How much are you earning per annum? - Page 1104 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11031 (permalink)  
Old 16-05-2017, 04:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
why the f are you answering yourself
How you know it is the same person or are you just guessing?

Reply With Quote
  #11032 (permalink)  
Old 16-05-2017, 06:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Congrats! You have done extremely well given your past circumstances.
Thank you. We are living the Singapore Dream. It is a privilege to be in the top 10%.

Reply With Quote
  #11033 (permalink)  
Old 17-05-2017, 04:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How you know it is the same person or are you just guessing?
read his writing style and punctuation habits. fkn obvious he's a siao lang

Reply With Quote
  #11034 (permalink)  
Old 17-05-2017, 11:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Dont waste bandwidth on that poster. He has been repeating the same post ad nauseum.

What I wanted to share today is a little observation I had of my cohort of friends. We are all passed 55 with the oldest at 59. There are 6 of us, and all but one are still working.

Observations:
1. None of us has withdrawn any money from our CPF since we turned 55. Obviously, still earning an income means we dont need to touch our CPF savings. The retired guy has built up a good stream of passive income

2. We have all topped up our RA to the ERS amount when we turned 55, not using our CPF money but using cash.

3. One of the main reasons why we are still working is because we want to see all our children complete schooling first. For some of us, it may mean that they would have to work till 65 as their younger children are still in lower secondary.

4. We have not changed our lifestyle over the years. I dont observe any extravagant expenses such buying a merc/ BMW to reward ourselves like some people do when they hit 55 yo.

5. All of us have no more housing loans for our primary residence.

6. All of us have some form of passive incomes of varying amounts. Highest in the group was $160k pa (the retiree)

7. All have substantial savings in their SRS accounts (exceeding $200k)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
read his writing style and punctuation habits. fkn obvious he's a siao lang
Reply With Quote
  #11035 (permalink)  
Old 18-05-2017, 11:50 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thanks for sharing
We are also preparing for retirement
We will retire at 60
We are not leaving behind a big fortune for our children but we have educated them well
We want them to work hard on their own merit
With the education we have given them, they can excel in life


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dont waste bandwidth on that poster. He has been repeating the same post ad nauseum.

What I wanted to share today is a little observation I had of my cohort of friends. We are all passed 55 with the oldest at 59. There are 6 of us, and all but one are still working.

Observations:
1. None of us has withdrawn any money from our CPF since we turned 55. Obviously, still earning an income means we dont need to touch our CPF savings. The retired guy has built up a good stream of passive income

2. We have all topped up our RA to the ERS amount when we turned 55, not using our CPF money but using cash.

3. One of the main reasons why we are still working is because we want to see all our children complete schooling first. For some of us, it may mean that they would have to work till 65 as their younger children are still in lower secondary.

4. We have not changed our lifestyle over the years. I dont observe any extravagant expenses such buying a merc/ BMW to reward ourselves like some people do when they hit 55 yo.

5. All of us have no more housing loans for our primary residence.

6. All of us have some form of passive incomes of varying amounts. Highest in the group was $160k pa (the retiree)

7. All have substantial savings in their SRS accounts (exceeding $200k)
Reply With Quote
  #11036 (permalink)  
Old 18-05-2017, 06:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dont waste bandwidth on that poster. He has been repeating the same post ad nauseum.

What I wanted to share today is a little observation I had of my cohort of friends. We are all passed 55 with the oldest at 59. There are 6 of us, and all but one are still working.

Observations:
1. None of us has withdrawn any money from our CPF since we turned 55. Obviously, still earning an income means we dont need to touch our CPF savings. The retired guy has built up a good stream of passive income

2. We have all topped up our RA to the ERS amount when we turned 55, not using our CPF money but using cash.

3. One of the main reasons why we are still working is because we want to see all our children complete schooling first. For some of us, it may mean that they would have to work till 65 as their younger children are still in lower secondary.

4. We have not changed our lifestyle over the years. I dont observe any extravagant expenses such buying a merc/ BMW to reward ourselves like some people do when they hit 55 yo.

5. All of us have no more housing loans for our primary residence.

6. All of us have some form of passive incomes of varying amounts. Highest in the group was $160k pa (the retiree)

7. All have substantial savings in their SRS accounts (exceeding $200k)
Interesting sharing. Just wondering if the 6 of you ever discuss what is the amount of passive income per annum that you guys aim to achieve before stopping work. You have one with S$160k that has called it quits. Are the rest of you aiming for similar amount or higher amount? Also any net worth target discussed among you guys?


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote

  #11037 (permalink)  
Old 22-05-2017, 10:26 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Interesting sharing. Just wondering if the 6 of you ever discuss what is the amount of passive income per annum that you guys aim to achieve before stopping work. You have one with S$160k that has called it quits. Are the rest of you aiming for similar amount or higher amount? Also any net worth target discussed among you guys?
My spouse and I will call it quits once we can generate a total passive income that covers our retirement expenditure.

If we spend $4k pm, our passive income should be $5k pm or $60k pa for us to retire.

$4k pm is enough for a retired couple assuming they are debt free and living in their mortgage free home.
Reply With Quote
  #11038 (permalink)  
Old 22-05-2017, 11:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My spouse and I will call it quits once we can generate a total passive income that covers our retirement expenditure.

If we spend $4k pm, our passive income should be $5k pm or $60k pa for us to retire.

$4k pm is enough for a retired couple assuming they are debt free and living in their mortgage free home.
Fair enough. Assuming your debt free portfolio of assets will generate 3% a year (a very conservative portfolio since you should not be taking on riskier assets when retired), then you will need $2m of assets.

If that is the case, then a lot of people could retire earlier but they did not. Is their retirement expenditure much higher than $4k per month or Singapore has become so expensive that they would rather err on the side of prudence?
Reply With Quote
  #11039 (permalink)  
Old 24-05-2017, 01:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanghao View Post
Gf still in nie training to be music teacher, receving mininal allowance.
Current combined still qualify to buy bto as bonus are not factored in, but coming next year, gf is graduating to be fully qualified teacher with base 32k.

Should i buy BTO flat now with gf or buy private in 3 yrs while living with parents? Expected to reach vp in 3 year - base around 220k according to seniors
Age is 30. Gf 26. Looking to start family soon.
Senior, pls advise
always buy BTO if eligible, no brainer. all my colleagues buy even some living in their rich parents' bunglow/landed.

HDB is one of the few 'gift' from garmen to make some profit off resale market. don't waste, no second chance. later your pay rise then even want to buy also cannot
Reply With Quote
  #11040 (permalink)  
Old 24-05-2017, 01:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

got a question want to hear suggestions from those with experience.

I am currently in banking, approaching 40 years old. average performer, title is VP but just another ordinary clerk in a cubicle. been moving from job to job every 2-5 years, got laid off before also in bad year. latest job hours are long and kinda inconvenient (working on multiple markets). current anual package around 200k

Now got an opportunity to switch to an iron rice bowl (you know, garmen job). suppose to be very stable, but will incur like 15% pay-cut. The pay will still be comfortable and I can enjoy more time with my young kids. Now dilemma whether take or not. Exit options will be close to zero if join public sector, but shall be no problem work till 60 or even beyond.

suggestions?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 23 06-08-2017 05:46 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,091 Replies, 1,952,754 Views
26 no degree is all hope lost?...
3 Replies, 27 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,216 Replies, 3,481,271 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,423 Replies, 1,442,013 Views
Capgemini tester trainee ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 1,027 Views
26 no degree is all hope lost?... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
47 Replies, 1,304 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
280 Replies, 249,489 Views
How to start a small business ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 3,856 Views
Dillema: University of Melbourne... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 1,930 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
485 Replies, 350,362 Views
Diploma in Digital Marketing at... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 5,525 Views
Programming and consullting
6 Replies, 1,156 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,891 Replies, 1,290,129 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,352 Replies, 6,372,140 Views
Murex
3 Replies, 1,521 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
608 Replies, 170,574 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
215 Replies, 131,092 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
177 Replies, 51,808 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
255 Replies, 166,840 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,761 Replies, 1,465,309 Views
Feeling helpless, need advice... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 9,931 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,175 Replies, 900,910 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,497 Replies, 352,753 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
268 Replies, 52,287 Views
How is HTX Associate Programme...
6 Replies, 567 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
51 Replies, 29,537 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
125 Replies, 56,355 Views
Restructured hospital salaries ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
62 Replies, 54,481 Views
GovTech / CSA / IMDA
3 Replies, 1,009 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
554 Replies, 28,812 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2