Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How much are you earning per annum? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/831-how-much-you-earning-per-annum.html)

Unregistered 05-04-2023 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245265)
Do charity work and help the poor and needy

Yeah when I retire I will. And also do church missions work.

Unregistered 05-04-2023 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245178)
Earned very little this year. Only S$111k inclusive of bonus. Barely much savings with inflation and expenses esp since my hubby is unemployed now.

Fortunately we can pay off our mortgage and have assets to retire if I want to.

My income tax only less than S$100 dollars thx to WMCR and topping up my mum's SA for her allowance. Assessable income only S$88k.

Unregistered 05-04-2023 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245253)
He has first class honours in electrical engineering. I believe he will find it too demeaning. Being a Grabdriver was alteady a blow to his ego.

LOL so arrogant. Study in trash field wanna act all upz.

Cringe, if I had a partner like this I rather die.

Unregistered 05-04-2023 05:00 PM

Not to say we look down on grab drivers and deliveryman but I believe if u can help it, you wouldn't want to work as one.

Unregistered 05-04-2023 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245288)
LOL so arrogant. Study in trash field wanna act all upz.

Cringe, if I had a partner like this I rather die.

ya sia, act so arrogant, still unemployed... real man will work, food delivery / grabride is quite legit and pays decently well

not like asking him to be a cleaner or what lmao what a frail ego, guy rather lets his wife work instead, pathetic

Unregistered 05-04-2023 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245305)
ya sia, act so arrogant, still unemployed... real man will work, food delivery / grabride is quite legit and pays decently well

not like asking him to be a cleaner or what lmao what a frail ego, guy rather lets his wife work instead, pathetic

His wife which is me is working as a GP Dr so we are financially ok, he has a lot of savings from his previous work and as a couple we can afford to retire now if we want to. He is more keen on exploring doing his own business.

Unregistered 05-04-2023 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245308)
His wife which is me is working as a GP Dr so we are financially ok, he has a lot of savings from his previous work and as a couple we can afford to retire now if we want to. He is more keen on exploring doing his own business.

Looks like you’re ok that he is not working and you’re happy working (or else you will be bored if you retire now since you’re only in your early 50s). So as long as everyone is happy, then it’s ok.

Unregistered 05-04-2023 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245326)
Looks like you’re ok that he is not working and you’re happy working (or else you will be bored if you retire now since you’re only in your early 50s). So as long as everyone is happy, then it’s ok.

I am only 48 years old lah...but yeah, I am used to his underemployment since marriage. We just celebrated our 21 st wedding anniversary. But he is a good saver and investor, has twice my savings. Or maybe I pay more since I work and am more a spender than saver. Anyway, we are happy. Have a backup retirement plan in place in case I cannot work so life is less stressful.

Unregistered 05-04-2023 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245308)

as long as you're happy then ok it doesnt matter

Unregistered 06-04-2023 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245344)
as long as you're happy then ok it doesnt matter

Not that I am happy about it but what can I do but to accept it. Age is a factor for him and he has already tried his best to find a job to no avail.

I think the foreign competition for jobs is unfair to him. Fortunately my job is quite stable.