How much are you earning per annum? - Page 1065 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #10641 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2016, 02:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

At 70, I will stand for President Election.

Go ask them why they are working hard till to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is our most valuable asset?

It is our TIME. Our time on this temporary world is limited. If you die at age 100, then you have 36,500 days on this earth. If you die at 60, you will then have 21,900 days. If you die at 40, then your days will only be 14,600. But do we know when we will die? The answer is NO. We can die ANY TIME.

Given this reality, ask yourself HONESTLY. Do you know where you will be after you die? What is the true purpose of your life? Go and search for the REAL TRUTH. Be sincere in your heart in searching for the TRUTH.

While you are on this earth, what do you really want to achieve? Is your life all about earning and accumulating wealth as much as you can? Is that what life is all about?

A full life is not all about yourself and your family. Life is about caring for others, making the world a better place. It is about compassion and gratitude.

Do you want to work until you are 70 years old and then die at 75? Are you working so hard all your life only to enjoy 5 years of retirement? What if you die at 60? No retirement at all. All your millions will just go to your children who will happily enjoy your millions. They can retire immediately upon your demise.

The older we get, the more valuable our time is. What is the value of your time? Those who value their free time a lot will retire when they reach financial independence. They are then free to do what they like. They can travel the world, help the poor and needy, write a book, learn to cook, exercise more, read more books, reflect upon their existence in this world, pursue new hobbies, search for the REAL TRUTH, etc.

Think. Don't regret at your death bed.

Reply With Quote
  #10642 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2016, 01:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Very profound. Excellent. We must seek the true meaning of life in this temporary world.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is our most valuable asset?

It is our TIME. Our time on this temporary world is limited. If you die at age 100, then you have 36,500 days on this earth. If you die at 60, you will then have 21,900 days. If you die at 40, then your days will only be 14,600. But do we know when we will die? The answer is NO. We can die ANY TIME.

Given this reality, ask yourself HONESTLY. Do you know where you will be after you die? What is the true purpose of your life? Go and search for the REAL TRUTH. Be sincere in your heart in searching for the TRUTH.

While you are on this earth, what do you really want to achieve? Is your life all about earning and accumulating wealth as much as you can? Is that what life is all about?

A full life is not all about yourself and your family. Life is about caring for others, making the world a better place. It is about compassion and gratitude.

Do you want to work until you are 70 years old and then die at 75? Are you working so hard all your life only to enjoy 5 years of retirement? What if you die at 60? No retirement at all. All your millions will just go to your children who will happily enjoy your millions. They can retire immediately upon your demise.

The older we get, the more valuable our time is. What is the value of your time? Those who value their free time a lot will retire when they reach financial independence. They are then free to do what they like. They can travel the world, help the poor and needy, write a book, learn to cook, exercise more, read more books, reflect upon their existence in this world, pursue new hobbies, search for the REAL TRUTH, etc.

Think. Don't regret at your death bed.


Reply With Quote
  #10643 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2016, 05:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

fresh grad (25yrs old) - 60k per annum

Reply With Quote
  #10644 (permalink)  
Old 13-11-2016, 09:23 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Working 24/7?

Nobody would want to nor can work 24/7 - meaning 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Not too long ago, maybe 15 years ago, a lot of companies including the civil service require their employees to work 5 and a half days week. Having worked in those days and now, I can say that having a 2 day weekend definitely beats having one and half day weekend. That, however, does not mean that I am working fewer hours now. I am still easily clocking 45 hours or more each week. But having the 2 day weekend really allowed me to unwind and re-charge. I feel fresh and energized going into each new week.

Yes, we as humans, cannot work 24/7 but what about our money? Wouldn't it be nice to have income coming in while we sleep, while we unwind and relax and while we spend? Especially if you are nearing retirement like myself. At 56, I can perhaps working for another 6 years? With Trump taking over as the new US president next year, the world is a lot more uncertain. So, will the company able to let me work another 6 years?

To prepare for such uncertainties, I have been building up my passive income sources over the years. Yes, from those years when we were working 5 and a half days a week till today. Investing for passive income is a slow process, and initially you may even be discouraged by the slow returns. But like they say - good things come to those who wait!

When I first started investing, I was very reluctant to share with my wife and friends because what I was getting in passive income was insignificant, something like $200 - $300 per month. Friends were getting more from their fixed deposits interest!

Now, things are different. With the current year coming to a close, my tally of my passive income for this year comes up to $149k. It grew roughly by $10k each year for the last 4 years. It grew because of constant cash infusion into more investment plus reinvesting the passive income as I am still working.

Having passive income is akin to having multiple pay days throughout the year. My "busiest" income months are in May, August, October and November because of the investment mixed that I am currently having. Busiest because every few days I would have a few thousand dollars credited into my bank account. It is really a liberating feeling to see your account balance goes up instead of coming down when you go and withdraw money!

My points in sharing this are that:
1. We cannot work, neither do we want to work 24/7, but our money can!
2. Investing for income is a slow process but you have to start somewhere
3. If you don't need to use the passive income, reinvest them and see the compounding effect.
4. Having passive income stream is always a good hedge against an uncertain economy. It removes unnecessary stress. Life should be enjoyed and not be burdened with worries, especially over money.
Reply With Quote
  #10645 (permalink)  
Old 13-11-2016, 09:41 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Very profound. Excellent. We must seek the true meaning of life in this temporary world.
what true meaning of life and temporary world....at least before dying drove before at least a nice luxury car and stayed in a pretty condo? Ain't that better? rather than be a peasant take bus eat hawker see people drive merc and drool....is that true meaning of life? don't bullshit here....lazy and incapable then admit it...don't impose your attitude on others...will corrupt the society if everyone don't want to work ...
Reply With Quote
  #10646 (permalink)  
Old 13-11-2016, 09:47 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is our most valuable asset?

It is our TIME. Our time on this temporary world is limited. If you die at age 100, then you have 36,500 days on this earth. If you die at 60, you will then have 21,900 days. If you die at 40, then your days will only be 14,600. But do we know when we will die? The answer is NO. We can die ANY TIME.

Given this reality, ask yourself HONESTLY. Do you know where you will be after you die? What is the true purpose of your life? Go and search for the REAL TRUTH. Be sincere in your heart in searching for the TRUTH.

While you are on this earth, what do you really want to achieve? Is your life all about earning and accumulating wealth as much as you can? Is that what life is all about?

A full life is not all about yourself and your family. Life is about caring for others, making the world a better place. It is about compassion and gratitude.

Do you want to work until you are 70 years old and then die at 75? Are you working so hard all your life only to enjoy 5 years of retirement? What if you die at 60? No retirement at all. All your millions will just go to your children who will happily enjoy your millions. They can retire immediately upon your demise.

The older we get, the more valuable our time is. What is the value of your time? Those who value their free time a lot will retire when they reach financial independence. They are then free to do what they like. They can travel the world, help the poor and needy, write a book, learn to cook, exercise more, read more books, reflect upon their existence in this world, pursue new hobbies, search for the REAL TRUTH, etc.

Think. Don't regret at your death bed.
Can share how to make the world a better place? i smell some serious bullshit here...help ourselves first with a decent job, settle our family then help others....

Work till 70? why not? if someone enjoys what he is doing? at least keep the mind healthy rather than stay home rot....and can live decently with a working income....

REAL TRUTH? even trump don't talk about that..care to share???
Reply With Quote

  #10647 (permalink)  
Old 13-11-2016, 11:22 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You should aspire more. Don't rest on your laurels. Are you currently living in a condo? If you are, you should work harder to own a bungalow with a private swimming pool and private gym so that you don't have to share with others. A GCB costs $20 million. Work harder and longer, as long as you can. Don't be easily satisfied. All the best.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Nobody would want to nor can work 24/7 - meaning 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Not too long ago, maybe 15 years ago, a lot of companies including the civil service require their employees to work 5 and a half days week. Having worked in those days and now, I can say that having a 2 day weekend definitely beats having one and half day weekend. That, however, does not mean that I am working fewer hours now. I am still easily clocking 45 hours or more each week. But having the 2 day weekend really allowed me to unwind and re-charge. I feel fresh and energized going into each new week.

Yes, we as humans, cannot work 24/7 but what about our money? Wouldn't it be nice to have income coming in while we sleep, while we unwind and relax and while we spend? Especially if you are nearing retirement like myself. At 56, I can perhaps working for another 6 years? With Trump taking over as the new US president next year, the world is a lot more uncertain. So, will the company able to let me work another 6 years?

To prepare for such uncertainties, I have been building up my passive income sources over the years. Yes, from those years when we were working 5 and a half days a week till today. Investing for passive income is a slow process, and initially you may even be discouraged by the slow returns. But like they say - good things come to those who wait!

When I first started investing, I was very reluctant to share with my wife and friends because what I was getting in passive income was insignificant, something like $200 - $300 per month. Friends were getting more from their fixed deposits interest!

Now, things are different. With the current year coming to a close, my tally of my passive income for this year comes up to $149k. It grew roughly by $10k each year for the last 4 years. It grew because of constant cash infusion into more investment plus reinvesting the passive income as I am still working.

Having passive income is akin to having multiple pay days throughout the year. My "busiest" income months are in May, August, October and November because of the investment mixed that I am currently having. Busiest because every few days I would have a few thousand dollars credited into my bank account. It is really a liberating feeling to see your account balance goes up instead of coming down when you go and withdraw money!

My points in sharing this are that:
1. We cannot work, neither do we want to work 24/7, but our money can!
2. Investing for income is a slow process but you have to start somewhere
3. If you don't need to use the passive income, reinvest them and see the compounding effect.
4. Having passive income stream is always a good hedge against an uncertain economy. It removes unnecessary stress. Life should be enjoyed and not be burdened with worries, especially over money.
Reply With Quote
  #10648 (permalink)  
Old 13-11-2016, 02:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Nobody would want to nor can work 24/7 - meaning 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Not too long ago, maybe 15 years ago, a lot of companies including the civil service require their employees to work 5 and a half days week. Having worked in those days and now, I can say that having a 2 day weekend definitely beats having one and half day weekend. That, however, does not mean that I am working fewer hours now. I am still easily clocking 45 hours or more each week. But having the 2 day weekend really allowed me to unwind and re-charge. I feel fresh and energized going into each new week.

Yes, we as humans, cannot work 24/7 but what about our money? Wouldn't it be nice to have income coming in while we sleep, while we unwind and relax and while we spend? Especially if you are nearing retirement like myself. At 56, I can perhaps working for another 6 years? With Trump taking over as the new US president next year, the world is a lot more uncertain. So, will the company able to let me work another 6 years?

To prepare for such uncertainties, I have been building up my passive income sources over the years. Yes, from those years when we were working 5 and a half days a week till today. Investing for passive income is a slow process, and initially you may even be discouraged by the slow returns. But like they say - good things come to those who wait!

When I first started investing, I was very reluctant to share with my wife and friends because what I was getting in passive income was insignificant, something like $200 - $300 per month. Friends were getting more from their fixed deposits interest!

Now, things are different. With the current year coming to a close, my tally of my passive income for this year comes up to $149k. It grew roughly by $10k each year for the last 4 years. It grew because of constant cash infusion into more investment plus reinvesting the passive income as I am still working.

Having passive income is akin to having multiple pay days throughout the year. My "busiest" income months are in May, August, October and November because of the investment mixed that I am currently having. Busiest because every few days I would have a few thousand dollars credited into my bank account. It is really a liberating feeling to see your account balance goes up instead of coming down when you go and withdraw money!

My points in sharing this are that:
1. We cannot work, neither do we want to work 24/7, but our money can!
2. Investing for income is a slow process but you have to start somewhere
3. If you don't need to use the passive income, reinvest them and see the compounding effect.
4. Having passive income stream is always a good hedge against an uncertain economy. It removes unnecessary stress. Life should be enjoyed and not be burdened with worries, especially over money.
Agree. May I know what do you invest in?
Reply With Quote
  #10649 (permalink)  
Old 13-11-2016, 07:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Passive income? Might as well work harder .. My job simply doesn't allow me time to think of such.. A sales deal could mean $15k and above ... Wait for three months just to make $2-5k of passive? Don't waste my time
Reply With Quote
  #10650 (permalink)  
Old 13-11-2016, 08:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default How Passive Income Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Passive income? Might as well work harder .. My job simply doesn't allow me time to think of such.. A sales deal could mean $15k and above ... Wait for three months just to make $2-5k of passive? Don't waste my time
Passive income, by its very definition, means income that does not depend on your own labour. Intrinsic in that definition, is that it depends on the labour of others, people like yourself who work hard and indirectly for investors like myself.

Passive income is good for all age groups. When you are young, full of energy and drive, and hardworking, passive income will help speed up your wealth build up. When your passive income reached a certain amount it can be like another family member working and contributing to the overall family income. When you are old and retired, passive income can be like a silent worker working for you while you sit back and enjoy your retirement years.

For the whole scheme of things to work, there must be people working hard in those companies that I invest in. People like yourself and myself, since I am still working. So I was obviously concerned when I read that many people after attending Robert Kiyosaki's seminar had wanted to quit their work, and go into investment instead. Imagine a world of investors with no one working. The whole scheme will collapse!

I was therefore heartened that there are people who work hard and can pull in money/profits for the companies they work for, which inevitably means good dividends for investors like myself.

I was also therefore very disappointed with those who retire young and waste away their time and talent looking out windows and developing a fear of peak hour traffic.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 25 23-04-2021 10:40 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,322 Replies, 1,262,967 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,775 Replies, 1,045,673 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,644 Replies, 2,265,330 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,314 Replies, 4,055,744 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,620 Replies, 1,533,615 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,831 Replies, 2,341,163 Views
Promotion Increment in Healthcare...
6 Replies, 2,019 Views
Credit Suisse vs Rabo Bank vs OCBC ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 5,816 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,666 Replies, 1,934,209 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,077 Replies, 6,913,447 Views
Banking Tech vs Consulting ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
74 Replies, 2,500 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
372 Replies, 217,581 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,640 Replies, 416,723 Views
How much CPF do u have? ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 15,673 Views
Grab Software Developer Fresh... ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 3,669 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
332 Replies, 84,160 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
636 Replies, 149,580 Views
Goldman Sachs - AMD, Third Party...
7 Replies, 1,036 Views
Difficult to switch from Public To... ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 9,898 Views
Anyone work for Casino (RWS/MBS) ?... ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 22,444 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
305 Replies, 283,858 Views
Working at Maybank Singapore ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 4,884 Views
Do not join Big 4 Audit firm as a...
7 Replies, 1,452 Views
Anyone working in NTU... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
108 Replies, 119,193 Views
Civil Service Bonus Mid-2021
1 Replies, 402 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
133 Replies, 163,013 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
95 Replies, 50,092 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
217 Replies, 89,194 Views
NEED ADVICE!! LAZADA Business...
8 Replies, 1,043 Views
FDM - Technical Graduate Program
1 Replies, 421 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2