How is life as a doctor in Singapore? - Page 356 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How is life as a doctor in Singapore?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3551 (permalink)  
Old 11-02-2022, 10:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

s://.straitstimes.com/opinion/forum/forum-no-benefits-to-house-officers-30-hour-shifts?utm_campaign=stfb&utm_medium=social&utm_sou rce=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0xjSu8C4E_tsv0iYcggjfmCCDb lvfERDne_Q3PmK4afpmkXJI77rx8Vag

Reply With Quote
  #3552 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2022, 01:49 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
mostly correct.
easier to get into anathesia in aus though

sg wise exam v hard to pass. singhealth largest intake , resident flogged v hard and between service and learning, often service take precedence and many fail the exams.
nuh smallest intake but caseload lower might not get enuff practical experience.
singhealth likes people who pass the part 1 already.
Thanks! This is great info! Anaesthetics in australia quite difficult to get also, usually PGY 4 or PGY 5 is the sweet spot for getting into training in aus. Would it be difficult to get anaes/ICU MOPEX in sg?

Thanks again guys for the big help

Reply With Quote
  #3553 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2022, 09:49 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks! This is great info! Anaesthetics in australia quite difficult to get also, usually PGY 4 or PGY 5 is the sweet spot for getting into training in aus. Would it be difficult to get anaes/ICU MOPEX in sg?

Thanks again guys for the big help
Not diifficult

Reply With Quote
  #3554 (permalink)  
Old 13-02-2022, 03:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone able to give me some advise pls.

Im a female, hired by a chain earning 12 k per month , have AWS, no confirmed PB. I have GDFM & FP accreditation. Should I move to polyclinic as I'm planning for family as well and its a challenge with chains as they tend to dislike poeple going on materinity leave and even taking MC is a challenge as they will make noise if too many MC-> Pb also affected.

Should I consider applying to polyclinic as FP(GDFM) , at least i'll have materinity coverage, no nights and more leaves and mc quoto.

However, I do not want a pay decrease, Can anyone advise me on the base pay please and annual salary. I know base pay may be lower ~ 8k + $500 ( for GDFM ) = $8500 per month.

But i heard bonuses are good and Fp have additional bonuses-> anyone can shed some light on these please. I dont personally know people in polyclinic so I have no one to really ask per say and abit hard to ask HR
Reply With Quote
  #3555 (permalink)  
Old 13-02-2022, 04:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anyone able to give me some advise pls.

Im a female, hired by a chain earning 12 k per month , have AWS, no confirmed PB. I have GDFM & FP accreditation. Should I move to polyclinic as I'm planning for family as well and its a challenge with chains as they tend to dislike poeple going on materinity leave and even taking MC is a challenge as they will make noise if too many MC-> Pb also affected.

Should I consider applying to polyclinic as FP(GDFM) , at least i'll have materinity coverage, no nights and more leaves and mc quoto.

However, I do not want a pay decrease, Can anyone advise me on the base pay please and annual salary. I know base pay may be lower ~ 8k + $500 ( for GDFM ) = $8500 per month.

But i heard bonuses are good and Fp have additional bonuses-> anyone can shed some light on these please. I dont personally know people in polyclinic so I have no one to really ask per say and abit hard to ask HR
it will drop by few hundreds per month to 1k ish.
but hor, why polyclinic want to take you?

gdfm dime a dozen.
u probably gone very vodoo magic after a few years in private. hire u anyhow start fenfibrates, use nifex etc.
and hiring u for u to take MC, maternity leave ? sure. I clinic head hire u to go on frequent leave, MC, take unpaid maternity to give myself more manpower problem?


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #3556 (permalink)  
Old 13-02-2022, 07:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Can I ask what is the average bonus for doctors working in polyclinic including aws, corporate etc? (Assuming you are just an average performer, i.e the "L3/meet expectations" equivalent for a mopex on their c1 evaluation form)
Reply With Quote

  #3557 (permalink)  
Old 13-02-2022, 08:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
it will drop by few hundreds per month to 1k ish.
but hor, why polyclinic want to take you?

gdfm dime a dozen.
u probably gone very vodoo magic after a few years in private. hire u anyhow start fenfibrates, use nifex etc.
and hiring u for u to take MC, maternity leave ? sure. I clinic head hire u to go on frequent leave, MC, take unpaid maternity to give myself more manpower problem?
===============

well, i think they'll hire me cause seems like they desperately need manpower. I see singhealth and NUP posting at so many job portals looking for medical drs, so i think they will take me.
Reply With Quote
  #3558 (permalink)  
Old 13-02-2022, 08:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
===============

well, i think they'll hire me cause seems like they desperately need manpower. I see singhealth and NUP posting at so many job portals looking for medical drs, so i think they will take me.
lol. their posting forever there. and there is only 1 posting just that it's picked up by many portals.
need manpower is real. but we all want to hire people who contribute and tank the workload, not a gdfmer whose sole aim is to come in for the MC and maternanity leave.
last time really no manpower we took in really crappy people. now cannot get rid of them. trust me all the clinic heads know of the problem that a slacker can bring. u private coming back to polyclinic is only for that reason.
it's for that reason residents or mopexer of at least 1 year duration is preferred.

you apply liao let us know. or rather u track the job posting lor, it's forever there.
Reply With Quote
  #3559 (permalink)  
Old 13-02-2022, 10:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Can I ask do FP contracts at ops explicitly say that we can't moonlight/locum? I am happy at ops but want to earn additional income if possible. I don't mind working myself to the ground as I am still young now, might as well chiong now and then relax while in your 40s.
Reply With Quote
  #3560 (permalink)  
Old 14-02-2022, 08:19 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I ask do FP contracts at ops explicitly say that we can't moonlight/locum? I am happy at ops but want to earn additional income if possible. I don't mind working myself to the ground as I am still young now, might as well chiong now and then relax while in your 40s.
Yes. Itís stated in the contract.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What work-life balance? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 3 04-08-2022 11:49 PM
What happened to Life Sciences? Salary.sg Education and Personal Growth 50 22-05-2013 12:58 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,647 Replies, 1,495,239 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,974 Replies, 2,097,050 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,692 Replies, 4,859,081 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,751 Replies, 1,355,637 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,203 Replies, 3,329,506 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,266 Replies, 741,144 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
314 Replies, 309,659 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
702 Replies, 387,090 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,257 Replies, 6,390,719 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
460 Replies, 258,031 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,071 Replies, 2,245,826 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,297 Replies, 985,278 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
108 Replies, 73,273 Views
Visa Internship
3 Replies, 4,275 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
419 Replies, 711,873 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,258 Replies, 12,295,998 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
885 Replies, 484,237 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
635 Replies, 321,785 Views
Company deduct air ticket from...
0 Replies, 167 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
415 Replies, 156,445 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,759 Replies, 1,013,382 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
20,885 Replies, 10,194,264 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,756 Replies, 1,475,100 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,027 Replies, 425,227 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,197 Replies, 445,864 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,396 Replies, 1,342,695 Views
A*Star (Agency for Science,... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
38 Replies, 97,604 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,077 Replies, 3,677,599 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,781 Replies, 4,579,763 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
298 Replies, 355,134 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2