How much are you earning per annum? - Page 1101 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11001 (permalink)  
Old 29-04-2017, 02:06 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You have done very well. Your HH income is higher than the median HH income. You own and live in a condo, this means you're in the top 20% and you own a car. These are big achievements. You deserve to retire in 10 years time. Top high flyer like you can surely retire well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
48 & 45. Total household income $150k pa. Total cash savings $30k pa. Debt free. We enjoy a middle class lifestyle. Owns a sporty car. Overseas holidays, twice a year. Eating at restaurants once a week. Our children enjoy the good life.

We plan to retire in 10 years time in our current paid up condo unit. By 2027, we should have about $750k cash savings, enough for us to retire. Our CPF Life will give us passive income starting from age 65.

We are happy with our success. Most importantly we have good relationships with our family, friends, colleagues and neighbours. We are contented and feel very fortunate.

Reply With Quote
  #11002 (permalink)  
Old 29-04-2017, 12:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

is the mkt very bad now? notice recently the forum not much discussion on any job, mostly seem to be just ppl panic over interview no reply and some usual bs i am rich post.

Reply With Quote
  #11003 (permalink)  
Old 30-04-2017, 11:28 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

My spouse and I are seriously considering to retire in KL when we reach 55. We will live on our passive income of RM100k pa. No need to buy a property as we will just rent a condo in the upscale district in KL.

Reply With Quote
  #11004 (permalink)  
Old 30-04-2017, 04:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My spouse and I are seriously considering to retire in KL when we reach 55. We will live on our passive income of RM100k pa. No need to buy a property as we will just rent a condo in the upscale district in KL.
Where are the upscale district in KL that you are thinking of? What is the rental per month there and what is your other estimated living cost per month when you retire in KL?

I have been thinking about retiring in KL but because of reasons like security and education for the kids etc., have not done so.
Reply With Quote
  #11005 (permalink)  
Old 01-05-2017, 05:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'm 47 and semi retired. Was an executive in the financial sector. I have made enough.

Now I do some advisory work to spend my time. I also have a lot more time to spend with my family. My children loves me so much more now as I have more time to talk to them, to advise them. I'm like their best friend.

I don't want to be super rich. I'm happy with my wealth. My quality of life is a lot better. Very happy now.
Reply With Quote
  #11006 (permalink)  
Old 01-05-2017, 11:24 PM
Unregistered_101
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Cause nothing interesting to talk about, just the same BS going round and round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
is the mkt very bad now? notice recently the forum not much discussion on any job, mostly seem to be just ppl panic over interview no reply and some usual bs i am rich post.
Reply With Quote
  #11007 (permalink)  
Old 02-05-2017, 01:21 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Where are the upscale district in KL that you are thinking of? What is the rental per month there and what is your other estimated living cost per month when you retire in KL?

I have been thinking about retiring in KL but because of reasons like security and education for the kids etc., have not done so.
How old are you? If you have school going kids, you can't retire now as Spore education is still the best in the world. My children will be grown ups by the time I retire at 56. I plan to rent in the KLCC vicinity. You can get a nice 2 bedder condo for RM2k pm. The other expenses include food, utilities, car, etc will be RM3k max. So RM5k for two retired persons is enough to enjoy a luxurious retirement.
Reply With Quote
  #11008 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2017, 03:10 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default The dark side of early retirement

For those contemplating early retirement, please read this insightful article by the Financial Samurai who retired early.

The article captured very well the dark side of early retirement.

financialsamurai.com/the-dark-side-of-early-retirement-risks-dangers/
Reply With Quote
  #11009 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2017, 04:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For those contemplating early retirement, please read this insightful article by the Financial Samurai who retired early.

The article captured very well the dark side of early retirement.

financialsamurai.com/the-dark-side-of-early-retirement-risks-dangers/
I totally agree with the author. We shouldn't retire in our 30s or 40s. That's why we are retiring only at 55. That's the time when we can collect our CPF monies and we have enough passive income for the two of us. Our children would also have started working and possibly married and living in their own cheap BTO HDB flat.
Reply With Quote
  #11010 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2017, 08:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I totally agree with the author. We shouldn't retire in our 30s or 40s. That's why we are retiring only at 55. That's the time when we can collect our CPF monies and we have enough passive income for the two of us. Our children would also have started working and possibly married and living in their own cheap BTO HDB flat.
High flyers bankers and finance professionals can retire in their 40s. They can devote their retirement life to contribute back to society by doing social work because they didn't have the time to help others when they were busy bankers.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 23 06-08-2017 06:46 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,592 Replies, 978,265 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,770 Replies, 492,218 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,869 Replies, 2,114,438 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,902 Replies, 1,754,115 Views
Salary Increment Rate ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
164 Replies, 233,768 Views
Which degree is the best return on... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
40 Replies, 8,782 Views
UBS Graduate Talent Program ( 1 2 3)
26 Replies, 20,315 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
51 Replies, 47,561 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,943 Replies, 5,170,222 Views
working under singhealth ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 17,437 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,054 Replies, 1,387,344 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
764 Replies, 508,716 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
319 Replies, 55,369 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
186 Replies, 58,838 Views
GIC career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
250 Replies, 314,516 Views
Finding a job and your salary
9 Replies, 1,270 Views
How useful is CMFAS in improving... ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 24,450 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,778 Replies, 834,534 Views
How difficult is it to change...
5 Replies, 751 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
118 Replies, 90,349 Views
OCBC Young Bankers Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
99 Replies, 71,599 Views
ExxonMobil 2020 Graduate Job...
3 Replies, 1,014 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
839 Replies, 420,591 Views
Advice Needed
3 Replies, 614 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
52 Replies, 50,331 Views
Telcos in Singapore ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 1,034 Views
Exxonmobil Commercial Track ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
58 Replies, 9,421 Views
GIC-Working Culture ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
34 Replies, 29,133 Views
31 yo liao no a levels/poly dip,... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
134 Replies, 24,882 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 15,134 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2