How much are you earning per annum? - Page 196 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1951 (permalink)  
Old 26-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am not a banker. But can you imagine a world without bankers or banks. And how do bankers destroy value? You need to learn more about economics.
We need more good banks, banks which are "good" in the traditional sense, banks that take depositors' money and lend it to businesses in need of financing.

We don't need banks that do money laundering, manipulate interest rates, do high-speed trading for their own profit, and create confusing and risky financial instruments that no one understands.

Some senior UK politician just said the following recently:

"Our leading banks are often anti-business especially anti-small business.

"They threw traditional relationship banking over the side and sold useless insurance and dodgy derivatives instead.

"Public anger at the greed and stupidity in this industry will continue for a long time.

"This is no time for the state to be stepping back. We need a new British business bank with a clean balance sheet and an ability to expand lending rapidly to the manufacturers, exporters and high growth companies that power our economy."

Vince Cable predicts no party will win an overall majority at the next election - Telegraph

Reply With Quote
  #1952 (permalink)  
Old 27-09-2012, 12:23 AM
Qaz Qaz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 44
Qaz is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Qaz, if you are losing out in the salary game, instead of being cynical, take a good look at yourself. With yesterday's announcement, teachers can now hit 100k in their early thirties, so 150k-300k is quite the norm in the private sector for people in their thirties and forties.

Have you ever wondered why you can't afford that car or that condo? If you think you make decent income, why can't you afford the things that other average white collars are getting?

Why are you still surfing this forum if you already know what's the average? It's precisely because you aren't sure that you are still here. Yet you choose to post prices on ballistic missiles. Go fly a kite. It helps with your mental development.
I surf this forum because I have the time... If I just to compare salary, its easier to just enter salary here :

Compare Your Annual Income (latest) | Salary.sg - Your Salary in Singapore

why need to come here to compare??

abt cars..theres abt 370K new cars for the past 5 yrs & abt 3.3m employed ppl in sg so theoretically only the top 10% earners own cars.. theoretically..

Reply With Quote
  #1953 (permalink)  
Old 27-09-2012, 12:46 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am not a banker. But can you imagine a world without bankers or banks. And how do bankers destroy value? You need to learn more about economics.
Totally agree. Previous guy was talking through his arse.

Reply With Quote
  #1954 (permalink)  
Old 28-09-2012, 12:28 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaz View Post
I surf this forum because I have the time... If I just to compare salary, its easier to just enter salary here :

Compare Your Annual Income (latest) | Salary.sg - Your Salary in Singapore

why need to come here to compare??

abt cars..theres abt 370K new cars for the past 5 yrs & abt 3.3m employed ppl in sg so theoretically only the top 10% earners own cars.. theoretically..
Theoretically, based on what you say it's not correct coz 370K is NEW cars and not total number of cars?
Reply With Quote
  #1955 (permalink)  
Old 28-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Qaz Qaz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 44
Qaz is on a distinguished road
Default

I used 5 yrs instead of 10 or total number of cars cos I reckon many who bought the cars abt 5 yrs back wud find it difficult to buy a new one now. I may be wrong though
Reply With Quote
  #1956 (permalink)  
Old 29-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I agree with the post that bankers are overpaid and overrated.

Many people lost their jobs and homes because of the toxic products the sell which eventually created the the global crisis.
Reply With Quote

  #1957 (permalink)  
Old 29-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I agree with the post that bankers are overpaid and overrated.

Many people lost their jobs and homes because of the toxic products the sell which eventually created the the global crisis.
There are good bankers and there are bad bankers. Sadly most of the top bankers these days are unscrupulous ones.
Reply With Quote
  #1958 (permalink)  
Old 29-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Hate Bankers and Lawyers
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs down Bankers and lawyers - $$$ through lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I agree with the post that bankers are overpaid and overrated.

Many people lost their jobs and homes because of the toxic products the sell which eventually created the the global crisis.
Bankers and lawyers are both supposed to be 'good' professions boosting economy and standard of living.

Sadly, regardless of whatever people say to defend them, Bankers and Lawyers are making money by cheating and deceiving others. I can afford to make such sweeping statements because easily 90% of the bankers and lawyers are such creatures. For those of you who are not, or wish to defend them, that is the reality.

Bankers are cheating scumbags, and lawyers are lying bastards.

That is the truth, and don't bother quoting and replying with whatever innane retort, doesn't change the fact.
Reply With Quote
  #1959 (permalink)  
Old 29-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Doctor are better. Proportionately fewer scumbags.


SG BusLeh mobile app
SG BusLeh - the best bus app - available on iPhone and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #1960 (permalink)  
Old 30-09-2012, 12:13 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Bankers and lawyers are overrated and overpaid. Many are evil manipulators who destroy the lives and wealth of others. May they burn in hell for eternity.

I will encourage my children to be teachers even though they are underpaid and underrated. Teaching is a noble profession which deserves more recognition by society.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 23 06-08-2017 06:46 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,947 Replies, 5,183,239 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,280 Replies, 1,034,152 Views
Which degree is the best return on... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
55 Replies, 10,342 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 15,785 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,779 Replies, 494,864 Views
Pacific Refreshments - The Coca...
3 Replies, 337 Views
Stat board tiers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
53 Replies, 26,125 Views
Cost of living in singapore will... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 4,039 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
341 Replies, 260,226 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
189 Replies, 60,309 Views
Pay for digital marketing agencies
5 Replies, 1,570 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,791 Replies, 841,270 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
332 Replies, 58,255 Views
Schneider Electric - EGP (Grad... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
54 Replies, 15,648 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,875 Replies, 2,126,513 Views
Anyone work for Casino (RWS/MBS) ?... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 5,390 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,174 Replies, 206,168 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,908 Replies, 1,761,008 Views
Bad times?
9 Replies, 964 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
53 Replies, 50,746 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
616 Replies, 312,717 Views
DBS BANK Interview replies ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
423 Replies, 252,606 Views
Working at Changi Business Park ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 1,683 Views
UBS Graduate Talent Program ( 1 2 3)
27 Replies, 20,680 Views
Mother looking for a job ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 956 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,062 Replies, 1,393,964 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,606 Replies, 983,875 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
388 Replies, 173,626 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,688 Replies, 758,780 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2