Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How much are you earning per annum? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/831-how-much-you-earning-per-annum.html)

kaos 14-02-2018 03:43 PM

advice please.....

Seen a lot of great replies and advice here. Specifically wondering if forum-ers here can provide some advice:

42 male, wife 39 female, 2 young kids
Both working professionals (finance) - combined $205k p/a after tax not including bonuses (bonus maybe about $50k p/a after tax)
Cash - $200k
Car Loan - $1.2k per month
Stock/Equity - $50k
Own Home - $1.4M (loan $550k)
Investment Property 1 - $1.6M (loan $1.1M, $25k net rent p/a)
Investment Property 2 - $1.55M (loan $630k, $40k net rent p/a)
Watch Collection - $60k

Total Assets = $4.66M
Total Debt = $2.284M

Net Worth = $2.376M

As you can see my net worth is heavily property-weighted and pretty concerned that I should be diversifying more into stock , bonds and ETFs etc as a lot of people here have. Anyway interested to hear genuine advice/suggestions/comments. Thanks everyone in advance!

Unregistered 09-03-2018 03:15 PM

I don't know if I should stay in my job.

26 year old..

- Two year working experience
- Annual 30k
- Boss promised to give me 30% cut of annual company profit but no B/W
because I baogaliao. shld I believe and stay or hope on finding another job?
Is my salary too low? I intend to apply for bto too. Please advice

lazyplane 09-03-2018 10:50 PM

It depends . you comfortable with the potential interest rate hike in the market ? job super stable ? investment property not in sg ?

If yes to all above, shld be ok.

Otherwise, from financial perspective, i will sell the 1.6m one. Doesnt seem to be bringing in the dividend yield compared to the
other property. Unless you see some huge upside say enbloc or something etc.

Also pay down the car loan. unless got specific reasons.

Everything else, you shld be ok.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaos (Post 104692)
Seen a lot of great replies and advice here. Specifically wondering if forum-ers here can provide some advice:

Both working professionals (finance) - combined $205k p/a after tax not including bonuses (bonus maybe about $50k p/a after tax)
Cash - $200k
Stock/Equity - $50k
Watch Collection - $60k

Total Assets = $4.66M
Total Debt = $2.284M

Net Worth = $2.376M

As you can see my net worth is heavily property-weighted and pretty concerned that I should be diversifying more into stock , bonds and ETFs etc as a lot of people here have. Anyway interested to hear genuine advice/suggestions/comments. Thanks everyone in advance!

Unregistered 14-03-2018 08:57 AM

I am a 49 year old retired finance professional. Made my small fortune. I retired from the corporate world to take better care of my health. Luckily I saved and invested in various assets and now enjoying the fruits of my investments. I get my passive income from these investments.

I now spend my time managing my investment portfolio, volunteering at charities to help the needy, spending more time with family and friends, watching movies, exercising and reading. I take my own sweet time eating my meals and exercising. I no longer need to rush from one meeting to another and jet setting from one city to another. Been there done that.

I am happier and healthier now. I realized time is a precious gift most people don't appreciate enough. I now have more free time to do the things I love and spend my time with those I love.

Life is short. You only live once on this earth. I know of people who died in their 40s and 50s. I could have been one of them had I continued with my corporate lifestyle.

Even though I'm retired, I continue to grow my wealth. I have more time to look out for new investment opportunities. Today, I'm wealthier, happier and healthier. I have financial wealth, good family relationship, better health and most importantly my wealth of FREE TIME to do what I please. Life is more meaningful now. I'm blessed.

Unregistered 14-03-2018 10:32 AM

I am a 49 year old retired finance professional. Made my small fortune. I retired from the corporate world to take better care of my health. Luckily I saved and invested in various assets and now enjoying the fruits of my investments. I get my passive income from these investments.

I now spend my time managing my investment portfolio, volunteering at charities to help the needy, spending more time with family and friends, watching movies, exercising and reading. I take my own sweet time eating my meals and exercising. I no longer need to rush from one meeting to another and jet setting from one city to another. Been there done that.

I am happier and healthier now. I realized time is a precious gift most people don't appreciate enough. I now have more free time to do the things I love and spend my time with those I love.

Life is short. You only live once on this earth. I know of people who died in their 40s and 50s. I could have been one of them had I continued with my corporate lifestyle.

Even though I'm retired, I continue to grow my wealth. I have more time to look out for new investment opportunities. Today, I'm wealthier, happier and healthier. I have financial wealth, good family relationship, better health and most importantly my wealth of FREE TIME to do what I please. Life is more meaningful now. I'm blessed.

Unregistered 14-03-2018 10:51 AM

Rather then spamming here on how rich or how much wealth you have, why not teach the young ones how to become one of you?

Unregistered_101 14-03-2018 02:04 PM

Cause he made his initial pot from property, given today's market not possible to replicate. Anyway we treat him as our resident nut job, give it a few hours or a day or two and another post will come praising his accomplishments despite it being so mediocre lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105664)
Rather then spamming here on how rich or how much wealth you have, why not teach the young ones how to become one of you?

Unregistered 14-03-2018 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaos (Post 104692)

Cash - $200k
Stock/Equity - $50k
Watch Collection - $60k

Total Assets = $4.66M
Total Debt = $2.284M

Net Worth = $2.376M

I find it amazing that with 2 kids, a car, and expensive watches, you managed to acquire 2 more properties other than your own. All that with just $250k p.a. household income. I don't think you're the one who really require advice.

leenfo 18-03-2018 03:34 PM

Landed property in CENTRAL area (convenient)

Anyone interested in purchasing landed property in central area along the blue line.
Please do contact me for serious genuine buyers.

Unregistered 21-03-2018 12:29 PM

Happiness is the most important. Don't be stupid fools who chase after wealth and fame but are miserable. Judging from your story, you're a true success.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105663)