Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How much are you earning per annum? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/831-how-much-you-earning-per-annum.html)

Unregistered 26-09-2016 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Today is a blessed day. Nice weather.

As I look out the window, I feel blessed as I can afford to enjoy the morning, lying on my bed. I recalled my earlier days as a high flying corporate executive. Those days were crazy days, rushing early in the morning, stuck in traffic, rushing from one meeting to another, flying from one city to another, rain or shine.

But it was worth it as the hard work enables me to earn a fortune. I had plenty of cash to invest. I invested by big salaries and bonuses instead of splurging on expensive cars and other wasteful things. My many years of investments paid off extremely well. I'm now happily retired, my passive income from investments easily sustains my family. They are enjoying a good life too - living in a nice condo, going overseas holidays, driven around in a car, enjoying good food at restaurants, etc.

As a multi millionaire, I'm still busy, busy managing and growing my wealth, busy pursuing the many interests I had no time for previously, busy taking good care of my family, busy spending time with my very old parents and busy volunteering at charities and non profit organisations. Life is more meaningful and fulfilling. I'm healthier and happier.

In life, you have to make tough choices. Choose the wrong career and you can be working all your life. There are people who did not enjoy a single day of retirement. They died before they retired. That's sad.

Choose the right high paying career, work hard, be the best in your field, invest well and become a multi millionaire. You can then afford to retire early and enjoy a full life.

Unregistered 26-09-2016 10:42 PM

32 yr old couple. Combines annual income $170k inclusive of bonus.

Unregistered 26-09-2016 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90719)

Where do you live? Flat or condo?

Unregistered 27-09-2016 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90721)
Where do you live? Flat or condo?

We are staying in our first BTO flat

Unregistered 27-09-2016 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90723)
We are staying in our first BTO flat

Lucky couple. Enjoy your BTO, it is your right as a Singaporean

Unregistered 28-09-2016 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90719)

Civil servant? Seems reasonable for that age band.

Unregistered 02-10-2016 12:19 PM

4 room flat, paid up. No car.
50 & 52 years old.
Earning $100k pa total.
Saves $30k pa total.
$1.1m net worth total. No debt.
Will work until 65.
Hope we will not die before retirement.

Unregistered 03-10-2016 06:52 PM

55, $100k pa. 54, $84k pa. lives in a three bedder condo, est value $980k. Mortgage outstanding $80k. Bought a new car, loan outstanding $50k. Other assets include cash, stocks, CPF savings and others. Couple net worth, $1.5m. Couple net worth target by 65, $2m.

Unregistered 03-10-2016 08:36 PM

How to you intend to save $500k in 10 years? Seems like a tall order?

Unregistered 04-10-2016 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90895)
55, $100k pa. 54, $84k pa. lives in a three bedder condo, est value $980k. Mortgage outstanding $80k. Bought a new car, loan outstanding $50k. Other assets include cash, stocks, CPF savings and others. Couple net worth, $1.5m. Couple net worth target by 65, $2m.

You don't have to wait until 65 to retire. As long as your children are grown up, working, married and living in their own BTO flat, you can retire in Penang, Johor, Malacca or KL.

You can clear your your mortgage easily. Then rent it out for $3k pm. Convert to RM and you get RM9k pm of passsive income. This is more than enough to live a good life in Malaysia.

You can rent a two bedroom condo for RM1.5k pm.

Enjoy life. You never know when you will die. You could die earlier than you think especially if you have a very stressful and demanding job.