Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

How much are you earning per annum?

Old 10-08-2016, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Today is a blessed day. Nice weather.

As I look out the window, I feel blessed as I can afford to enjoy the morning, lying on my bed. I recalled my earlier days as a high flying corporate executive. Those days were crazy days, rushing early in the morning, stuck in traffic, rushing from one meeting to another, flying from one city to another, rain or shine.

But it was worth it as the hard work enables me to earn a fortune. I had plenty of cash to invest. I invested by big salaries and bonuses instead of splurging on expensive cars and other wasteful things. My many years of investments paid off extremely well. I'm now happily retired, my passive income from investments easily sustains my family. They are enjoying a good life too - living in a nice condo, going overseas holidays, driven around in a car, enjoying good food at restaurants, etc.

As a multi millionaire, I'm still busy, busy managing and growing my wealth, busy pursuing the many interests I had no time for previously, busy taking good care of my family, busy spending time with my very old parents and busy volunteering at charities and non profit organisations. Life is more meaningful and fulfilling. I'm healthier and happier.

In life, you have to make tough choices. Choose the wrong career and you can be working all your life. There are people who did not enjoy a single day of retirement. They died before they retired. That's sad.

Choose the right high paying career, work hard, be the best in your field, invest well and become a multi millionaire. You can then afford to retire early and enjoy a full life.
Poor guy, his millions made him go crazy and he now posts the same things on online forums daily. A good example for us younger guys here to learn from. Don't go crazy over money like this man.

Old 10-08-2016, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Poor guy, his millions made him go crazy and he now posts the same things on online forums daily. A good example for us younger guys here to learn from. Don't go crazy over money like this man.
Since you are still youngsters, you have many years ahead of you to work harder instead of making envious remarks. Have a positive mindset. Don't be strawberries and weaklings. Work hard to own a luxury condo and a car. If you own these two, you are among the top 20% of Singapore society.

Old 10-08-2016, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Since you are still youngsters, you have many years ahead of you to work harder instead of making envious remarks. Have a positive mindset. Don't be strawberries and weaklings. Work hard to own a luxury condo and a car. If you own these two, you are among the top 20% of Singapore society.
We own 2 properties however we REFUSE to buy a car as it basically just increases our contribution to nation building. So disagree on the car bit for top 20%....

Old 10-08-2016, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
We own 2 properties however we REFUSE to buy a car as it basically just increases our contribution to nation building. So disagree on the car bit for top 20%....
If you own 2 PRIVATE PROPERTIES, you are in the TOP 4%.

If you own HDB flat + one private property, you are only in the top 16%.

If you own two 2 PRIVATE PROPERTIES and car, you're in the TOP 2%.

If you own 3 PRIVATE PROPERTIES, you're in the TOP 0.8%.
Old 11-08-2016, 02:49 AM
Unregistered

I suppose this post/forum is to see how rich you are.

compare to the top 5 in Singapore:
#1 Robert & Philip Ng ($8.6b)
#2 Kwek Leng Beng ($7.6b)
#3 Eduardo Saverin ($7.2b)
#4 Khoo family ($6.3b)
#5 Goh Cheng Liang ($5.7b)

are you somewhere close ... ?

compare to Bill Gates (US$78.1 b), all of us here will be thrown off this planet.

but the usual mentality of a typical Singaporean is such:
"I don't care how rich these billionaires are. as long as I am richer than you, I win liao. You lose."
Old 11-08-2016, 07:41 AM
Unregistered

It's foolish to compare ourselves with the billionaires.

Just compare yourself with your past. If you grew up in a small public flat and now you own and live in a private property, then you're successful.

If you grew up in a bungalow but now living in a public flat, then you're not successful.

The journey towards your success is also very important. If you work hard and make an honest living, then you can be proud of yourself. However if you prosper because you cheat, lie, back stab people so that you can move up, then you're absolutely nothing.

You know yourself. Just take a pause and reflect upon your life. Have you contributed back to society? If you've not, then you should. It makes you a truly successful person.

Quote:
I suppose this post/forum is to see how rich you are.

compare to the top 5 in Singapore:
#1 Robert & Philip Ng ($8.6b)
#2 Kwek Leng Beng ($7.6b)
#3 Eduardo Saverin ($7.2b)
#4 Khoo family ($6.3b)
#5 Goh Cheng Liang ($5.7b)

are you somewhere close ... ?

compare to Bill Gates (US$78.1 b), all of us here will be thrown off this planet.

but the usual mentality of a typical Singaporean is such:
"I don't care how rich these billionaires are. as long as I am richer than you, I win liao. You lose."

Old 11-08-2016, 09:02 AM
Unregistered

As I look out the window, I feel blessed as I can afford to enjoy the morning, lying on my bed. I recalled my earlier days as a high flying corporate executive. Those days were crazy days, rushing early in the morning, stuck in traffic, rushing from one meeting to another, flying from one city to another, rain or shine.

But it was worth it as the hard work enables me to earn a fortune. I had plenty of cash to invest. I invested by big salaries and bonuses instead of splurging on expensive cars and other wasteful things. My many years of investments paid off extremely well. I'm now happily retired, my passive income from investments easily sustains my family. They are enjoying a good life too - living in a nice condo, going overseas holidays, driven around in a car, enjoying good food at restaurants, etc.

As a multi millionaire, I'm still busy, busy managing and growing my wealth, busy pursuing the many interests I had no time for previously, busy taking good care of my family, busy spending time with my very old parents and busy volunteering at charities and non profit organisations. Life is more meaningful and fulfilling. I'm healthier and happier.

In life, you have to make tough choices. Choose the wrong career and you can be working all your life. There are people who did not enjoy a single day of retirement. They died before they retired. That's sad.

Choose the right high paying career, work hard, be the best in your field, invest well and become a multi millionaire. You can then afford to retire early and enjoy a full life.
Old 11-08-2016, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

You are right. Just try your best and be contented.

Quote:
It's foolish to compare ourselves with the billionaires.

Just compare yourself with your past. If you grew up in a small public flat and now you own and live in a private property, then you're successful.

If you grew up in a bungalow but now living in a public flat, then you're not successful.

The journey towards your success is also very important. If you work hard and make an honest living, then you can be proud of yourself. However if you prosper because you cheat, lie, back stab people so that you can move up, then you're absolutely nothing.

You know yourself. Just take a pause and reflect upon your life. Have you contributed back to society? If you've not, then you should. It makes you a truly successful person.
Old 11-08-2016, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

Thank you for the inspiration.

Quote:

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 12-08-2016, 02:21 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

From the way you keep repeating these boastful paragraphs, some readers here may be convinced that you have moved up substantially in financial success. However I have doubt about your "family". They are mentioned just to add flavour to your story.
I believe you are basically a lonely old man with no wife or any children. Therefore your "family life success/happiness" should be non existent or zero.