How is life as a doctor in Singapore? - Page 399 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How is life as a doctor in Singapore?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3981 (permalink)  
Old 01-07-2022, 07:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not sure of this is the right thread to ask, but does anyone know if it is easy to get gp/FM training jobs overseas in English speaking countries like UK, Canada, USA, Australia, new Zealand.

I am thinking of going overseas to practice for a while and potentially migrate there for good. I understand that I will have to redo all training and the pay likely not as good as Singapore. But I am just bored of Singapore and it's healthcare tbh.

(Background: I studied in UK but left after FY1 back in 2016)
I am a doctor practising in the UK. do you want to drop your email or telegram here and I can fill you in more of the current situation in the uk job market.

Reply With Quote
  #3982 (permalink)  
Old 01-07-2022, 10:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a doctor practising in the UK. do you want to drop your email or telegram here and I can fill you in more of the current situation in the uk job market.
Op here

Telegram: kofrules

Reply With Quote
  #3983 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2022, 11:09 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Op here

Telegram: kofrules
Again you. kofrules

Ask so many times already.

You are the no action talk only type

Reply With Quote
  #3984 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2022, 12:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Again you. kofrules

Ask so many times already.

You are the no action talk only type
do you know talking itself is therapeutic.
do you know psychotherapy is as good as drug for depression
while i no action only talk, it is therapeutic to me.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #3985 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2022, 05:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Does anyone know if it is possible to complete diploma in occupational med while still employed by moh? I understand the final assessment requires a case report of a workplace, not sure how to fulfill that if still under moh?


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #3986 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2022, 07:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Does anyone know if it is possible to complete diploma in occupational med while still employed by moh? I understand the final assessment requires a case report of a workplace, not sure how to fulfill that if still under moh?
Beri hard

Occupational diploma is for dfd
U want to have dfd in coz u Harbour thoughts of running away
So expecting to be disloyal yet want a good assessment is impossible

However I highly encourage u to join prevent med residency and specialize in occupational health
Reply With Quote

  #3987 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2022, 09:53 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not sure of this is the right thread to ask, but does anyone know if it is easy to get gp/FM training jobs overseas in English speaking countries like UK, Canada, USA, Australia, new Zealand.

I am thinking of going overseas to practice for a while and potentially migrate there for good. I understand that I will have to redo all training and the pay likely not as good as Singapore. But I am just bored of Singapore and it's healthcare tbh.

(Background: I studied in UK but left after FY1 back in 2016)
Aussie full-time GP (40 hours a week) is A$300-500k++ per year hence why UK GPs quitting NHS and migrating en masse down under, but some difficulty getting into training program for IMGs. More income if you do procedures (allowed in Aussie but not in SG). There is a big facebook group for UK GPs looking to work in Australia, but not the other way around.

Psychiatry easier to get into than GP training in Aussie for IMGs and similarly paid. Paeds is lowest paid specialty in Aussie, easiest to get in but most of their trainees really enjoy treating kids.
Reply With Quote
  #3988 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2022, 12:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

any doctors here are aware of a fake dr David tan going around masquerading as a doctor?
Reply With Quote
  #3989 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2022, 08:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Aussie full-time GP (40 hours a week) is A$300-500k++ per year hence why UK GPs quitting NHS and migrating en masse down under, but some difficulty getting into training program for IMGs. More income if you do procedures (allowed in Aussie but not in SG). There is a big facebook group for UK GPs looking to work in Australia, but not the other way around.

Psychiatry easier to get into than GP training in Aussie for IMGs and similarly paid. Paeds is lowest paid specialty in Aussie, easiest to get in but most of their trainees really enjoy treating kids.
40 hours a week making 300k to 500k in auzzie?
haha
haha
haha
haha
u must be peddling drugs on the side.
u might bill 300k in that time. remember revenue != profit
billings is 70 percent of ur billings.
u take back 200 to 240 k nia.
after 30 percent net tax, left 150 to 160k.
one mth average 12k.
self employed so no super.

ur gdfm fp makes that amt in polyclinic
Reply With Quote
  #3990 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2022, 01:59 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
40 hours a week making 300k to 500k in auzzie?
haha
haha
haha
haha
u must be peddling drugs on the side.
u might bill 300k in that time. remember revenue != profit
billings is 70 percent of ur billings.
u take back 200 to 240 k nia.
after 30 percent net tax, left 150 to 160k.
one mth average 12k.
self employed so no super.

ur gdfm fp makes that amt in polyclinic
That's correct.

Singapore drs are very lucky and probably over paid.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What work-life balance? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 3 04-08-2022 11:49 PM
What happened to Life Sciences? Salary.sg Education and Personal Growth 50 22-05-2013 12:58 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
341 Replies, 120,280 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,593 Replies, 9,239,423 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
17,431 Replies, 6,717,054 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,983 Replies, 898,552 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
959 Replies, 601,469 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,816 Replies, 3,665,273 Views
Polytechnic lecturer salary range ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 82,420 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,698 Replies, 2,615,096 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
239 Replies, 265,489 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,261 Replies, 1,054,523 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,081 Replies, 2,003,403 Views
SIA AO grades ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
90 Replies, 33,669 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
503 Replies, 261,459 Views
crypto trading tech roles
9 Replies, 2,020 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,400 Replies, 2,400,202 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
34 Replies, 4,024 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,210 Replies, 925,568 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,193 Replies, 548,495 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,359 Replies, 293,389 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
486 Replies, 447,044 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,650 Replies, 3,193,383 Views
Working Culture in IRAS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
66 Replies, 117,281 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
138 Replies, 138,957 Views
DBS BANK Interview replies ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
433 Replies, 334,253 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,272 Replies, 923,869 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,400 Replies, 653,532 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
994 Replies, 218,746 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,038 Replies, 672,983 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
345 Replies, 239,109 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
525 Replies, 189,935 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2