How much are you earning per annum? - Page 1249 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #12481 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2021, 04:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Wow, congrats!! How did you make the switch? Any advice that you can share?
I think chances for even a first round are pretty slim if you are ops, just got lucky.

Reply With Quote
  #12482 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2021, 04:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think chances for even a first round are pretty slim if you are ops, just got lucky.
Care to share more?

Reply With Quote
  #12483 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2021, 10:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Care to share more?
Be the best in your ops role, know the products and the different strats the traders are running, these are easy. 70% is luck - getting an interview.

Reply With Quote
  #12484 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2021, 10:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Be the best in your ops role, know the products and the different strats the traders are running, these are easy. 70% is luck - getting an interview.
Is it easier for ops to jump to sales instead (less technicals)? Also keen to know if you applied for internal transfer with a sponsor by networking or via open channels? TIA!
Reply With Quote
  #12485 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2021, 05:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

By the way, to bring everyone back down to earth here with so many people bandying around sky-high salaries > 150k etc.

Stats will show that <4% of people here aged 30-34 earn more than 12k.
If it was so common, I would expect the percentage of those earning that amount to be 20%.

So, don’t feel bad if you earn less than what people proclaim to earn here. As long as you earn more than you did the previous year or a few years ago, that is already progress. No point being envious and unhappy when people throw about their ‘salaries’.

If you go ask people in industry, they will let you know that early 30s salary for most jobs are on the more realistic side.

s://stats.mom.gov.sg/iMAS_Tables1/LabourForce/LabourForce_2020/mrsd_2020LabourForce_T33.xlsx


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #12486 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2021, 10:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it easier for ops to jump to sales instead (less technicals)? Also keen to know if you applied for internal transfer with a sponsor by networking or via open channels? TIA!
Yes but that's not to say sales is easier than trading. When you trade you have 0 care for clients, all the screw ups and client servicing is none of your business. As a trader you get the risk you square it off you are done, in less than a minute. But again, you are fighting with hundreds of applicants, some from ivy leagues... So luck is major factor. Most if not all my ops pals don't make it past the HR filter.
Reply With Quote

  #12487 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2021, 10:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes but that's not to say sales is easier than trading. When you trade you have 0 care for clients, all the screw ups and client servicing is none of your business. As a trader you get the risk you square it off you are done, in less than a minute. But again, you are fighting with hundreds of applicants, some from ivy leagues... So luck is major factor. Most if not all my ops pals don't make it past the HR filter.
Do you mind sharing how you make the jump? Is it through networking with the desk that you were supporting (internal transfer) or did you apply via open channels?
Reply With Quote
  #12488 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2021, 07:10 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 4
minamikaze1 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I highly doubt that. My brother and a cousin are in big tech and we share our salaries.
They tell me that the world likes to inflate their perceived salary for them.

Or unless your definition of mid-career is having worked 12-15 years.

Of course unless you’re doing IT Sales, like convincing an entire company to use HP for their staff etc, then I agree.
My definition of mid career is 10 years of experience.
Big tech salaries should be at least 180k base by then, at least based on actual salaries from mycareersfuture.
Reply With Quote
  #12489 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2021, 07:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
By the way, to bring everyone back down to earth here with so many people bandying around sky-high salaries > 150k etc.

Stats will show that <4% of people here aged 30-34 earn more than 12k.
If it was so common, I would expect the percentage of those earning that amount to be 20%.

So, don’t feel bad if you earn less than what people proclaim to earn here. As long as you earn more than you did the previous year or a few years ago, that is already progress. No point being envious and unhappy when people throw about their ‘salaries’.

If you go ask people in industry, they will let you know that early 30s salary for most jobs are on the more realistic side.

s://stats.mom.gov.sg/iMAS_Tables1/LabourForce/LabourForce_2020/mrsd_2020LabourForce_T33.xlsx

You ownself loser doesn't mean others are like you. Go cry in your HDB flat
Reply With Quote
  #12490 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2021, 09:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Both of you are correct but you guys just aren’t on the same page to begin with.

This is salary.sg where people come to brag about their salaries so obviously we are going to see posts from the top 1% of income earners.

I graduated first class and most of my clique did as well, but it doesn’t mean “the whole world” is walking around with top honors.

We should stay humble.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 25 23-04-2021 10:40 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,683 Replies, 4,600,720 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,565 Replies, 7,338,930 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,003 Replies, 2,497,703 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
632 Replies, 139,095 Views
Top paying companies in SG for... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
81 Replies, 133,320 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
66 Replies, 22,035 Views
Jumping from Stat Board into...
1 Replies, 54 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
114 Replies, 57,160 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,009 Replies, 520,435 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,846 Replies, 607,711 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
437 Replies, 273,848 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,748 Replies, 1,409,355 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,910 Replies, 1,746,480 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
233 Replies, 108,122 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,640 Replies, 1,275,812 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,682 Replies, 4,351,198 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,332 Replies, 571,089 Views
business analyst
1 Replies, 2,749 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,059 Replies, 2,521,071 Views
Perm to contract, increase > 2k... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 4,227 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
625 Replies, 98,009 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
867 Replies, 221,239 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,515 Replies, 730,641 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
458 Replies, 369,636 Views
Anyone work in AVA Animal Health... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 8,886 Views
Asset Management Salary ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 3,428 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,022 Replies, 737,691 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
471 Replies, 272,066 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
63 Replies, 35,207 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
327 Replies, 452,693 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2