How much are you earning per annum? - Page 1285 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #12841 (permalink)  
Old 17-11-2021, 07:47 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Just curious. Does your CPF interest includes CPFLife?




Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi people, it has been quite a few years since I visited this forum. Think my very last post / message here was in 2014?

This forum started (in 2010 / 11?) with with the intent to have healthy sharing of salaries in different industries across different age groups. It started off quite well with genuine info sharing but as with all things anonymous, the postings / sharing quickly degenerated into a sham. Sad but not surprising.

Anyhow, I am now a senior (meaning above 60) and what we seniors discuss and compare are not just our salaries (for those of still working) but our passive income. While building up sufficient net-worth is important in preparing for retirement, the cashflow is equally if not more important in retirement.

Retirees typically drawdown on their savings but there is a superior way, and that is through acquiring assets that generate passive cashflow.

So when we seniors meet, we discuss and compare notes on the various assets and instruments that can generate good and robust cashflow and yet not too exposed to the vagaries of the market.

For most of us around 60+ years old, our passive income ranges from $150,000 to $250,000 yearly. Ours is close to $200,000 a year (combined for spouse and I). Our cashflow generators are:

Dividends from equities : $67,000
Rental income : $36,000
Interest from CPF : $93,000

Not quite yet $200,000, but working towards it and hope to achieve it next year.

Reply With Quote
  #12842 (permalink)  
Old 17-11-2021, 02:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
UmÖ of course worried right? SG is a rat race what. And Iím a competitive female, I donít suppose you expect every human to be happy just being average? 🙄
I donít suppose you guys here only compare to those whoíre doing worse than you? Like that compare for what, shiok factor meh. Of course always to strive for better what. Healthy competitiveness as long as it doesnít consume you.

Crazy. Ask one question but no one bother answering honestly, all shoot here shoot there.
Guess thatís what men are all about 🤫
just like what your dad is good at, shooting.

Reply With Quote
  #12843 (permalink)  
Old 23-11-2021, 02:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Planning to retire when we collect our CPF soon. Our home is fully paid up. We should be able to collect $400k in total from our CPF OA combined at age 55. This is enough for us both as we are live a simple life. We need $360k ($36k pa) from 55 to 65. We will get $54k pa from our CPF Life combined from age 65 onwards.

Reply With Quote
  #12844 (permalink)  
Old 23-11-2021, 04:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

my earnings per capita higher than you idiots
Reply With Quote
  #12845 (permalink)  
Old 23-11-2021, 04:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my earnings per capita higher than you idiots
We may be idiots but at least we know what per capita means
Reply With Quote
  #12846 (permalink)  
Old 24-11-2021, 03:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Planning to retire when we collect our CPF soon. Our home is fully paid up. We should be able to collect $400k in total from our CPF OA combined at age 55. This is enough for us both as we are live a simple life. We need $360k ($36k pa) from 55 to 65. We will get $54k pa from our CPF Life combined from age 65 onwards.
This is a great plan! You are among the few successful ones who can retire early at 55.

I know of high flyers who retired in their 40s.
Reply With Quote

  #12847 (permalink)  
Old 26-11-2021, 02:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Planning to retire when we collect our CPF soon. Our home is fully paid up. We should be able to collect $400k in total from our CPF OA combined at age 55. This is enough for us both as we are live a simple life. We need $360k ($36k pa) from 55 to 65. We will get $54k pa from our CPF Life combined from age 65 onwards.
Good for you. Retiring at 55 is becoming more common nowadays. People sell their private property and downgrade to HDB flat to get lots of cash. Cheaper to live in HDB flat.
Reply With Quote
  #12848 (permalink)  
Old 26-11-2021, 08:52 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 22
greenerpastures is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi people, it has been quite a few years since I visited this forum. Think my very last post / message here was in 2014?

This forum started (in 2010 / 11?) with with the intent to have healthy sharing of salaries in different industries across different age groups. It started off quite well with genuine info sharing but as with all things anonymous, the postings / sharing quickly degenerated into a sham. Sad but not surprising.

Anyhow, I am now a senior (meaning above 60) and what we seniors discuss and compare are not just our salaries (for those of still working) but our passive income. While building up sufficient net-worth is important in preparing for retirement, the cashflow is equally if not more important in retirement.

Retirees typically drawdown on their savings but there is a superior way, and that is through acquiring assets that generate passive cashflow.

So when we seniors meet, we discuss and compare notes on the various assets and instruments that can generate good and robust cashflow and yet not too exposed to the vagaries of the market.

For most of us around 60+ years old, our passive income ranges from $150,000 to $250,000 yearly. Ours is close to $200,000 a year (combined for spouse and I). Our cashflow generators are:

Dividends from equities : $67,000
Rental income : $36,000
Interest from CPF : $93,000

Not quite yet $200,000, but working towards it and hope to achieve it next year.
thanks for sharing. do you mind sharing what was your peak salary range, and around what age that was?
Reply With Quote
  #12849 (permalink)  
Old 29-11-2021, 12:40 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Good for you. Retiring at 55 is becoming more common nowadays. People sell their private property and downgrade to HDB flat to get lots of cash. Cheaper to live in HDB flat.
Iím thinking about this too. My condo is paid up and is worth $1.1 mil. If I sell and then buy a $500k HDB flat, I get $600k. Our CPF OA and cash combined is about $300k. So $900k should be enough to last us for 10 years from 55 to 65.
Reply With Quote
  #12850 (permalink)  
Old 29-11-2021, 07:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Last year made $2mil. This year lost $600k. Such is the life of professional trader. Sad...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 25 23-04-2021 10:40 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
962 Replies, 320,157 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,156 Replies, 641,737 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,327 Replies, 365,266 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,848 Replies, 2,241,093 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,479 Replies, 1,624,454 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,318 Replies, 1,705,727 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
576 Replies, 195,519 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
129 Replies, 86,590 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,391 Replies, 7,913,521 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
637 Replies, 329,108 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,090 Replies, 801,359 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,701 Replies, 5,393,197 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
645 Replies, 503,994 Views
What are the signs that your boss... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 733 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
340 Replies, 353,834 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,515 Replies, 2,773,929 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,775 Replies, 493,157 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,364 Replies, 2,827,057 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
363 Replies, 67,912 Views
Working in SMRT ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 23,111 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
394 Replies, 134,821 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
219 Replies, 166,617 Views
MFA- Foreign Service... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
45 Replies, 30,119 Views
Cpf senior manager ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 3,056 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
490 Replies, 96,448 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,201 Replies, 1,383,720 Views
Suitable job recommendations
3 Replies, 244 Views
Mid career switch - social worker
4 Replies, 2,189 Views
Htx ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
62 Replies, 8,861 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2