Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Is it difficult for Private Degree holders to get a Govt jobs? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/8250-difficult-private-degree-holders-get-govt-jobs.html)

dreamzknight 21-12-2016 05:38 PM

Is it difficult for Private Degree holders to get a Govt jobs?

As above.........

Unregistered 23-12-2016 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamzknight (Post 93204)
As above.........

If your private degree is in the list of recognised University, there shouldn't be a problem. The only issue is that you may be offered the same starting grade as the diploma holders.

Unregistered 23-12-2016 02:15 PM

Private deg are usually offered 2 ranks below a local uni grad. If you have 2-3 years of relevant exp, sometimes they might offer you 1 rank below instead.

Unregistered 25-12-2016 10:55 AM

Im an SIM-UOL grad working in MSF, started as MX13 like most local uni grad and same payscale. Definitely wont be high flyer but still better than private, volatile economy now.

Might be slightly difficult to get in, but if u never apply, u'll never know. As they say, you wont win the lottery without buying a ticket.

Unregistered 26-12-2016 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 93272)
Im an SIM-UOL grad working in MSF, started as MX13 like most local uni grad and same payscale. Definitely wont be high flyer but still better than private, volatile economy now.

Might be slightly difficult to get in, but if u never apply, u'll never know. As they say, you wont win the lottery without buying a ticket.

MSF is different, they are likely the most unpopular ministry to work at due to nature of work and limited prospects.

Unregistered 26-12-2016 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 93293)
MSF is different, they are likely the most unpopular ministry to work at due to nature of work and limited prospects.

Actually its not that bad lah, as long as no major screw up reaching AD level at 40 yo is still possible. It's a very stable job, definitely must have the heart for it and not for those who want promotions and money.

Unregistered 28-12-2016 03:24 AM

You will retire at 1 rank below local uni grads. The average NUS grad might retire at DD, but you'll retire at AD. Pay grade also slightly lower. As a private uni grad, you'll be rewarded better in the corporate world, don't join the civil service unless you're desperate.

msf guy 30-12-2016 12:47 AM

yeah a lot of people will say the corporate world will be better for us DL grads. but considering the job fulfilment, stability and my personal stand that money and position is not everything, i believe i have made the right choice. i go to work happy and go home knowing i have helped someone.

Unregistered 30-12-2016 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msf guy (Post 93392)
yeah a lot of people will say the corporate world will be better for us DL grads. but considering the job fulfilment, stability and my personal stand that money and position is not everything, i believe i have made the right choice. i go to work happy and go home knowing i have helped someone.

How u managed to get in govt sector with DL degree? they accept pte degree?

Unregistered 12-01-2017 04:41 PM

Not true. I have an UniSIM degree. joined one of the SBs on the same grade as local grads and managed to switch over to two other SBs on a higher grade each time.