How is life as a doctor in Singapore? - Page 21 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

How is life as a doctor in Singapore?

Old 28-12-2015, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

Red face Please help to fill the small survey

Hello, i apology that asking some help to my researching study work. i am student of JCU in Singapore and i'm doing research about software program in hospital/clinic. Therefore i need doctors opinion and ideas. Please help me to get feedback of this survey, it has few questions and takes just couple of minutes!
You could find survey link below

<moderator deleted>

Thank you very much for your help and support
Have a good day

Old 29-12-2015, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

Smile How's job market in Gastroenterology?

Hi, I'm an oversea's doctor.
I'm currently doing my fellowship in gastroenterology in my country and thinking about moving to S'pore the following year. How's the job market in the field of gastroenterology. It's quite popular and already overflowing in my country.. I wonder how the situation is in S'pore. Thank you.

Old 10-01-2016, 07:28 AM
Unregistered

Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Easy. Travel here, visit our hospitals and talk to our MOs ("junior doctors").

Never trust the web, like you don't trust recruiters and agents.
more like slave is true description.only want juniors to work.

Old 10-01-2016, 07:31 AM
Unregistered

Exclamation bitten by two mad dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon2 View Post
if i were you, i will be locuming & travelling during my spare time. there are many locum shifts available in the UK.
job in UK is much better if you will be bitten by two mad dog simultaneously then you will plan to do job in singapore.
Old 21-01-2016, 07:29 AM

Jyu777 is on a distinguished road
Default Anesthesia consultant starting salary

Hello; Does anyone have information on the typical salary of an associate anesthetist consultant in singapore? Any expats out there that have transitioned from abroad to singapore?
Old 12-02-2016, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

Post doctor in singapore

foreign graduate should think 1000 times before coming;sounds good working in singapore but no future scope.policy is to take maximum possible work from them without making them skilled.No carrier development,always biased that singaporean doctors are the best,any one may be trained in best of the institute but their wonderland their institute is the best.working like frog in well which think this well is the world.place is very costly and you end up spending more than 60% of salary saving potential is very low.there is no work life balance for junior doctors.Resident physician, clinical associate, registrar,research fellow,fellow and MO is same for them;all of them do the same job of MO.There is no respect for doctor among public,for them i am paying you see me at 1 AM in night.Except training positions doctors are not trained or promoted by hospital,they are made to work like slave.doing duty more than 24 hours is it not inhuman in normal circumstance.still they make you do duty more than 24 hours and no off after that.
If you are not in dire need for job pls do not go to singapore;all your dream will be shattered when you start working there.still if you do not agree experience your self and do not blame reviewer that they did not warn earlier.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app

Old 12-02-2016, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

Default reply

dear ronnie
point is not about leaving singapore or living in singapore.world is our space to live;i understand the hardship in making singapore a good country to live.But now the people are becoming a bit intolerant to critics.All the critics is with an aim to make a better world.
we all know good point about singapore but at the same time we have to strive to make this a much better country.
so saying you leave the country is not the answer to this.likewise if all other countries of world tell you do not come in my country,how will you feel.so please be a bit sober in speech and thought.
hope u understand my point of view.Manila,mumbai,KL,sydney and london are good cities,appreciate their beauty and their wealth.pls go and see them with your own eyes and try to find good aspect of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singaporean Ronnie View Post
Well, if you guys don't like Singapore, you are always free to leave, after all, it is not even your own country.

Surely you can find a place where you are satisfied with in cities such as London or Sydney or KL or Mumbai.

Let us look at the Singaporean side of the scoreboard once again:

One of the highest lifespan in the world
One of the most modern countries, if not the most modern
One of the cleanest country, if not the cleanest
Low crime rate
3rd highest per capita GDP (by PPP)
Probably the cleanest country I have been to
People are generally polite, nice and well-mannered.
Low unemployment

Take care foreign-trained doctors! Try not to fly out of Changi Airport as well (Best airport in the world) or on SIA (Best airline in the world) as well!

I am sure the work-life balance in Sydney or Mumbai or Manila is better. After all, you might not even have a job in work in, so the balance is tilted overwhelmingly towards 'life' until your savings run out.

You don't have to worry about the metro breaking down once every six months or a year, because you won't have a metro near your residence or workplace anyway. You probably won't even have direct buses as well.

Enjoy the slums in Manila or Mumbai. Or enjoy the low wages (after high tax deductions), high cost of living (say good bye to 3-8 sgd meals everywhere), alcoholic/drugs-taking culture, high unemployment, high crime rates, and fewer opportunities in backwards cities London, Paris, Sydney or New York.

Bon voyage docs!
Old 12-02-2016, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

Default reply

dear doc
you will be treated as non singaporean doctor are being treated.If you want to come for money please figure out how much salary you are getting you will spend atlas 60-80% of your salary on living food child education etc.Forget about car but public transport is good.
if you r satisfied with life in your country first come and work here for few months then take a decision yourself.do not dismantle the base in your country before adjusting at this place.lot of people go back after few months as they consider their previous life and workplace was better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I'm an oversea's doctor.
I'm currently doing my fellowship in gastroenterology in my country and thinking about moving to S'pore the following year. How's the job market in the field of gastroenterology. It's quite popular and already overflowing in my country.. I wonder how the situation is in S'pore. Thank you.
Old 19-02-2016, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

Angry do not come to this concrete jungle

dear all
doctor the most benign social peace loving human on this planet is like alien in singapore for public and singaporean doctor.They want to recruit philipino,malaysian,indonesian and indian doctor as servant working for super master.Even the junior most medical officer will be in level 2 supervision but if you are foreign trained doctor FRCS/MRCP still you work as service registrar;never think that you will become consultant.Always they will put you in level 1 or level 2 now they have even made level 3 supervision. guys who will not have any comparison with you in international scenario as a doctor will treat or humiliate you that you will regret why your became a doctor itself.OK even if you became doctor why you chose to come to singapore.Here you spend attest 2500-3000 s$ in accommodation 2000-3000 s$ in children education 1000-1500s$ in food and other expenses forget about car etc.over and above to that at all places things are costly for foreigners and subsidised for singaporean.
my view may sound extreme but i feel like this. New generation of singaporean are intolerant arrogant and they feel that they are rich and other part of world is poor.On the contrary other part of world also have better infrastructure and resources and freedom and many more things that they can never relish.
Grass is greener on the other side of fence,this proverb is true about anyone coming to singapore.You realise after joining that you have done one of the biggest mistake coming here as doctor.No respect,no manners,no sense of responsibility among singaporean doctors.Internal cut and commissions have been legalised in one way or another in singapore as work performance bonus or higher salary for high ups who work the least and they want foreign trained doctors to work like ass.
think 100 times before coming to singapore.

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 23-02-2016, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

pls give some opinion on
1)getting a residency placement in surgery in singapore after passing my mrcs and completing my housemanship in malaysia?
2)can i sit for frcs in singapore?
3) should i skip my hosuemanship in malaysia and directly go to singapore to be a houseman and proceed on with a residency placement in general surgery or pediatrics?

how hard to get a placement in residency programme?