How much are you earning per annum? - Page 1288 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #12871 (permalink)  
Old 07-12-2021, 11:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just wondering, how is having a few hundred thousands to spend until CPF life considered successful?
Unless you mean a few hundred K per year from passive income.
Fully agree with this



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #12872 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2021, 09:35 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just wondering, how is having a few hundred thousands to spend until CPF life considered successful?
Unless you mean a few hundred K per year from passive income.
Because they own assets that are worth at least a million SGD and regardless, they are attributing their success based on assets they own, not based on "having a few hundred K" like the weird assumption you just made here.

Reply With Quote
  #12873 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2021, 10:38 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Planning to retire when we collect our CPF soon. Our home is fully paid up. We should be able to collect $400k in total from our CPF OA combined at age 55. This is enough for us both as we are live a simple life. We need $360k ($36k pa) from 55 to 65. We will get $54k pa from our CPF Life combined from age 65 onwards.
finally a real singaporeans POV

Reply With Quote
  #12874 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2021, 10:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Because they own assets that are worth at least a million SGD and regardless, they are attributing their success based on assets they own, not based on "having a few hundred K" like the weird assumption you just made here.
Same poster. I know, but even then having a mil in assets is nothing these days. If I added mine up I clear 2m and I'm early 40s. I don't consider myself successful.
Reply With Quote
  #12875 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2021, 10:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Same poster. I know, but even then having a mil in assets is nothing these days. If I added mine up I clear 2m and I'm early 40s. I don't consider myself successful.
Everyone has a different yardstick.

If you think accumulation is tough, let me tell you decumulating is tougher
Reply With Quote
  #12876 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2021, 11:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Same poster. I know, but even then having a mil in assets is nothing these days. If I added mine up I clear 2m and I'm early 40s. I don't consider myself successful.
Definitely. 1 or 2 million is not difficult to attain if you progress towards 40s or 50s. The main challenge is to scale it above 10 million.
Reply With Quote

  #12877 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2021, 01:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Same poster. I know, but even then having a mil in assets is nothing these days. If I added mine up I clear 2m and I'm early 40s. I don't consider myself successful.
Well first of all your first post was based off some weird assumption that just made 0 sense so saying "I know but this that this that" is not a valid counter-argument whatsoever. Bottom line is that you didn't know so you backpedaled into something entirely different and used your own anecdotal evidence to push your weird counter-argument.

Anyway, one's success is defined by that person, not others. You questioning that other person's success is incredibly dumb and helps no one here. Someone who is depressed would view waking up everyday and taking a shower as "successful" or "productive".

Another person who grew up poor and finally acquires 1m at age 50 may also view him/herself as successful. Again, you don't know the full story so you can't make wild assumptions based on your own experience / skillset... if you're really in your 40s and you still don't know this, I don't know wtf to say.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #12878 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2021, 02:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well first of all your first post was based off some weird assumption that just made 0 sense so saying "I know but this that this that" is not a valid counter-argument whatsoever. Bottom line is that you didn't know so you backpedaled into something entirely different and used your own anecdotal evidence to push your weird counter-argument.

Anyway, one's success is defined by that person, not others. You questioning that other person's success is incredibly dumb and helps no one here. Someone who is depressed would view waking up everyday and taking a shower as "successful" or "productive".

Another person who grew up poor and finally acquires 1m at age 50 may also view him/herself as successful. Again, you don't know the full story so you can't make wild assumptions based on your own experience / skillset... if you're really in your 40s and you still don't know this, I don't know wtf to say.
you may be better off talking to a wall if the poster's mindset is that anything below $1m SGD net worth is considered poverty.
Reply With Quote
  #12879 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2021, 11:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

No need to feel hurt. Just a factual comment that 1-2m isnt really considered well off these days.
That doesn't automatically mean that the poverty line is at 1m.

It's not binary. Moreover, one can't help but wonder why, after liquidating a e
luxury condo, there is only a few hundred K left. Sounds low. If not, then perhaps it isn't really a luxury condo?
Reply With Quote
  #12880 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2021, 08:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No need to feel hurt. Just a factual comment that 1-2m isnt really considered well off these days.
That doesn't automatically mean that the poverty line is at 1m.

It's not binary. Moreover, one can't help but wonder why, after liquidating a e
luxury condo, there is only a few hundred K left. Sounds low. If not, then perhaps it isn't really a luxury condo?
there is no condo that's below 500k, i dont know what are u talkin about
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 25 23-04-2021 10:40 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,329 Replies, 7,875,096 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,576 Replies, 472,648 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,062 Replies, 1,675,178 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
114 Replies, 72,274 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,525 Replies, 5,338,127 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
771 Replies, 371,160 Views
Bloomberg/Factset/Re... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 10,756 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
522 Replies, 188,624 Views
OCBC Bank
4 Replies, 244 Views
Fresh grad 2020 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
53 Replies, 20,867 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,480 Replies, 689,964 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,329 Replies, 2,807,583 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,197 Replies, 1,969,993 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,902 Replies, 1,007,299 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,493 Replies, 2,758,800 Views
Htx ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
60 Replies, 7,690 Views
SLA (Singapore Land Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 21,629 Views
CAD (Commercial Affairs Department) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
205 Replies, 157,461 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
52 Replies, 6,674 Views
Banks' Pay and Bonuses ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
456 Replies, 202,684 Views
SEA (Garena) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
53 Replies, 44,785 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
636 Replies, 326,746 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
174 Replies, 123,441 Views
Cpf senior manager
6 Replies, 2,589 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,143 Replies, 634,707 Views
ICA (under Home Affairs) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
109 Replies, 172,774 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
103 Replies, 91,602 Views
Working Culture in IRAS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
60 Replies, 100,057 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
190 Replies, 63,912 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
440 Replies, 142,942 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2