How is life as a doctor in Singapore? - Page 91 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How is life as a doctor in Singapore?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #901 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2019, 12:05 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why do people here seem to think bonuses are their right? The same thing at the civil service forum. Cant practice abit more gratefulness? At least still got AWS
It is a sinkie thing.

Spoilt.

Reply With Quote
  #902 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2019, 12:23 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Bonuses so little. Go to any private organisation their bonuses are do much higher then what government workers get



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #903 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2019, 02:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Doctors or lawyers or bankers get paid more with 10 years experience?

Reply With Quote
  #904 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2019, 05:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Doctors or lawyers or bankers get paid more with 10 years experience?
Top lawyers >> top doctors

Average lawyers > average doctor

Mediocre lawyer < mediocre doctor

Where > is greater than and < is lesser than.

The standard deviation of doctor income is narrower.


Every medical graduate has a job even the mediocre ones, pays about 5k.
On the other hand lawyers may not even get tc especially for the mediocre ones.

However, good things dont last. A few years in, a senior associate will usually earn as much as a restructured hosp consultant.

When the top lawyer becomes partner, his/her pay is also more than that of a enterprising specialist in pte practice.

So it depends whether are average or not. Average choose medicine. Great calibre law is better
Reply With Quote
  #905 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2019, 11:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Top lawyers >> top doctors

Average lawyers > average doctor

Mediocre lawyer < mediocre doctor

Where > is greater than and < is lesser than.

The standard deviation of doctor income is narrower.


Every medical graduate has a job even the mediocre ones, pays about 5k.
On the other hand lawyers may not even get tc especially for the mediocre ones.

However, good things dont last. A few years in, a senior associate will usually earn as much as a restructured hosp consultant.

When the top lawyer becomes partner, his/her pay is also more than that of a enterprising specialist in pte practice.

So it depends whether are average or not. Average choose medicine. Great calibre law is better
Law is better in general.

Also the top earners in Law are WAY out in front of doctors. Even the PAP ministers don't use doctors salaries as part of their benchmark for their own salaries. But they do use Lawyers salaries.
Reply With Quote
  #906 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2019, 12:52 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Law is better in general.

Also the top earners in Law are WAY out in front of doctors. Even the PAP ministers don't use doctors salaries as part of their benchmark for their own salaries. But they do use Lawyers salaries.
Absolutely right. lawyers are better in general.

The keyword is general. But you must consider the subgroup analysis.
If you are on this forum, chances is that you are mediocre, so medicine is a better prospect.
The bottom decile of doctor is earns better than bottom decile of lawyers.

Although i admit that the both median and mean salary lawyers are superior.
Reply With Quote

  #907 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2019, 05:21 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Absolutely right. lawyers are better in general.

The keyword is general. But you must consider the subgroup analysis.
If you are on this forum, chances is that you are mediocre, so medicine is a better prospect.
The bottom decile of doctor is earns better than bottom decile of lawyers.

Although i admit that the both median and mean salary lawyers are superior.
Bottom decile is bottom 10%. Means the crap. They deserve to be paid badly regardless what field it is.

Why would anybody even attempt to compare fields using the lousiest performers? Unless they belong to that group themselves.

I am certainly not in my bottom decile and cant ne bothered what that group makes.

Aim high or dont aim at all.
Reply With Quote
  #908 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2019, 05:52 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'm an accountant and I earn more than the lawyers and doctors 100%
Reply With Quote
  #909 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2019, 08:37 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm an accountant and I earn more than the lawyers and doctors 100%
That's awesome. Congrats!
Reply With Quote
  #910 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2019, 11:22 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Absolutely right. lawyers are better in general.

The keyword is general. But you must consider the subgroup analysis.
If you are on this forum, chances is that you are mediocre, so medicine is a better prospect.
The bottom decile of doctor is earns better than bottom decile of lawyers.

Although i admit that the both median and mean salary lawyers are superior.
What's the mean and median salary for lawyers?

My understanding is that there is a huge variation, depending on whether you work for a local firm or an international firm.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What happened to Life Sciences? Salary.sg Education and Personal Growth 50 22-05-2013 12:58 PM
What work-life balance? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 02-06-2008 11:48 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 4,464 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,175 Replies, 2,691,399 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
788 Replies, 388,529 Views
Year end bonus for civil service ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
353 Replies, 72,974 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,047 Replies, 1,527,326 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,001 Replies, 7,677,888 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,875 Replies, 4,490,728 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
217 Replies, 82,829 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,331 Replies, 2,678,209 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,255 Replies, 1,539,646 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
674 Replies, 340,630 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
134 Replies, 140,689 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,545 Replies, 769,601 Views
Credit Suisse ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
154 Replies, 98,489 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
285 Replies, 162,346 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,951 Replies, 5,074,756 Views
Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
212 Replies, 176,094 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,260 Replies, 320,051 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,932 Replies, 650,070 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,812 Replies, 2,169,504 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,412 Replies, 647,196 Views
Htx ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 2,388 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
295 Replies, 118,968 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
553 Replies, 324,560 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,074 Replies, 777,954 Views
Changi Airport Group ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
420 Replies, 407,024 Views
How much CPF do u have? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
42 Replies, 21,914 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
173 Replies, 115,933 Views
Citibank Technology Analyst Program ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 7,998 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2