How much are you earning per annum? - Page 111 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1101 (permalink)  
Old 25-12-2011, 02:47 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Tuition Teacher

$100-$150/hour averaged.

Workin mostly over weekends and weekdays night.

Approximately 20 working hours per week, plus probably another 8 hours of lesson preparation time per week.
Wow! you give individual tuition or conduct group classes?

Reply With Quote
  #1102 (permalink)  
Old 25-12-2011, 08:55 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Wow! you give individual tuition or conduct group classes?
100/hr is normal rate for O level subjects.

Reply With Quote
  #1103 (permalink)  
Old 25-12-2011, 12:02 PM
Millionaire Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 49
Wiseman1 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
but private property agents really make that type of figures. ranging from 80k to 100k per month.

i was at far east org. basic was poor. only about 3.2k. but sales target was every 3 mths one condo sales. Not difficult. I mean, every 2 weeks I can sell about 1 unit. commission was not very good though - 1k for one unit. so one mth only about 5-7k. but well, that was in year 2007.

I have moved on to another private organisation and currently in middle management. front line sales can earn higher, but after some time, it's no longer just the sales figures that attract me.

just ask around. Propnex and ERA agents who are focusing on public housing make about 5-10k during 2006-2010 period. not all, but it's pretty common.

of course, at the current climate where the future is unstable, things might not follow suit next year. but we'll see cuz in year 2009, we thought the sales would be dwindling but instead, it continued to roar.

However, my personal take is, based on URA stats and gradient curve, we may be reaching a stagnant stage next year onwards.

Back to the pay wise, why are people resistant to the money that property agents (private) was making? Is it because you need to see it in order to believe it? Or we must really put in a nick and post our pay in order to convince people. I tell you... when you are making 60k, would you be posting this online to let everyone to see? No.. .you will be busy networking with friends and embarking on businesses and cocktail parties in order to earn more.

Because, after some time in wine parties, you will see REALLY rich people around, who are talking about estates and stuff like that, which will make us look like peanuts. Please take this into perspective because I'm not looking down at anyone here. Just that, when you are mingling with really rich people who buy porsche cars like changing clothes, and bentleys as such, you will feel that you want to drop the glass and go home.... or maybe go coffeeshops where people are earning 1.5k or 3k. It will make us feel good, but then again, in that setting, you will want to think on how to compete and also.. change bentleys just like these guys.

Just for discussion sake. The first time I went to a party, and spoke to a Indo mine owner, who owns a bentley that costs about 1 mil. I asked him jokingly: "Your bentley, did you rent it and drove here?" While his friends laughed, this boss used his finger and poked my chest, saying, "I paid by cash. My bunglow I also paid by cash. I got another 2 ferraris also paid by cash. My current office space in Suntec also paid by cash. If you don't know anything, go back and drink your beer." So i turned back and afterwards gana scolded by my team leader. Everything was a culture shock. But after hard work and I must say, nice timing, I am quite comfortable and while I still cannot, and will never match the mine owner, I will continue to try on how to excel in the money-making industry.

Just for sharing. But at the end of the day, there are really alot of people who are making tons of money out there... just as I know there are many people in need of Comcare and help. And I'm sure there are also people making alot of money posting here as they are well... find it funny that there are people here that thought everyone who posts here are wannababes, or simply nothing to do. After all, the recurring and passive income covers the bread and butter and living lifestyle and after much partying, drinking, travels... there's only so much in life to look forward to.

To the ultra rich here: The best thing is always to share back to the society. Afterall, there's only so much money and fame can bring us, i think.
Two things for you to be conscious of:
(1) All these ultra rich folks, quite a big proportion are engaged in illegal business activities and money laundering, if they are business owners of big listed companies, then yes they are truly wealthy, but if they tell you they own proprietary businesses in less developed third world countries, then it is highly likely their monies come from dubious sources, so there is no need for you to feel inferior to them or look up to them. What's there to be proud of being involved in criminal activities??These guys are going to get into trouble in a matter of time.
(2) I dont think anyone here ever doubt the kind of monies that property agents are making, you do the math and you would know it is quite reasonable for most agents to make just under 10K per month, given the high volume of property transactions in the past couple of years. What needs to be highlighted is that the 10k income is before deducting overhead costs such as advertising fees, agency membership fees, property database subscription fess as well as huge mobile phone bills. Plus there are no employer CPF contributions, medical/insurance benefits and paid vacation/leave benefits. So the entire package is not as good as it sounds....



SG BusLeh mobile app
SG BusLeh - the best bus app - available on iPhone and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #1104 (permalink)  
Old 25-12-2011, 08:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiseman1 View Post
Two things for you to be conscious of:
(1) All these ultra rich folks, quite a big proportion are engaged in illegal business activities and money laundering, if they are business owners of big listed companies, then yes they are truly wealthy, but if they tell you they own proprietary businesses in less developed third world countries, then it is highly likely their monies come from dubious sources, so there is no need for you to feel inferior to them or look up to them. What's there to be proud of being involved in criminal activities??These guys are going to get into trouble in a matter of time.
(2) I dont think anyone here ever doubt the kind of monies that property agents are making, you do the math and you would know it is quite reasonable for most agents to make just under 10K per month, given the high volume of property transactions in the past couple of years. What needs to be highlighted is that the 10k income is before deducting overhead costs such as advertising fees, agency membership fees, property database subscription fess as well as huge mobile phone bills. Plus there are no employer CPF contributions, medical/insurance benefits and paid vacation/leave benefits. So the entire package is not as good as it sounds....
The fact remains that there are thousands (low thousands though) making a million and more a year, and these people are legitimately reporting to Iras their income. Don't begrudge the rich. Thought some as you say make their mark from dubious sources, but I believe most work their way up the proper legit way.

I'm not sure about Indonesians though... (there's an ex-morgan stanley chief economist by the name of Andy Xie who claimed that Singapore is a "money laundering centre for corrupt Indonesian businessmen and government officials" - this was reported in Bloomberg no less: Morgan Stanley's Xie Quit After Singapore E-Mail (Update5) - Bloomberg )
Reply With Quote
  #1105 (permalink)  
Old 26-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

CEO, salary $1.00 per year.
Reply With Quote
  #1106 (permalink)  
Old 27-12-2011, 09:45 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiseman1 View Post
(1) All these ultra rich folks, quite a big proportion are engaged in illegal business activities and money laundering, if they are business owners of big listed companies, then yes they are truly wealthy, but if they tell you they own proprietary businesses in less developed third world countries, then it is highly likely their monies come from dubious sources, so there is no need for you to feel inferior to them or look up to them. What's there to be proud of being involved in criminal activities??These guys are going to get into trouble in a matter of time.
Don't be sour grapes, if you get beaten in the game of life, try to imrpove by starting business, playing stocks, climbing corporate ladder etc.

No point bluffing yourself that the reason they successful and you are failure is because you are superior and not involve in crimminal activity.
Reply With Quote

  #1107 (permalink)  
Old 27-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Don't be sour grapes, if you get beaten in the game of life, try to imrpove by starting business, playing stocks, climbing corporate ladder etc.

No point bluffing yourself that the reason they successful and you are failure is because you are superior and not involve in crimminal activity.
Dont try to sound politically correct, this is not bluffing myself, these are facts, only ignorant idiots like you are still thinking it is perfect and fair meritocratic world up there.....

There are reasons why the income gap is growing wider and wider, it is not a just simple case of cheap foreign labor flood the local market and depress the wages at the bottom.

The rich here should be made to pay more taxes, they enjoy the best of both world....make more and more money every year but pay lesser and lesser taxes every year.....what the hell, and we have a governement which rob the poor to pay the rich......cut corporate taxes and income taxes and then raise GST to make everyone pay including the poor......
Reply With Quote
  #1108 (permalink)  
Old 27-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dont try to sound politically correct, this is not bluffing myself, these are facts, only ignorant idiots like you are still thinking it is perfect and fair meritocratic world up there.....

There are reasons why the income gap is growing wider and wider, it is not a just simple case of cheap foreign labor flood the local market and depress the wages at the bottom.

The rich here should be made to pay more taxes, they enjoy the best of both world....make more and more money every year but pay lesser and lesser taxes every year.....what the hell, and we have a governement which rob the poor to pay the rich......cut corporate taxes and income taxes and then raise GST to make everyone pay including the poor......
Want to make allegations of crimminal activities better come up with some solid evidence instead of ranting about income gap.
Reply With Quote
  #1109 (permalink)  
Old 27-12-2011, 04:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dont try to sound politically correct, this is not bluffing myself, these are facts, only ignorant idiots like you are still thinking it is perfect and fair meritocratic world up there.....

There are reasons why the income gap is growing wider and wider, it is not a just simple case of cheap foreign labor flood the local market and depress the wages at the bottom.

The rich here should be made to pay more taxes, they enjoy the best of both world....make more and more money every year but pay lesser and lesser taxes every year.....what the hell, and we have a governement which rob the poor to pay the rich......cut corporate taxes and income taxes and then raise GST to make everyone pay including the poor......
I agree with you.

The world becomes different with you start moving up. Its a different ball game all together as the stakes are different.
Reply With Quote
  #1110 (permalink)  
Old 27-12-2011, 04:10 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I agree with you.

The world becomes different with you start moving up. Its a different ball game all together as the stakes are different.
Sound more like have-nots fantasizing about the "rich" base on 1 or 2 ah xia kias they know.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 23 06-08-2017 06:46 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
765 Replies, 509,173 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,779 Replies, 835,603 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,046 Replies, 820,118 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
187 Replies, 59,130 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,772 Replies, 492,884 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,870 Replies, 2,116,999 Views
Which degree is the best return on... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
42 Replies, 9,315 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,601 Replies, 980,114 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,903 Replies, 1,755,487 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
320 Replies, 55,884 Views
Salary Increment Rate ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
164 Replies, 234,293 Views
UBS Graduate Talent Program ( 1 2 3)
26 Replies, 20,438 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
51 Replies, 47,999 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,943 Replies, 5,172,599 Views
working under singhealth ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 17,531 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,055 Replies, 1,388,819 Views
GIC career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
250 Replies, 314,835 Views
Finding a job and your salary
9 Replies, 1,326 Views
How useful is CMFAS in improving... ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 24,495 Views
How difficult is it to change...
5 Replies, 780 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
118 Replies, 90,549 Views
OCBC Young Bankers Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
99 Replies, 71,662 Views
ExxonMobil 2020 Graduate Job...
3 Replies, 1,032 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
839 Replies, 420,889 Views
Advice Needed
3 Replies, 625 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
52 Replies, 50,405 Views
Telcos in Singapore ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 1,056 Views
Exxonmobil Commercial Track ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
58 Replies, 9,442 Views
GIC-Working Culture ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
34 Replies, 29,193 Views
31 yo liao no a levels/poly dip,... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
134 Replies, 25,014 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2