013, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiseman1 View Post
Dont be a clown like the rest of the sillyporeans. Are there ready buyers for your properties??? I can also say my properties are worth millions, these are meaningless numbers unless there are buyers knocking on your doors (not dodgy property agents who try to secure your biz by promising you sky high prices with no substance)

Always Remember: Juz because someone else can find a sucker willing to buy his house at a price which allows him to make 200% profit does not mean you would be just as lucky. The debt with the bank is real, but the promise of high selling prices and fat profits are mirages unless buyers are queueing at your doors.

This is a fatal mistake which I see a lot of Sillyporeans are committing, over leverage in properties dreaming of imaginery sucker buyers...what if you cant find that sucker???
The rental pays well too?

Old 13-05-2013, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Dont be a clown like the rest of the sillyporeans. Are there ready buyers for your properties??? I can also say my properties are worth millions, these are meaningless numbers unless there are buyers knocking on your doors (not dodgy property agents who try to secure your biz by promising you sky high prices with no substance)

Always Remember: Juz because someone else can find a sucker willing to buy his house at a price which allows him to make 200% profit does not mean you would be just as lucky. The debt with the bank is real, but the promise of high selling prices and fat profits are mirages unless buyers are queueing at your doors.

This is a fatal mistake which I see a lot of Sillyporeans are committing, over leverage in properties dreaming of imaginery sucker buyers...what if you cant find that sucker???
Stupid sore loser, MTB.

Old 13-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Relak lah, no need to resort to name calling. I thought it was important to recognize that the new normal to dealing with looming economic crises was to just pump in more money. As long as the big economies are doing this, the rest of us better know how to better deploy our cash.

Put them into assets (stocks, properties, or what have you) that can keep pace with QE induced inflation. Holding property in tiny Singapore over the long term may be one answer.

Also the "claims" by the omelet flipper are quite credible. He bought his first condo 5 yrs ago, in 2008 - the start of Lehman crisis. Property prices were definitely lower then. His 2nd property bought 3 yrs ago possibly from the developer at launch could have come with discounts. By just accounting for the discount, the property value would be 10% higher.

Finally your uncalled for outburst gave people the impression that:
1. You have been burnt by property investment before
2. You have missed the boat to invest in property, now can't afford to do so with all the CM in place
3. You are jealous

Old 14-05-2013, 09:58 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

You sound like a few of my less intelligent colleagues (mainly FTs from 3rd world countries).
These guys don't know much about our country nor about the global financial system. When we had the crisis in 2008, I bought a condo in Orchard area at a distressed price. I told them to buy other condos selling at fire sale prices but they were afraid.

Now after the global crisis recovered, prices shot up and they keep saying prices will crash again. I just smiled. The condo I bought is now worth $1m more than the price I paid. My best performing investment so far. The rental yield (based on my purchase price) is 7% and it is fully paid up now.
Old 14-05-2013, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

Been flipping property for past 5 years and made $2.8mil in the process, but with the current downturn I have transfered all my profits into diversified bond funds. They now generate ~$120k interest p.a.

I find it funny people in sg will work OT, lick balls, play politics just to get that pathetic few months of bonus and 20-30% increase when big money can be made with little effort in trading properties.
Old 14-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Been flipping property for past 5 years and made $2.8mil in the process, but with the current downturn I have transfered all my profits into diversified bond funds. They now generate ~$120k interest p.a.

I find it funny people in sg will work OT, lick balls, play politics just to get that pathetic few months of bonus and 20-30% increase when big money can be made with little effort in trading properties.

lol another troll..

Old 14-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

property is the way to go
Old 15-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

I will be turning 40 this year. Been in a low paying job all these years. When I read this forum, I get demoralized as many here earn at least $100k pa, whereas I'm earning only $50k pa. I'm also jealous of the property flipping stories shared my many rich people here. I can't even dream of that as most of my pay went towards paying bills after bills. Don't have much in the bank for a downpayment for a condo. I can only dream of upgrading from my 3 room flat to a 5 room flat. Many of my friends are living either in a condo or a landed property. Wondering whether I should take up a second job, such as part time taxi driving, to enable me to save to upgrade to a condo. Can someone advise what I should do? I want to live in a condo to match up with my friends.
Old 15-05-2013, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I will be turning 40 this year. Been in a low paying job all these years. When I read this forum, I get demoralized as many here earn at least $100k pa, whereas I'm earning only $50k pa. I'm also jealous of the property flipping stories shared my many rich people here. I can't even dream of that as most of my pay went towards paying bills after bills. Don't have much in the bank for a downpayment for a condo. I can only dream of upgrading from my 3 room flat to a 5 room flat. Many of my friends are living either in a condo or a landed property. Wondering whether I should take up a second job, such as part time taxi driving, to enable me to save to upgrade to a condo. Can someone advise what I should do? I want to live in a condo to match up with my friends.
Bro - Toto this Friday $5M. May the Force be with us!
Old 15-05-2013, 09:18 PM
BigTime

I currently earn north of 850k annually. but am still very unhappy because my colleagues earn at least 1 mil for the same amt of work. sad life At least I have leave next week to Paris for a fortnight...can get to shake leg abit and catch up with my french kakis and lim french kopi!

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app