Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

How is life as a doctor in Singapore?

Old 13-03-2022, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
lol why so racist. i've worked with many indian colleagues and never had any major issues with them. same number of bad eggs in all races. in fact had an experience where an indian colleague backed me up in a very tough situation.
Agree with you.

Got good ceca got bad ceca
Got good sinkie got bad sinkie

Old 14-03-2022, 01:07 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs down

Quote:
Agree with you.

Got good ceca got bad ceca
Got good sinkie got bad sinkie
I really feel sometimes some of us sg doctors should go overseas and work abit, to really understand how it is like to work overseas. This is when the tables are turned and sometimes be subjected to xenophobia. Feel really bad when some of the senior consultants look down on nurses from China and Philippines. Or even looked down upon doctors graduated from other countries.

Old 14-03-2022, 06:39 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
I really feel sometimes some of us sg doctors should go overseas and work abit, to really understand how it is like to work overseas. This is when the tables are turned and sometimes be subjected to xenophobia. Feel really bad when some of the senior consultants look down on nurses from China and Philippines. Or even looked down upon doctors graduated from other countries.
I agree. But Singaporeans tend not to. Because they have been educated to believe that Singapore is the best and #1 in the world. So why would they?
When they get sent on HMDP they also feel like SG is still #1.
Singapore is indeed well advanced on the technical side of things. So I still understand why they still send drs on HMDP.
Socially though Singaporeans are racist and xenophobic. Suits the Singapore narrative well.

Old 14-03-2022, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I agree. But Singaporeans tend not to. Because they have been educated to believe that Singapore is the best and #1 in the world. So why would they?
When they get sent on HMDP they also feel like SG is still #1.
Singapore is indeed well advanced on the technical side of things. So I still understand why they still send drs on HMDP.
Socially though Singaporeans are racist and xenophobic. Suits the Singapore narrative well.
Yup, as a Singaporean who served NS and did my medical training overseas, being on the receiving end of the xenophobia / racism is not fun at all.
Old 14-03-2022, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

Would like to ask the seniors in this forum, if you work for a chain group gp (e.g raffles/health way/one care etc), do you get annual increment in your salary based for inflation? (Like how we do when we work for mohh, we typically get a 3-4% payrise every year, even if we are average performer)

I understand that most chain gps only pay aws but no Performance bonus.

I am currently mopexing in ops, just passed gdfm in the Jan cycle, finishing my bond in July this year.

I am just trying to work out the Remuneration for the various options available. (I am only offered Ard 7.9k basic plus 500 gdfm allowance from my ops, with average 3-4 mth bonus for average performer (based on seniors hearsay) and the opportunity to do mmed via program B;
- I think I can get higher annual package by joining a chain even without bonus, esp if I locum on top)
Old 14-03-2022, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Yup, as a Singaporean who served NS and did my medical training overseas, being on the receiving end of the xenophobia / racism is not fun at all.
Where you experienced this?

Old 14-03-2022, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Would like to ask the seniors in this forum, if you work for a chain group gp (e.g raffles/health way/one care etc), do you get annual increment in your salary based for inflation? (Like how we do when we work for mohh, we typically get a 3-4% payrise every year, even if we are average performer)

I am currently mopexing in ops, just passed gdfm in the Jan cycle, finishing my bond in July this year.

I am just trying to work out the Remuneration for the various options available. (I am only offered Ard 7.9k basic plus 500 gdfm allowance from my ops, with average 3-4 mth bonus for average performer (based on seniors hearsay) and the opportunity to do mmed via program B;
- I think I can get higher annual package by joining a chain even without bonus, esp if I locum on top)
no one can give u a reply
end of the day, your increment at private is at the discretion of the chain owner
if you are v good and bring in the moolah, your increment will be better. Usually, if u are good with patient, they want to retain you and giving u some extra bonus and increment but then u will also want to go and open your own shop because u can also count yourself how much u can make

dun expect miracles la. Hired GP pure non aesthetic work usually top out at 15K, beyond that economically not feasible, unless u somehow can charge $40 consultation fee and beyond and patient still keep coming to you. Fantastic year, your boss give 1 more month bonus.
Old 14-03-2022, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
no one can give u a reply
end of the day, your increment at private is at the discretion of the chain owner
if you are v good and bring in the moolah, your increment will be better. Usually, if u are good with patient, they want to retain you and giving u some extra bonus and increment but then u will also want to go and open your own shop because u can also count yourself how much u can make

dun expect miracles la. Hired GP pure non aesthetic work usually top out at 15K, beyond that economically not feasible, unless u somehow can charge $40 consultation fee and beyond and patient still keep coming to you. Fantastic year, your boss give 1 more month bonus.
I think what the op meant is, if the pay/market rate will increase with inflation? I.e do chain gps 10 years ago also earn 15k/mth and will chain gps 10 years later still earn 15k/mth?

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 14-03-2022, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

Just got full reg and want to start locuming. Any tips on how to find ulu clinic to start slow at ?

Also never locum before so i am not sure how to use all these GP Connect and Clinic Assist. Will it be an issue or is it very intuitive? ( Also will the anchor dr leave behind the login details and password for me or how do it get those )

thanks
Old 14-03-2022, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

i think the opportunity to do program b is very precious.