How much are you earning per annum? - Page 202 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2011 (permalink)  
Old 15-10-2012, 02:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Quite low for your age, better save up more...
yeap. not very accomplished. I myself have a net worth of 500k and I'm just a year older than you

Reply With Quote
  #2012 (permalink)  
Old 15-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

What for? Because I know I'd never become ultra rich in my lifetime considering I'm just an ordinary Singaporean... must as well enjoy it now when I can.

If I buy the car when I'm older = nobody gives a damn. If I buy the car when I'm young... I get much more attention. Take for instance last Friday was inter-department sports day and we went badminton. I drove my colleagues there.

The other department team also drove there. Felt really proud when we got out in the BM and they got out from the Nissan. Especially when my crush is in their dept

Moments like this... totally worth the $200k! But when it comes to the monthly bank statement.... I'd rather not open the envelope. Ignorance is bliss. Enjoying it while it lasts!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what for ? living in 'haolian' looking rich on the surface, but bank little$$, y not you take taxi every day to work(best is by mrt/bus/walk), use the 200k to invest in dividend stock....at least got passion income of $1000/mth just from dividend......go google dividendwarrior.blogspot....


Reply With Quote
  #2013 (permalink)  
Old 15-10-2012, 07:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What for? Because I know I'd never become ultra rich in my lifetime considering I'm just an ordinary Singaporean... must as well enjoy it now when I can.

If I buy the car when I'm older = nobody gives a damn. If I buy the car when I'm young... I get much more attention. Take for instance last Friday was inter-department sports day and we went badminton. I drove my colleagues there.

The other department team also drove there. Felt really proud when we got out in the BM and they got out from the Nissan. Especially when my crush is in their dept

Moments like this... totally worth the $200k! But when it comes to the monthly bank statement.... I'd rather not open the envelope. Ignorance is bliss. Enjoying it while it lasts!
...you have really screwed up priorities, its true that saving up is pointless if you dont spend or if the currency tanks but splurging on a brand when a normal car could serve the purpose is really a sign of low self esteem than high status. Splurge on food, entertainment could bring you more joy

Reply With Quote
  #2014 (permalink)  
Old 15-10-2012, 09:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Well done, enjoy while it last.

I'm like you, don't earn much. Only $200k pa. I drive a Porche.

Many girlfriends.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What for? Because I know I'd never become ultra rich in my lifetime considering I'm just an ordinary Singaporean... must as well enjoy it now when I can.

If I buy the car when I'm older = nobody gives a damn. If I buy the car when I'm young... I get much more attention. Take for instance last Friday was inter-department sports day and we went badminton. I drove my colleagues there.

The other department team also drove there. Felt really proud when we got out in the BM and they got out from the Nissan. Especially when my crush is in their dept

Moments like this... totally worth the $200k! But when it comes to the monthly bank statement.... I'd rather not open the envelope. Ignorance is bliss. Enjoying it while it lasts!
Reply With Quote
  #2015 (permalink)  
Old 16-10-2012, 01:48 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well done, enjoy while it last.

I'm like you, don't earn much. Only $200k pa. I drive a Porche.

Many girlfriends.
How do you drive a porch?
Reply With Quote
  #2016 (permalink)  
Old 16-10-2012, 08:25 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default looks like ur pride is worth >200k then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The other department team also drove there. Felt really proud when we got out in the BM and they got out from the Nissan. Especially when my crush is in their dept

Moments like this... totally worth the $200k! But when it comes to the monthly bank statement.... I'd rather not open the envelope. Ignorance is bliss. Enjoying it while it lasts!
how old are you, little boy? You won't feel the same in 10 yrs from now when the guy driving the nissan accidentally spill the beans that he worth a few million in investments while u threw away all ur money on the BM, which btw is damn expensive to maintain. The car is only worth 200k if u used the car to get biz worth >200k. Now u paying 200k for your own pride. stupid. grow up. i am a millionaire , but i drive a 15 y.o nissan. cheap and good. i still wear shirts that are > 10 y.o.
Reply With Quote

  #2017 (permalink)  
Old 16-10-2012, 08:27 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How do you drive a porch?
while sitting in a porch chair la. goondu!
Reply With Quote
  #2018 (permalink)  
Old 16-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Nobody knows what will happen in 10 yrs. With my monthly salary.. I know I'd probably never stay in landed property or anything fancy.

Driving a BM in 10 yrs time will not be anything to be proud off. But driving one now..... when your friends are still taking public transport... makes me feel very happy. Just an inexplainable happy feeling. Have you ever felt excited walking to the carpark? Have you every secretly wanted colleagues to ask you for a lift? I try not to appear so... but I am secretly happy when people ask / find out what I drive.

Most of my friends think I'm top performer in my job to be able to afford and I feel very successful at this stage. For those that can afford... you MUST try this out once in your life. If not you'd forever be thinking back.....

It is really not alot if you take 7 year loan. If you are single and have no housing commitments.. $4.2k pm you can pull this off with 1-2years saving as initial downpayment... I've no regret taking the plunge


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how old are you, little boy? You won't feel the same in 10 yrs from now when the guy driving the nissan accidentally spill the beans that he worth a few million in investments while u threw away all ur money on the BM, which btw is damn expensive to maintain. The car is only worth 200k if u used the car to get biz worth >200k. Now u paying 200k for your own pride. stupid. grow up. i am a millionaire , but i drive a 15 y.o nissan. cheap and good. i still wear shirts that are > 10 y.o.
Reply With Quote
  #2019 (permalink)  
Old 16-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Nobody knows what will happen in 10 yrs. With my monthly salary.. I know I'd probably never stay in landed property or anything fancy.

Driving a BM in 10 yrs time will not be anything to be proud off. But driving one now..... when your friends are still taking public transport... makes me feel very happy. Just an inexplainable happy feeling. Have you ever felt excited walking to the carpark? Have you every secretly wanted colleagues to ask you for a lift? I try not to appear so... but I am secretly happy when people ask / find out what I drive.

Most of my friends think I'm top performer in my job to be able to afford and I feel very successful at this stage. For those that can afford... you MUST try this out once in your life. If not you'd forever be thinking back.....

It is really not alot if you take 7 year loan. If you are single and have no housing commitments.. $4.2k pm you can pull this off with 1-2years saving as initial downpayment... I've no regret taking the plunge
Anyone who is impressed by a BM in this day & age is probably just a low level non-managerial worker at the bottom end of the society, dun really see the point in taking on big debt & risk just to impress people at this level!? But then I guess its your life & your choice after all...
Reply With Quote
  #2020 (permalink)  
Old 16-10-2012, 05:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

50, $145k pa, finance
Terrace worth $2m, fully paid
2 condos, worth $2m, 50% loan
Continental car, fully paid
Big holiday, twice a year
Cash $1m
CPF and stocks $1m

I'm an underperformer among my friends :-(
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 23 06-08-2017 05:46 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Aircraft Maintenance License and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
642 Replies, 468,054 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,837 Replies, 1,713,353 Views
Commercial Affairs Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
109 Replies, 87,327 Views
How much to ask for starting pay... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
106 Replies, 11,014 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,378 Replies, 1,980,584 Views
Big Four Promotion/Bonus/Incr... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
32 Replies, 7,080 Views
ITE lecturer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
139 Replies, 129,839 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
882 Replies, 455,183 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
222 Replies, 217,974 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,056 Replies, 2,952,060 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,106 Replies, 1,317,314 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
127 Replies, 30,858 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
267 Replies, 174,834 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
152 Replies, 19,840 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
419 Replies, 308,401 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,542 Replies, 1,085,081 Views
UBS Graduate Talent Program ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 24,737 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,395 Replies, 957,676 Views
Sharing my Passive and Active...
4 Replies, 1,238 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,592 Replies, 5,827,235 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,008 Replies, 3,814,191 Views
Pay grade at CSA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
112 Replies, 32,485 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
828 Replies, 562,220 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
798 Replies, 240,974 Views
PhD or non-PhD
6 Replies, 7,600 Views
Working in NEA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
60 Replies, 73,074 Views
Advice needed for a 30 yo male... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
44 Replies, 12,877 Views
Polytechnic lecturer salary range ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 65,413 Views
need some info on CNB ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 2,231 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2